Inner spiritual war happens when good and bad thoughts contradict one another. While it sounds like a religious term, the struggle may or may not involve your faith.
Spiritual wars can break out inside anyone, even people who always seem to do the right thing.
These inner wars are personal, and you can only win them on your own. If you can stay confident, believe in yourself, and stay strong throughout, you are sure to win. Plus, if you know that you are doing the right thing, you can lay the negative thoughts to rest.
Fifteen Quotes to Help You Win Your Inner Spiritual War
Sometimes it isn’t as simple as pushing the thoughts away, however. The inner war that you are experiencing can be harder to win than it sounds. When this is the case, remember these quotes to help you win the war.
1. “When we pay attention, whatever we are doing is transformed and becomes part of our spiritual path.” – Rick Fields
Focus on what you are doing and what you hope to achieve. When you pay attention, you will do everything better and with more passion. Whatever you are doing will become a part of who you are and who you become.
When you feel like there is a war inside of you, remember this quote. It will help you pay attention to what you are doing right then instead of thinking about other things. This way, you can win your inner war.
2. “You have to expect spiritual warfare whenever you stand up for righteousness or call attention to basic values. It’s just a matter of light battling the darkness. But the light wins every time. You can’t throw enough darkness on light to put it out.” – Thomas Kinkade
You might experience inner war whether you did the right thing or the wrong. Even when you are speaking up for what is right, there will be a battle. As long as you tune into what is good, though, the war will end, and you will know you did what was right.
As Kincade explains, light always wins over darkness. If both are present, feel confident in yourself and know that good will win every time.
3. “When your life is filled with the desire to see the holiness in everyday life, something magical happens: ordinary life becomes extraordinary, and the very process of life begins to nourish your soul!” – Rabbi Harold Kushner
Look for the good things in your life or the world around you. When you do, you will see that there is always something magical happening in your life. Paying attention to the great things around you can help you defeat your inner war quickly.
4. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
Always be confident and believe in yourself. You are doing great things, and you will achieve so much if you keep this mindset through everything.
It might take you longer than you’d like to reach your goals, but you will get there. All that you have to do is keep moving forward and trust in yourself.
5. “He who has conquered his own coward spirit has conquered the whole outward world.” – Thomas Hughes
Don’t let your worries and fears hold you back. If you want to conquer your inner spiritual war, you must fight through those feelings. Do what is right and do what you believe in, and you will have won the war.
6. “Loving people is the highest level of spiritual warfare that we could ever do.” – Joyce Meyer
If you are experiencing an inner spiritual war, try giving love to others and see what happens. Usually, loving others will provide the help that you need to win the war that is happening inside of you.
Love leads to other good things, and it leads to happiness and peace in your life. As long as you can give love, you can rest assured that you will win the war.
7. “The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence.” – Rabindranath Tagore
Keep learning as you go through life, and focus on learning things aligned with your beliefs and values. The best education you can receive is the kind that gives your life meaning and helps you understand things better. This type of learning is a sure way to help you win the war you are battling inside.
8. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse
Instead of thinking about the spiritual war, you are struggling with, look for the stillness and sanctuary that Hesse describes. If you can find the stillness within yourself, you will always have a safe place to retreat. By finding that place within yourself, you will eliminate any war going on inside of you.
9. “One of the enemy’s sneaky attacks against the joy of our salvation is to put us in the spiral of self-condemnation.” – Linda Evans Shepherd
When you experience an inner war, it is because you’re having negative thoughts about yourself. Let these thoughts and feelings go because believing them will cause you to win the war. You must value and believe in yourself and remain confident if you want to overcome and win.
10. “If fear is cultivated, it will become stronger; if faith is cultivated, it will achieve mastery.” – John Paul Jones
When you want to win your inner spiritual war, you must cultivate your faith. If you cultivate your fears instead, then you will find yourself losing the war. Focus on the aspect that you want to shine through, and you will find that you master that aspect.
11. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
When you have a war waging inside of you, you must figure out what needs to change. There is something in your life that you are not fully content with. Once you figure out what that thing is, you can work to change it.
While everyone is busy trying to change the entire world, you can do more by focusing on yourself. There are things about you that you can change to make the world a better place. If you can figure those things out and work to change them, you will find that you have won the war.
12. “Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.” – David Elton Trueblood
Many people think that having faith means you believe things without having proof. That isn’t what faith is, however. Instead, faith is fully trusting in something, whether you can see it or not.
If you can trust yourself or a higher power, you will find that the inner war is easier to win. With faith and trust, anything is possible, and you only have to remember it will all work out for the best.
13. “Every victorious warrior draws his strength from the highest source; his love.” – Tapan Ghosh
Love always wins. It wins over hate, war, disdain, and any other negative thing you can think of. If you want to win your inner war, remember to give love as often as you can.
Don’t only give love, but be open to receiving it, as well. With love, you can trust that your life will work out for the best and that you will win the war.
14. “Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.” – Gregory Peck
With faith, anything is possible. Having faith gives you everything you need to overcome hardship or inner turmoil. It will help you become stronger and gives balance and perspective, as Peck explains.
With all of these benefits of faith, it is easy to see why it helps win inner spiritual wars. If you can stay strong, believe in yourself, and gain perspective, you can surely win the fight.
15. “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
Please don’t rely on anyone else to fulfill your destiny, and don’t expect it to happen by chance. You must do what it takes to reach your full potential. Look inside and remember what you are capable of, and don’t let the war inside convince you that you can’t overcome.
Final Thoughts on Quotes to Help You Win Your Inner Spiritual War
Winning an inner spiritual war is a true accomplishment. It is a war that you can only win alone, and you must have faith in yourself and self-confidence to overcome.
As you work through your inner spiritual war, remember these quotes to help you. They can give you the motivation to overcome any thoughts or feelings that you experience. Remember, if you do what is right, you can win the war every time.