Life gets tough sometimes, but you can’t give up when it does. These quotes on motivation are ones you should remember when things get hard. They will remind you of why you need to keep moving forward and can give you the motivation to do it.
Success can happen at any time, and the only thing that will stop you is giving up. Stay motivated and find a way through all of your troubles. Then, you’ll be able to look back and be proud of how far you have come.
These quotes on motivation are from those who have reached great success themselves. They offer their insight and experiences into staying motivated during the tough times. This can help you get through tough times, too.
Fifteen Useful Quotes on Motivation
We all face tough times. When the road ahead looks too long to keep driving it, read these quotes on motivation.
1. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
If things don’t go as planned, it doesn’t mean you have failed. As long as you get up and try again, you are still on the right path. This is where your greatest glory lies; in all the times you kept trying and pushed through.
2. “Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
Each time your life gets tough, remember that you will receive an equal amount of good in return. Oftentimes, the benefits you get in return are even greater than the hardships you went through. You may not see it now, but things will work out.
3. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
If life was always easy, it would get boring pretty quickly. You wouldn’t be very motivated to learn and grow if everything was quickly achieved.
While challenges are hard and often unpleasant, they make life worthwhile. You wouldn’t realize how great the good times are if you never experienced tough times. Plus, you wouldn’t ever realize what you are capable of if you never faced challenges.
4. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
There will always be people who try to bring you down. Whether by words or other actions, they may not want to see you succeed. When this happens, remember that they can’t hinder your progress unless you let them.
Use their words and actions in a way that benefits you. When their words and actions make you feel bad, put all of your energy into moving toward your goal. Then, you’ll be letting that negative energy out but doing so in a way that benefits you.
5. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
You never know how close you are to success, so never give up. Even when it seems hopeless and like you are making no progress, keep trying.
Most successful people have felt the same way you are right now but they kept working toward the goal anyway. Remember that the next time you feel like giving up.
6. “You gain strength, courage and, confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
When life gets tough, it doesn’t have to be a completely bad situation. Remember that you learn from all of these situations. You grow and develop strength, courage, and confidence, as Roosevelt explains.
Each time you face a new hardship, you are being prepared for the next one to come. As you become stronger, you’ll be able to take on many things you thought you’d never be able to.
7. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth.” – Unknown
Hardships and obstacles are the situations that you grow the most in. As stated before, you will become stronger and better able to handle the tough times. Don’t let them keep you down, you have to keep moving forward.
8. “I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying.” – Tom Hopkins
Failure happens to everyone, even the most successful people. This isn’t what determines their success, however. What determines their success is the number of times they kept trying until they achieved something great.
Success isn’t easy and you have to keep fighting for it. Giving up isn’t an option, and no one will judge you for failure. Instead, they will judge you for the success you achieve once you’ve reached the goal.
9. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
You wouldn’t be able to learn or grow if you never experienced new situations. If you didn’t have to figure things out and make new plans, you’d never use your mind any differently, either. Use the tough times to learn who you are and what you are capable of.
10. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
If you never experience new situations and tough times, you’d never know how to be brave. When bad things never happen, you aren’t able to develop in that way, as Moore explains. To be brave, you have to fight through tough times and learn how to overcome them.
11. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
Just because something will take a while to achieve doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. In five years, think of where you will be in life and what you will be doing.