Everyone needs help attaining optimism sometimes, and many good quotes can help you. Reading quotes from people that have been in your situation can help you change your mindset. Don’t let negativity take over your mind when you can easily make a change.
When things aren’t going how you wanted them to, it can be hard to stay optimistic. Negative thoughts can take over if you let them, but good quotes can give you the motivation you need. If you can switch to positive thinking, you’ll notice a beneficial change in your life.
Reading good quotes can give you the inspirational boost you need. Plus, these quotes can give you tips on how to overcome a negative mindset or situation.
As you read through these good quotes on being optimistic, choose the ones that resonate the most with you. Then, put the quotes in areas you’ll see them often so you can read them whenever you need to.
Good Quotes About the Power of Positivity
1. “You’ve done it before, and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” – Ralph Marston
Think of every time in the past you have overcome a negative situation. If you could do it then, you can do it now, as Marston explains. Refocus your energy on being optimistic and determined.
2. “Building a practice of gratitude is the best way I know to create an optimistic approach to life. Start each day by lying in bed for five minutes and mentally acknowledging what you are grateful for.” – Silken Laumann
If you want to experience optimism, then try practicing gratitude. When you are thankful for the things and people in your life right now, you’ll feel better. As Laumann explains, acknowledge all you’re grateful for before you even get out of bed in the morning.
3. “The best thing to do when you find yourself in a hurting or vulnerable place is to surround yourself with the strongest, finest, most positive people you know.” – Kristin Armstrong
When life gets hard, the best thing you can do is spend time with positive people. If you surround yourself with positive, strong people, you’re sure to feel more positive yourself.
Good Quotes About Facing Difficulty in Life
4. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” – William Ellery Channing
Everyone experiences hardships and obstacles in life, but they aren’t supposed to discourage you. Instead, allow the difficulties to make you stronger and more resilient. When you can look at hardship in this way, you’ll feel more positive as you go through it.
5. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
Always look for the positives in life rather than the negative aspects that threaten to disrupt your peace. There will always be something undesirable happening, but you don’t have to focus on it. Whenever you’re experiencing a hard time, remember this quote and find a few positives to focus your attention on.
6. “It’s your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.” – Betty White
It doesn’t matter what is going on in your life because you can still be positive. If you can change your mindset and outlook, you can eliminate negativity by reading positive quotes. One of the best ways to do this is to humor each day to make you laugh or smile.
Inspirational Statements to Encourage You
7. “Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.” – Allen Klein
By changing your attitude about life, you can change your outlook, too. Add brightness to your life by adding happiness and humor.
8. “Dream small dreams. If you make them too big, you get overwhelmed and you don’t do anything. If you make small goals and accomplish them, it gives you the confidence to go on to higher goals.” – John H. Johnson
While big dreams are great, they’re harder to accomplish because they take longer. When you don’t focus on smaller goals, you’ll begin to feel discouraged and stop working toward the bigger ones. Come up with small stepping stones toward your end goal, and celebrate all the small steps along the way.
Good Quotes About Optimistic Thinking
9. “It’s not that optimism solves all of life’s problems; it is just that it can sometimes make the difference between coping and collapsing.” – Lucy MacDonald
When you maintain a positive mindset, you will handle unexpected situations and hardships better. If you can stay optimistic, you’ll cope rather than collapse during hard times.
10. “To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” – Tony Dorsett
You need things to inspire and motivate you if you want to stay positive. Without these things, you’ll struggle to push away negative thoughts and attitudes.
11. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” – Doe Zantamata
When times get hard, you can discover your innermost strength. Look within, and you’ll begin to experience optimistic feelings even during the hardest times of your life.
Positivity Statements About Emotional Intelligence
12. “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” – Christopher McCandless
You don’t have to leave town to experience happiness, but you do need new experiences. Try new things, visit new places nearby, and keep your eyes open for new things around you. When you experience a change in this way, you’ll be much more positive and happier.
13. “No one escapes pain, fear, and suffering. Yet from pain can come wisdom, from fear can come courage, from suffering can come strength – if we have the virtue of resilience.” – Eric Greitens
No matter how much you try to prepare, you can’t avoid all pain, fear, or suffering. Don’t let these hard times bring you down, though, because you can gain so much from them.
14. “Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.” – Noam Chomsky
With a positive mindset, you set yourself up for a better future. Whenever you need some optimism, remember this quote to help you switch your mindset.
Good Quotes About Your Ability to Succeed
15. “There are powers inside of you which, if you could discover and use, would make of you everything you ever dreamed or imagined you could become.” – Orison Swett Marden