Living a happy life and feeling love are two of the most important things for humans. Things get hard sometimes, but they can always get better, as you will be reminded in these short motivational quotes.
It is normal to feel unmotivated sometimes, especially when things weren’t going well. It would help if you kept pushing forward, though, and working hard to get what you want.
To be happy, you have to strive for all that you have dreamed of. When you stay motivated and work toward your dreams, you will experience the life and love you were after. Let these short motivational quotes remind you of that, and remember them when you need motivation later on.
Twenty Short Motivational Quotes About Life and Love
Don’t give up if your first plan doesn’t work. This doesn’t mean your goal won’t work. It simply means you need a new plan. Learn from what went wrong the time before, and then try again.
If your second plan doesn’t work, try a third time. Don’t give up until you achieve your goal. It is always possible.
2. “Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.” – Unknown
Telling people what you plan to do won’t mean anything because what matters is getting things done. Once you have succeeded, they will know what your plan was anyway. Make them wait for the reveal rather than telling them about it before you have started.
3. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernard Shaw
Make your life meaningful and useful by taking risks and moving forward. Mistakes always happen, but that doesn’t mean you should stop trying.
4. “The man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” – James Crook
You can’t follow everyone else and expect to get what you want. Instead, turn your back on what everyone else is doing and work on your goals and dreams. To be a leader and become successful, you have to stand apart.
5. “Nothing lasts forever. Not even your troubles.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
When things seem hard, remember that you can get through anything. As time goes on, your troubles will fade away. Keep fighting through and working toward brighter days ahead.
6. “Take the risk or lose the chance.” – Unknown
If you never try, you will never achieve anything. You have to put yourself out there and take chances. When you want something, go for it. Otherwise, you may never get the chance again.
Don’t just sit idly by and watch the world pass you by. Take risks, even when they make you uncomfortable. You’ll get much farther this way than by playing it safe and missing out.
7. “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
Things don’t always work out the way you wanted them to, and you have to accept that. With acceptance comes figuring out what to do next and moving forward. It should never stop you from getting what you want in life.
8. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
Time passes, no matter what you choose to do. You might as well spend the time doing something meaningful, even if it takes a while.
9. “Being strong means rejoicing in who you are, complete with imperfections.” – Margaret Woodhouse
Accept and love yourself always, and you will be strong. You can do anything, and even your flaws can’t stop you from getting everything you want in life. Work hard and keep trying, and you will see that your strength gets you through.
10. “If it matters to you, you’ll find a way.” – Charlie Gilkey
The key to all things in life is to figure out what matters in life. When you focus on what matters, you will find a way to see it through. If you can’t bring yourself to try harder, then you must consider if your goal truly matters to you.
11. “Just decide; what’s it’s gonna be, who you’re gonna be and how your gonna do it, and then from that point, the universe will get out of your way.” – Will Smith
Those who know what they want and how they are going to get it are the ones who usually succeed. You have to know what you want out of life and decide the kind of person you want to be. Then, figure out how to get it done.
If you can do this and stay certain along the way, everything else will seemingly fall into place. Figure it all out and then get started because nothing can stop you now.
12. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Knowing but not acting on that knowledge will not get you anywhere. Wishing won’t get you anywhere, either, if you don’t do something to achieve it. Use your knowledge and dreams to do something great that you have always wished for.
13. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
Put yourself out there, even when it makes you uncomfortable. This is the only way to reach your goals and get what you want.
14. “Life is a question and how we live it is our answer.” – Gary Keller
Think about how you want to respond to life. Every bit of your life is a question just waiting for you to answer it through your actions. Give an answer you will be proud of, and one that will get you one step closer to what you want.
Keep in mind that questions aren’t always easy to answer. They sometimes take thought and consideration before the right answer comes to mind. Don’t get frustrated. Just keep working on giving the answer that will make you happy.
15. “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.” – Unknown
While you may be comfortable with playing it safe, you won’t get anywhere by doing that. You can’t grow, learn, and change your life by staying in the same safe place.
Get out there and work for what you want. You can make all of your dreams come true if you step outside of your comfort zone.
16. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
If you want to be successful in life, then keep working for it, as Hilton explains. Even when things get hard, or you have made a mistake, keep moving forward. Never give up on life or love, and you’ll be sure to succeed.
17. “The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary.” – Unknown
All things in life take hard work and determination, and you won’t succeed without putting in work first. If you want a successful relationship, you must work for it. Likewise, if you want to reach your career goals, you have to work hard for that, too.