Your ultimate goal in life should be to live your best life. This idea sounds simple enough, but it’s not something you can do by sitting passively. These quotes to motivate you can start you down the right path.
You have to get moving and take the necessary steps to make your life what you want. Sometimes you may need a little motivation to get going.
When you find yourself needing motivation, reading quotes to motivate you to live your best life can help.
Quotes to Motivate You to Live Your Best Life
1. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
Over-thinking things can hinder your ability to get them done. You’ll start thinking of all the things that can go wrong, making it more challenging to motivate yourself.
2. “Small daily improvements over time lead to stunning results.” – Robin Sharma
You don’t have to make extreme changes right away. Instead, work on improving yourself a little at a time can lead to significant results in the end.
3. “Experience can only be gained by doing not by thinking or dreaming.” – Byron Pulsifer
Once you’ve decided you want to do something, you must act on it. You can’t waste time thinking about it or dreaming.
4. “The only person you should strive to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.” – Matty Mullins
You can only live your best if you strive to be better each day. Don’t compare yourself to others because the only person you need to be better than is yourself. Always spend time improving and learning, and you’ll reach all of your goals.
5. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr., in P.S. I Love You
You don’t want to look back on your life and be disappointed in your life. Brown explains it perfectly in this quote. Get moving and do all the things you’ve ever dreamed of doing.
6. “One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning, and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.” – Stephen Hawking
Go through life–loving, enjoying, and fulfilling your purpose. By doing these things, you’ll find yourself happier, and your life will be on track for reaching your dreams.
7. “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Don’t avoid trying something new because of the fear of failure. You may not always get things right the first time, but you can try a different way next time. The only thing that you must do is to try something.
8. “Instead of complaining about your circumstances, get busy and create some new ones.” – Unknown
You can’t sit back and complain about your life. If it isn’t going the way you want it to, you must act to make it better.
9. “Poor is the man whose future depends on the opinions and permission of others. Remember this, if you are afraid of criticism, you will die doing nothing!” – Andy Andrews
Don’t let the fear of criticism stop you from doing what you want to do. This is your life to live, and, as Andrews explains, you shouldn’t look for the opinions of anyone else.
10. “Forgiving yourself means that you give up on your hope that the past will be different. When we forgive, the slave we free is ourselves.” – Unknown
This situation is one of the few times that giving up hope is acceptable. In this instance, you cannot change the past, so there is no use hoping for something different. When you accept that, you can free yourself and begin moving forward.
11. “Do not wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.” – Unknown
Not many people are lucky enough to have opportunities and experiences fall into their lap. If you want to get something done, you have to go after it.
12. “Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
If you don’t do something, you’ll never succeed. You can’t sit around and expect everything to happen for you. Get started, make mistakes, and try again until you get the results you desire.
13. “For all of the most important things, the timing always sucks. Waiting for a good time to quit your job? The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. “Someday” is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you, and you want to do it “eventually,” just do it and correct course along the way.” – Timothy Ferriss
There is no such thing as the perfect time. No matter the situation, you just have to get started to reach your goals. Nothing will ever be perfect, so by getting started now, you’ll get there sooner.
14. “There is an amazing power getting to know your inner self and learning how to use it and not fight with the world. If you know what makes you happy, your personality, interests, and capabilities, just use them, and everything else flows beautifully.” – Juhi Chawla
When you learn about yourself and begin to understand who you are, life will get better. You’ll figure out all of the details about yourself that allows everything else to come naturally.
15. “After all, this is how you learned how to walk. You didn’t just jump up from your crib one day and waltz gracefully across the room. You stumbled and fell on your face and got up and tried again. At what age are you suddenly expected to know everything and never make any more mistakes? If you can love and respect yourself in failure, worlds of adventure and new experiences will open up before you, and your fears will vanish.” – Dr. David Burns, Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy
By trying over and over again until you get it right, you’re allowing yourself to be successful. Mistakes happen, but you have to try each time anew. Only then will your life be what you want it to be.
16. “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Roadacher-Hershey
Take care of yourself, do essential and new things, enjoy your life, laugh, and avoid regretting your past. Furthermore, always continue learning, appreciate those you love and who love you, and do things that you enjoy. If you can do all of these things, you’ll live your best life.
17. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking down your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” – Mark Twain
This quote to motivate you comes from one of the greatest American minds, Mark Twain. He reveals a basic truth. You can’t reach your dreams if you never get started. So, the sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll reach your goals. Do this by setting small goals and getting started on the first one right away.
Don’t stop there, though. Once the first small task is done, do the next one without waiting or thinking about it. Keep that pattern going until the ultimate goal is reached.
18. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – J.K. Rowling
If you spend your time dreaming about what you want your future to look like, you’re holding yourself back. You can’t just think about it. You have to go for it. The only way to reach your dreams is to get started.
19. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” – Louis E. Boone
If you fear failure to the point that you don’t do anything new, you’ll never get to where you want to be. You’ll end up regretting all of the things you missed out on. Don’t let this happen to you.
20. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
Your life will be better if you commit yourself to do your best. It doesn’t matter what you’re working towards in life, but if you commit yourself, you’ll reach your goals.
It’s up to you to make your dreams and goals happen. These quotes to motivate you to live your best life may help you get started.
Don’t wait to start working toward the life you want. If you start now, you’ll get there much quicker.