For me the greatest beauty always lies in the greatest clarity. – Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
Have you ever experienced foggy weather? Low visibility and the inability to see what you know exists leaves you feeling lost in the once-familiar, now misty world around you. Not until the sun shines to evaporate the surrounding ground clouds can you really see what is around you?
Fog can creep in on the human psyche too. Whether physical, mental, or spiritual, a foggy feeling in life is one that wants to leave you with little to no progress, practically stealing the potential love and positive energy that awaits you.
The good news is that you never really have to feel like you’re trapped in any one of these fogs. Clarity can always be with you, all you need to do is “warm-up” the hazy environment around you to reach above the D.E.W. Point. Here are a few practical hacks to help keep you above a “D.E.W. (depressed, empty, worn-out) point in life.”
How to Attain Physical, Mental, and Spiritual clarity:
Attaining physical clarity:
Implement these three tips to build a strong foundation for physical clarity:
- Exercise – When you exercise, you literally “wake up” your body. Your muscles, mind, and natural defense systems strengthen, an increase in metabolism keeps you vibrant, and the benefits of looking your best will surely sway you to stay active. Not to mention, you’ll probably live longer. 😉
- Proper sleep – Studies show that sleep helps keep you energized, repairs the body, and can even help prevent cancer. Get between 7 and 9 hours each night when you can to make sure you’re feeling your best each day.
- Water – The right amount of water each day (half of your body weight in ounces) helps your body incredibly. Water flushes toxins from your body, keeps your chemical reactions in check, and even helps you go on schedule
Implementing these three habits alone will help boost your physical clarity and keep you feeling alive. Read another post – 101 lifestyle habits that can help you attain clarity and positive living.
Attaining mental clarity:
- Eat well: When you live a healthy eating lifestyle that’s high in fruits and vegetables, it has multiple benefits for your brain that will help keep you mentally, and emotionally, stable. Antioxidants and micro-nutrients contained in healthy foods go a long way toward protecting brain function. As researchers have shown, many different foods have an effect on the brain.
- Stress Less: Stress raises levels of hormones that block normal brain function. It can even damage brain cells. Use meditation, positive affirmations, and of course, the power of positivity in your daily life and proclaim, “I am too blessed!” (to be stressed). 😉
- Supplements: It’s a constant battle to get the perfect amount of nutrients for your brain and body to function to its best. Taking a quality, plant based supplement shake or vitamin supplement that contains DHA, vitamin D, and vitamin B12 will help you keep your mental edge.
Using these three building blocks for brain power will help keep your mind sharp and firing on all cylinders. Mental fog? Forget about it!
Attaining spiritual clarity:
If you’re new to meditation, use this guide to help you get started. If you already practice, you know how much meditation can help you achieve spiritual clarity. Whether you’re looking for a sign, or just figuring out which step to take next in life, meditation can really help manifest your thought and bring a clearer path forward.
You can heal your life through positive affirmations. If you’re new to positive affirmations, it’s okay. They are very easy. Simply create or choose affirmations that resonate with you and your situation the most. Write them down or type and print them out. Say them to yourself every single day. Even better, say them all throughout the day. If these seems silly, remind yourself that you’ve been saying affirmations about your life already every day, you just didn’t realize it. Positive affirmations simply bring the truth back into your life. The truth that you have the potential to be healthy and well.
A spiritual fog, just like real-life fog, leaves you not able to see what is truly there. Believe that a spiritual fog is simply covering up, not eliminating what is there. Allow yourself to believe that you are co-creating with the divine. Focus every day for 7 seconds on what you desire to send it to the Universe, and for 68 seconds to help bring the beginning of that manifestation to fruition. You will see that as you ask and focus on that positive desire, it will be delivered at the perfect moment.
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. – Matthew 21:22
You see, it’s not that your clarity is missing or gone, it’s been there the whole time – it’s just not visible through a mental, physical, or spiritual fog. Once the light shines and warms you past the D.E.W. Point, your clarity appears once more. Take in your new clarity and witness the wonders of life. They have surrounded you the entire time.
By allowing the proverbial “sun” to shine in your life, it will brighten and warm you inside and evaporate the haze in your life. You’ll be seeing clearly before you know it. 🙂