Aren’t cats cute little creatures that you want to forever live with? Cats are wonderful. They have soft fur and lovely eyes that you wish to stare at all times.
Cat lovers, also known as felinophiles, are happy and often in a cheerful mood. A study by the Minnesota Stroke Institute suggests that cat lovers are likely to live longer. The felines have the ability to reduce an individual’s chances of dying from cardiac diseases. Kitty lovers are also intelligent.
Interacting with felines makes you learn more about their behaviors and what they love. Cats adore their owners as much as the owners love them. They just show their love in a very unique way.
And, the animals not only show affection to their owners, but they are also protective of them.
Having a kitty in the house will lower your stress levels and lift your spirits every day. Kitties are great company. You will feel love and evade solitude as you will have always have a company with you. Below are 25 fun quotes about cats and their traits.
25 Fun Quotes About Cats
1. “In ancient times, cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.” – Terry Pratchett
You know that gods are adored and held in high regard. They are adulated and treated like the super-beings. Felines know that they were unique at a certain period in time. Take care of them like you would take care of a god you respect.
2. “Dogs come when they’re called; cats take a message and get back to you later” – Mary Bly
A dog will come running when you call for it. A cat will take its sweet time to respond to you. They will listen to what you are asking and get back later. There is nothing wrong with this. It is part of their character that you will soon get used to.
3. “The trouble with sharing one’s bed with cats is that they’d rather sleep on you than beside you” – Pam Brown
Feline owners know this too well. You willingly share your bed, but the feline will choose to sleep on top of you. Is this one of their ways of bonding with you? Do they prefer feeling your skin and clothes and not the duvet? Are cats just mischievous?
4. “A cat determined not to be found can fold itself up like a pocket handkerchief if it wants to” – Louis J. Camuti
This is funny but true. Have you ever called you kitty and they fail to respond? Sometimes cats just want to be left alone, but the owners don’t know this. They will camouflage on the seat and watch you as you move around the house looking for them.
5. “In a cat’s eye, all things belong to cats”- Unknown
Ever sat down to enjoy your meal but can’t as the cat is hovering all around you? Yes, this is a prime example of how felines think that they own everything. It is amusing as a cat will want to share with you what you are eating right after devouring their cat food.
6. “If cats could talk, they wouldn’t” – Nan Porter
Cats love chilling while being cuddled up. You can stay with your feline for a whole day without talking, and they will be cool with you. This quote goes to show what amazing creatures cats are. Do you ever crave some company together with some silence? Cats can give you this. They are an ideal pet for an introverted personality.
7. “Cats are kindly masters, just so long as you remember your place” – Paul Gray
Even with the friendliest of cats, you need to know your place in their world. The cat is the master when you are attending to them. You feed them, take away their litter, play with them, and even eat with them. Do not, however, forget your boundaries when with them.
8. “Cats never strike a pose that isn’t photogenic” – Lillian Jackson Braun
Everyone agrees with this quote. Cats look lovely in all pictures. Your camera may not be of high quality, but the little animal will still appear charming. Are there any pets that are more beautiful than cats? Go to any kitty lovers social media page, and you will witness this beauty.
9. “One cat just leads to another” – Ernest Hemingway
Oh, this is true. You will get one kitten, love it, and wish to get more. Cats are special like that. You always want to be surrounded by them as they bring such positive vibrations. Do not stop yourself from getting another feline if you have the means an resources to.
10. “Cats always calculate the best place to sit to inconvenience you” – Unknown
Have you ever found your kitty sitting still and appearing to be in deep thought? That is them plotting the best place to take their daily nap. They will calculate in their heads and go to settle where they will make you uncomfortable as you are doing your work. They simply do not care as long as they are comfy.
11. “When Rome burned, the emperor’s cats still expected to be fed on time.” – Seanan McGuire
How oblivious can one be? A feline will not care that you are going through a crisis. They will want you to take care of them even when you are handling other issues. Ensure that you have everything they need whenever an inconvenience happens as cats will not understand this.
12. “Cats are inquisitive, but hate to admit it” – Mason Cooley
Felines are curious. They will snoop around the house, go through your bag, and jump from one room to another. If kitties could talk like humans, they would have a lot to ask. There is so much they say when they are meowing.
13. “What greater gift than the love of a cat” – Charles Dickens
This is not so much of a funny quote but a fact. What are you seriously doing with your life if you do not own a cat? They are the most gentle of pets. The only thing a cat will do is love you and cling on you. Get a pet for yourself and see how happy you will be.
14. “The way to get on with a cat is to treat it as an equal – or even better, as the superior it knows itself to be” – Elizabeth Peters
Do not treat your cat like a subhuman. They hate this. You may not know it, but cats notice when you treat them differently.Youcant be acat’s best friend when you put them second. Treat them with honor and dignity. They will love you for this and always crave your association.
15. “Cats are not required to make sense” Unknown
Have ever seen your kitty engage in some weird activity that you do not understand but love regardless? This quote is to explain what you often see. A cat will do the most awkward thing, but it will still look lovely. Felines are not to be understood. They are to be loved.
16. “Cats were put into the world to disprove the dogma that all things were created to serve man” – Paul Gray
Human beings assume that they are superior to all other animals. You may think that you are the greatest, but your kitty will humble you by making you serve them. The quote says that unlike other creatures, felines do not care that humans are powerful. They get what they ask from man.
17. “As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat” – Ellen Perry Berkeley
You will claim to be the guardian of the cat, but your feline will do whatever they please. You do not own them in the real sense. You are only there to love them and make their life cozy.
18. “Dogs have owners. Cats have staff” – Unknown
This is true because unlike dogs who seem like guardians at all times, felines have people who work for them. A dog can survive on its own for days. A kitty can also survive, but they are known to be generally demanding and prefer to allow their human to do their bidding.
19. “One reason that cats are happier than people is that they have no newspapers.”- Gwendolyn Brooks
Going through local dailies can be depressing. You read about all manner of sad and negative stories that instead of cheering you up, make you depressed. This perhaps explains why some humans appear sad and gloomy all the time while kitties seem to be happy and contented with their lives.
20. “An ordinary kitten will ask more questions than any five-year-old” – Carl Van Vechten
The purrs all felines make mean something. They are always asking questions, inquiring about one or two things. Your kitten will be quiet when they want to, but they will also make enough noise for you to notice them when they feel ignored.