Being strong isn’t only a physical characteristic, as these quotes on strength will explain. Inner-strength comes from within and has nothing to do with how much you can physically carry.
With strength from within, you will find that you can do anything you set your mind to. You will be able to overcome any obstacle or hardship, and you will find success in life, too.
As these quotes on strength will remind you, looking for strength from within is what will get you through life. The strength is always there, you just have to remember to always look for it.
Twenty Quotes on Strength from Within
As you tap into your inner-strength, you will only become stronger and better equipped to handle whatever comes your way.
You won’t find true strength on the outside. Instead, you have to look within when you need to be strong. Your strength is always there, but you have to know where to look for it.
2. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
If you have inner-strength, nothing can take that away from you. Allow your strength to guide you and nothing will be able to hold you back.
3. “By meditation we develop that strength within us, so automatically we start solving the problem.” – Nirmala Srivastava
You have to take the time to reflect and think about what is within you. When you take this quiet time, you are well on your way to getting through the problem. This is when you will see what truly needs to happen and what you have to do to accomplish it.
4. “He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity.” – Ben Jonson
When you go through hard times, you’ll see just how strong you are. You can get through anything, and your strength will shine through when you need it.
5. “You have power over your mind―not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
You can’t control what goes on in the world around you, but you can control your mind. When you can change your thoughts from negative ones to positive ones, you’ll realize your inner strength. You can control your thoughts, and the minute you do, you will see what you are capable of overcoming.
6. “Physical strength is measured by what we carry. Inner strength is measured by what we can bear.” – Unknown
Being able to carry heavy things in everyday life says nothing about what you can bear internally. What you can bear internally is the thing that determines your inner strength. Think of all that you have been through so far and all that you have had to bear, and you’ll remember how strong you are.
7. “The adversity gives opportunity to discover inner strength. Inner strength is derived from self-belief and indomitable will.” – Anil Sinha
Don’t dread hardship or give up when obstacles are placed in your life. This is when you can prove how strong you are. Use the hard times as an opportunity for growth and self-discovery as you tap into your inner strength to get through.
8. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Each time you overcome a hardship you will get stronger. As Emerson explains, you mentally obtain all the things you have overcome and they build your inner-strength.
9. “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” – Dalai Lama
The harder the obstacle, the more strength you will gain. Through hardships, you will become wiser and stronger. Without those opportunities, you would never see how strong you are and you would never be able to become stronger.
10. “Look well into yourself, there is a source of strength which will always spring up if you will always look there.” – Marcus Aurelius
As long as you look within, you will find the strength you need to get through anything. No matter the situation, the strength is always there if you look for it.
Enjoy moments when you are alone and allow yourself to look within. Reflect on who you are and who you want to be, and draw strength from that. Learn to appreciate who you are and to always lean on yourself for support.
12. “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
No matter how badly you are hurting, you can survive and get through it. You are strong enough to bear anything life throws your way. When you realize this, you will know that you have truly grown up.
13. “Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used.” – Richard E. Byrd
There is more strength within you than you can ever realize. No matter how hard life gets, you are strong enough to keep going and your strength won’t run out. It is limitless, as long as you know to look within.
14. “The task ahead is never greater than the strength within you.” – Unknown
You can accomplish anything, and you shouldn’t let anything that you are facing hold you back. The strength you have within is more than enough to get you through any task. Keep moving forward and using that inner-strength to reach your goals.
15. “We are living in a time of uncertainty, anxiety, fear, and despair. It is essential that you become aware of the light, power, and strength within each of you, and that you learn to use those inner resources in service of your own and others’ growth.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Life is never perfect, and there will always be uncertain times. You will feel anxious, fearful, and sad at times, but you are strong enough to get through. Acknowledge the power that you hold over your mind, and let that inner-strength shine through as you grow and help others.
16. “People who are fortunate to find their inner strength find that it gives them direction, a purpose, and fulfillment in living.” – John Cong Nguyen
When you realize how strong you truly are inside, you will know that you can do anything. You will determine which direction you want to take in life, and it will give you a purpose. As you work toward that goal, you’ll find fulfillment, too, as Nguyen explains.
17. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” – Katherine Dunham
Give your best every day, and show the world who you truly are. Don’t let anything dull your flame or put out your fire.
Somedays, this will be easier than others. On the harder days, go within, as Dunham suggests, and find your inner strength.
18. “She was powerful, not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
There will be times in your life when you are scared of what is coming or how you have to get to the next point. That is normal, and only the powerful can overcome that fear. Those who can overcome it are the ones who look within and find their inner strength.
19. “Your inner strength is your outer foundation.” – Allan Rufus
Without inner strength, it will be hard to build up the person that you are. Everything that you are and hope to be is based on how strong you are inside. Make sure you look within and allow your inner-strength to work for you.
20. “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am.’” – Mariah Carey
Stop being hard on yourself and instead, appreciate who you are and what you have done. You can do this by looking within and finding your strength. When you realize how strong you are, you will truly appreciate the person that you are.
Everyone has inner-strength, as these quotes on strength explain. You simply have to look within to see how strong you truly are, and then you can do anything. It has nothing to do with how much you can physically carry, but only how much you can emotionally bear.
With inner-strength comes resilience, direction, and purpose in life. Plus, strength from within will get you through all of the hard times you will inevitably go through. When times get tough, remember these quotes on strength from within and they will help you get through.