Being thankful can make all the difference in your life, as these quotes on gratitude will explain. It can differentiate between happiness or despair, calmness or chaos, grief or joy, and many other strong emotions. Plus, it can help those around you be happier, as well.
When you are thankful always, you will never feel like your life is lacking anything. You will be content with what you have, and it seems that further abundance normally follows. When you are constantly seeking more in life, the best things seem to come to you.
If you struggle to think of things you can be thankful for, simply think of the things in your life right now. This could be the people you love, your home, the clothes you are wearing, or just the beauty of nature. You could be thankful for having a job, reliable transportation, or the ability to talk to loved ones who are far away.
No matter what it is, you are thankful for, remember to show your gratitude. These quotes on gratitude will help you remember why you should be thankful.
Fifteen Quotes on Gratitude
1. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
If you want to be happy, try practicing gratitude. When you are thankful for what and who you have in your life, you will find yourself happier than ever.
2. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie
By showing gratitude, you will live a fuller life. You will realize that you already have enough, and your life will simplify. All things will be better when you are thankful, and nothing can compare to that.
3. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
One more day in this world is something always to be grateful for. Even if things seem bad, you woke up and have another chance at life. Remember this anytime you’re having a hard time with something, and you’ll remember to be thankful.
4. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
Being thankful will lead to feeling like you have everything you need. It’ll attract more good things, too. On the other hand, focusing on the things you don’t have will always leave you feeling empty.
5. “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
If someone in your life makes you feel this way, make sure you let them know it. Show gratitude to those who make you feel alive because they are the important ones. When you show gratitude, they’ll continue to light the flame that Schweitzer describes.
6. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
You will always feel like you have plenty if you are thankful for what you already have. Plus, when you show gratitude, it will seem that your life becomes overflowing with great things. Be grateful for what you have and see how much you gain.
7. “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
With gratitude, you can become more than you are now. Not only will you learn and develop, but you will also be happier and bring happiness to those around you.
8. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” – Frank A. Clark
As Clark explains, if you aren’t grateful for what you already have, you will never be thankful for anything. If you aren’t thankful, you could have everything and still feel like something is missing. With gratitude, however, you will feel like you always have enough.
9. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
If you want peace and understanding, you have to be thankful for everything you have. You are today because of your past, so you have reason to be thankful for that.
Being thankful will help you love your life and the person you are now. Plus, it will help you see where to go next in life. With this, you can strive for a bright future while feeling happy where you are now.
10. “Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.” – Stephen Richards
You can do so many things in life if you are thankful, and so many opportunities will be open to you. If you are looking for the good in life, you will find it everywhere. Without gratitude, however, you will be blind to the good in the world, and you will miss out on the best opportunities.
11. “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
When you are always thankful, you will see the world more positively. You will see the good in those around you, and you will see the beauty of nature. It will bring on a new perspective that will make you feel even more grateful for the things around you.
12. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brené Brown
Chasing excitement and beauty will never leave you feeling fulfilled, as Brown explains. Instead, bask in the environment around you right now. Pay attention to your loved ones, and to the other things that matter most.
When you think of all the great things in your life and show your gratitude, you will feel much happier. This is something that couldn’t be found if you traveled the world searching for it. It is much simpler than that, as it only requires showing thanks for what you already have.
13. “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
Being thankful and showing gratitude will lift you higher than you’ve ever been. You will feel happier and more fulfilled, and you will attract good things. When you feel like you already have enough in life, you will find that you keep receiving more.
14. “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” – Hannah Whitall Smith
A giving soul can find good and comfort in any situation. This requires finding the good in all situations, even when it seems hard to do.
On the other hand, those who complain will never see the good. Things will always seem off to them, and they will not be able to find peace or comfort anywhere. So, remember to be thankful always so that you can find comfort in life.
15. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” — Ralph H. Blum
Life often seems hectic, out of control, and overwhelming. Things get busy, and unexpected situations occur, no matter how much you have planned.
To ease all of this, take time to be thankful and show gratitude. Then, you will find that life calms down, and you feel less stressed. You will find more joy and happiness, and you will feel fulfilled.
These quotes on gratitude will remind you to be thankful always. Being thankful can benefit you and the world around you in so many ways. You will be happier and more fulfilled in life, and you will always feel like you have enough.
Show your gratitude for those you love and for the things you have. You will be amazed at how quickly your life seems to improve, and you’ll find more positivity coming your way.
If you find yourself struggling to embrace what you have, remember these quotes on gratitude. They will help you remember why you should be grateful and all that you have to be grateful for. When you can be thankful always, you will see just how great life can be.