Life can be hard sometimes, especially when little things keep happening that disrupt your peace. Having a sense of humor during the unexpected challenges of life will help make it a little easier. While it can be hard to laugh during upsetting times, many quotes on life can help you find your sense of humor.
Life rarely goes exactly how you have planned it, which can be quite upsetting if you let it. Oftentimes, small hiccups occur one after the other, making you feel like you can’t catch a break. Sometimes, the things that are bothering you are more serious than small hiccups, however.
Either way, having a sense of humor can help you pull through and become stronger. Your sense of humor can help you get motivated and conquer hard challenges. Plus, it will help you through times that seem devastating by giving you a new view on life.
With humor, you will be able to see things differently and keep a positive perspective. Think of how much a funny moment can cheer you up, and keep that in mind during all of life’s hardships. The following quotes on life will help you find your sense of humor again.
Fifteen Quotes on Life That Remind You to Keep a Sense of Humor
1. “Humor can make a serious difference. In the workplace, at home, in all areas of life – looking for a reason to laugh is necessary. A sense of humor helps us to get through the dull times, cope with the difficult times, enjoy the good times and manage the scary times.” – Steve Goodier
If you can find your sense of humor, it will make all the difference in your life. As Goodier explains, it will help you through hard times and help you enjoy the good times. Look for a reason to laugh in every situation, and you’ll have an easier time in life.
2. “The ability to find humor in the ups and downs of life can give us a new perspective and a new way of viewing our circumstances.” – Heidi Catherine
With a new perspective, you can make even the worst moments a little better. The best way to do this is to find the humor where ever you can. Humor will open your mind and allow you to view the situation differently.
3. “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.” – Charles Bukowski
It is okay and completely normal to feel crazy sometimes, as it is a part of living a full life. In these moments, remind yourself of this quote and remember that with the crazy comes the good. Then, you will be able to find your sense of humor again.
4. “It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor.” – Max Eastman
You don’t have to tell or make jokes to have a sense of humor. Instead, by taking a joke, you will find your sense of humor by simply rolling with it and laughing. So, when life seems to be playing tricks on you, find the humor in it instead of getting upset.
5. “Every time you are able to find humor in a difficult situation, you win.” – Unknown
Don’t allow mishaps, no matter how big, to take over your life and make you miserable. Accept the hardships and find the humor in the situation. There is always something you can laugh at, and finding it will allow you to win, instead of letting the hardship win.
6. “Laughter provides a great feeling, and even after the moment has passed, you will still find yourself chuckling as you think back to the humor in the situation that caused you to laugh in the first place.” – Kala Stevenson
Finding something to laugh about will make the hard times easier to think back on. You will have a gem in those memories that will allow you to smile when thinking back on it. Look for an opportunity to laugh in every moment, and you’ll have a life full of humorous memories.
Accepting that life is never what you expect it to be will help you find your sense of humor. You can make all of the plans possible and still encounter unexpected situations. If you can roll with the changes and find the humor in them, you’ll be all set on moving forward.
8. “It’s good to be able to laugh at yourself and the problems you face in life. Sense of humor can save you.” – Margaret Cho
Leave it to a comedian to have great quotes on life. Having a sense of humor can help you in the hardest of times. They will get you by and give you a glimmer of home always. When something unexpected or even bad happens to you, learn to laugh at it instead of becoming upset.
9. “Being an adult is like folding a fitted sheet. No one really knows how.” – Unknown
Adults are all just winging it, figuring out what to do as they go along. This means that everyone is going to make mistakes or embarrass themselves. There is no perfect way to do it, and everyone does it a little differently.
Don’t beat yourself up over the struggle. No one else knows the right way to do it, either. Instead, laugh at yourself and remember that everyone has these moments.
10. “Handling the little things is often best accomplished with humor. The ability to laugh at things that make you the most riled up can ease your reaction when they occur.” – A. E. Dean
If you find yourself getting upset over something small, find a reason to laugh instead. Finding something to laugh about will help you find your sense of humor, making the irritating things more bearable.
11. “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
If you had to choose between laughing or crying, you would likely choose to laugh. Crying doesn’t make you feel good, but laughing can ease even the most painful times. Since you are guaranteed to experience hard times in life, find a reason to laugh whenever you can — and check back on these quotes on life when you need them!
12. “Humor is perhaps a sense of intellectual perspective: an awareness that some things are really important, others not; and that the two kinds are most oddly jumbled in everyday affairs.” – Christopher Morley
Sometimes, you might get upset about things that aren’t very important. Even if the mishap is frustrating and inconvenient, it isn’t important at the end of the day. Being able to laugh in these moments show that you are intellectual, as Morley explains, and you’ll be more resilient.
13. “Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
Unexpected events happen in life, and hard times do, too. You have to accept this and not let it affect you too negatively. If you take everything seriously and let the little things get to you, you will always struggle to find happiness.
14. “A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It’s jolted by every pebble on the road.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Without a sense of humor, every little bump in life will make you feel bad. You’ll feel like you are continually being knocked down and that life keeps throwing hardships your way. However, if you can find the humor in life, the little bumps won’t affect you as severely.
15. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
Have fun, do exciting things, and laugh whenever you can. Keep playing, no matter how old you get, because it will keep you young at heart and help you laugh. If you want to find your sense of humor, start playing again, and embrace life.
As you know, life isn’t always perfect, which is confirmed in these quotes on life. Unexpected things happen, as do upsetting events. Sometimes, it will even seem like you are dealing with one hardship after another.
Even with those experiences and hardships, you have to find your sense of humor. By doing so, you will be giving yourself the ability to get through the hard times and come out stronger. Look for the humor in all moments, or at least something small to laugh about during the event.
Don’t make your life any harder than it has to be. Make sure you have opportunities for joy, happiness, excitement, and adventure. Remember these quotes on life to help you find your sense of humor to not miss out on the best parts.