The business of raising little human beings may be challenging but it comes with plenty of fun experiences. Children are funny and unpredictable.
You never know when they will do or say something funny. If you are a parent, you can relate to all or some of these quotes.
These Quotes About Children Will Make Parents Laugh
Read on, you’ll see that you’re not alone!
1. Mother Nature is providential. She gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers. -William Galvin.
Raising children is fulfilling even though it comes with its challenges. However, parenting teenagers can prove to be much more difficult. When kids become teenagers, most of them go from being sweet and adorable to almost unlovable people.
2. It just occurred to me that the majority of my diet is made up of the foods that my kid didn’t finish” -Carrie Underwood
Raising children means saying goodbye to your alone time, eating leftovers and barely getting time to sleep. You barely get enough time to make your own meals and they are always asking for a snack that they won’t finish.
3. I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real.” -Reese Witherspoon
Children do not care who you are. They will mess up your plans and even throw up on you. You can only love them.
4. The biggest thing I remember is that there was just no transition. You hit the ground diapering. -Paul Reiser.
Even though raising children demands a lot of time, patience, and hard work from you, they do not come with a manual. You do not get a chance to prepare for their arrival and have no choice but to deal with whatever challenges they bring head-on.
5. If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent- Bette Davis
Children will go from ‘I love you’ to ‘I hate you or you are not my mum/dad in a few minutes.
It is their way of responding to authority. It may not be cute or funny when it happens but it gives you a funny story to tell when they are older.
6. The best way to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable-Lane Ollinghouse
Being a parent, it seems like your children do not ever want to see you resting.
It is funny how they will start to bother you as soon as they notice you are trying to rest.
7. Having children is a lot like living in a frat house. No one sleeps, everything is broken, and there is a lot of throwing up. -Ray Romano
Even though children are adorable, they will turn your beautiful and quiet home into a frat house. They turn everything upside down and never want to sleep.
8. Having one child makes you a parent. Having more makes you a referee. -David Frost
Children are always fighting for one reason or the other. Being a parent of two or more children means that you always have to play referee when they are fighting.
9. Never underestimate a child’s ability to get into more trouble. – Martin Mull
When you think your child has done the worst they could possibly do in a day, they will surprise you by getting into even more trouble.
Every parent knows not to underestimate their child’s ability to get into more trouble.
10. Children ask better questions than adults. “May I have a cookie?” “Why is the sky blue?” and “What does a cow say?” are far more likely to elicit a cheerful response than “Where’s your manuscript?” “Why haven’t you called?” and “Who’s your lawyer? -Theosophy Forward
These questions are a lot better than adult questions such as ‘who is your lawyer?’ and ‘why haven’t you called?’ Children ask the funniest questions.
Questions that are likely to elicit much more positive responses than adult questions.
11. Why don’t kids understand their nap is not for them, but for us?” –Alyson Hannigan
Raising children can be a roller coaster of emotions. Their lives include a lot of playing, laughing, crying, and fighting.
It is all fun to them but for adults, it can be torture. Sometimes, adults need a nap more than their children.
12. There are only two things a child will share willingly; communicable diseases and its mother’s age. -Benjamin Spock
Children can be very selfish. They don’t like to share their toys, food, or clothes. Food. Its, however, funny how easily they will share your personal information.
13. You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. -Franklin P. Adams
Children have a way of testing your patience. Their continuous wailing and fighting will definitely test your limits.
If it does not do anything else, parenting will teach you to be patient.
14. In general, my children refuse to eat anything that hasn’t danced in television. -Erma Bombeck
Most children are fussy eaters. They don’t want to eat anything that is not advertised on TV.
The surest way of getting them to eat something is by showing them a TV advert.
15. The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires.” -Dorothy Parker
As soon as children can get out of the house, it is almost impossible for parents to keep them in no matter how hard they try
16. The best way to advise children is to find out what they are going to do and advise them to do it. – Harry S. Truman
It is funny how children will do the exact opposite of what you ask them. It always feels like they are deliberately trying to annoy you.
17. Cleaning your house while the kids are still growing up is similar to shoveling the sidewalk while it is still snowing. – Phyllis Diller
With kids in the house, it will always be dirty. They seem to disorganize everything as soon as you finish organizing them.
It almost seems like you should wait until they grow up before you can clean the house.
18. Parenting is all about yelling ‘You just had a snack’ until you are tired and throw them one more. -Loud Mama
Kids always want a snack even though they never finish it.
Being a parent, you often find yourself in situations where you give them one even though you know you shouldn’t.
19. No matter how big or bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it. – Bill Murray
Children have a way of bringing out your soft side no matter how tough you may think you are.
When they give you a toy phone to answer, they don’t care how old or big you are.
20. At bedtime, children become dehydrated philosophers who need a hug. -Unknown
It may be because they are tired from a long day or they just don’t want to go to bed.
Children will come up with all sorts of theories and stories when they don’t want to go to bed yet or hope to sleep in your bed.
They will ask for all sorts of things including water, hugs, and a chance to sleep with mum or dad.
21. Children totally get along. As long as they are not looking at each other, close to each other, or breathing the same air. -Unknown
Children love their siblings but will take any opportunity to fight. They will fight when playing together, eating together, or getting dressed at the same time.
22. ‘So, I stepped away for a minute,’ the beginning of all parenting horror stories. -Scary Mommy (blog)
Children have an amazing potential to do extreme damage in just a few minutes. You cannot take your eye away from them. Not even for a minute.
23. There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. – Walt Streightiff
Even the most obvious things can be amazing in the eyes of children. It can be fun to watch while they are still figuring things out and learning new things.
They ask questions and make you question things that you thought you knew.
24. Nothing is more contagious than the laughter of children. It does not even matter what they are laughing at. – Criss Jami, Killosophy
Children laugh at almost anything. Their laughter is adorable and contagious even when you are not sure what they are laughing at.
It is the perfect way to begin or end your day.
Final Thoughts on these Funny Quotes About Children (and Parenting)
If you have spent time around children, you know that they can be a source of joy. They trigger all sorts of emotions making you laugh, smile, cry, or stare in wonder.
They have a genuine and unfiltered nature that makes them do some funny and surprising things.
As a parent or guardian, there are plenty of times when you may feel like you are doing nothing but making mistakes.
It is always a good idea to take a break from all the stress and frustration and look at the funny side of having children.
These quotes will remind you that it is perfectly normal and most parents have been in your situation.