“Positive emotions expand our awareness and open us up to new ideas, so we can grow and add to our toolkit for survival.” ~Dr Barbara Fredrickson
Here’s a fun fact about remaining positive. Simply looking on the bright side has a powerful effect on your life.
Use these 31 positivity quotes to help guide yourself to a more balanced view of life. These positivity quotes come from various thinkers, artists, musicians, and poets. They will help you create a life filled with joy and clarity.
Positivity Quotes to Brighten Your Day
1. “The only place where your dreams become impossible is in your own thinking.” – Robert H Shuller
2. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” – Anonymous
3. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “Optimism is the most important human trait because it allows us to evolve our ideas, to improve our situation, and to hope for a better tomorrow.” – Seth Godin
5. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
6. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” — Willie Nelson
7. “You can’t make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices easy, natural, and enjoyable.” — Deepak Chopra
8. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” — Les Brown
9. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so let us all be thankful.” — Buddha
10. “Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there’s a tomorrow. Maybe for you there’s one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there’s only today. And the truth is, you never really know.” –Lauren Oliver
11. “Perfectionism is the enemy of happiness. Embrace being perfectly imperfect. Learn from your mistakes and forgive yourself, you’ll be happier. We make mistakes because we are imperfect. Learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself, and keep moving forward.” –Roy T. Bennett
12. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” –Bob Marley
The Best Quotes on Positivity to Inspire You
13. “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.” –Audrey Hepburn
14. “How can you tell a man there’s nothing to do? I can’t imagine a situation in which there could ever be nothing to do! Do it for mankind and don’t worry about the rest. There’s so much to do that a lifetime won’t be enough, if you look around attentively.” –Fyodor Dostoyevsky
15. “After all that I’d been through, after all that I’d learned and all that I’d been given, I was going to do what I had been doing every day for the last few years now: just show up and do the best that I could do with whatever lay in front of me.” –Michael J. Fox
16. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” –George Eliot
17. “When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.” –Shannon L. Alder
18. “I promise you that the same stuff galaxies are made of, you are. The same energy that swings planets around stars makes electrons dance in your heart. It is in you, outside you, you are it. It is beautiful. Trust in this. And your life will be grand.” –Kamal Ravikant
19. “So, let us reflect what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that. The purpose of our life needs to be positive. We weren’t born with the purpose of causing trouble, harming others. For our life to be of value, I think we must develop basic good human qualities—warmth, kindness, compassion. Then our life becomes meaningful and more peaceful—happier.” –Dalai Lama XIV
20. “Affirmations are our mental vitamins, providing the supplementary positive thoughts we need to balance the barrage of negative events and thoughts we experience daily.” –Tia Walker
21. “If you see the world and yourself through a lens smudged by negativity then you’ll find much misery. If you look outwards and inwards through lens brightened by positivity you’ll find much to be happy and appreciative about.” –Henrik Edberg
22. “If you want to bring the world closer to peace, be a peacemaker by creating peace whenever you can. If you find yourself engaged in an argument that only stirs anger in the heart, quickly make peace and carry on.” –Suzy Kassem
23. “Leave that room, kid. Shut the screen off. Take your dirty shoes, not the pretty ones, and go out to feel the wind. Touch water. Touch earth. Touch wood, touch skin, touch everything you can touch and memorize everything because that’s all you will live off in the end, and that’s all you will need.” –Charlotte Eriksson
24. “I can only imagine how happy life would be if we could stay so grounded in our faith that we would never waver in our positive attitudes.” –Tracie Miles
25. “Don’t be a reflection of your depression, your dark, or your ugly. Reflect what you want. Your light, your beauty, & your strength. Aspire for greatness – reflect who you are; not which deficits you maintain. Showcase the hidden treasures.” –Tiffany Luard
26. “Happiness is loving your enemies.” –Charles M. Schultz
27. “You aren’t responsible for the way your face looks, but you’re responsible for the face you’re making.” –Coluche
28. “It’s easy to be hard on yourself, but true self-love also lies in forgiving yourself when your plans get disrupted—life happens. Surrender and keep pushing.” –Martika Shanel
29. “I didn’t play the cards I was dealt. I changed the cards.” –Kanye West
30. “If you are waking up believing that there is more to life than there is, then there is more for you out there.” –Oscar Auliq-Ice
31. “Spreading positivity is the best remedy for a poisoned spirit.” –Giovannie de Sadeleer
Take Comfort from These Positive Thinking Quotes
It may be challenging to keep your mind focused on positive thoughts sometimes. Therefore, it is essential to keep this daily practice in mind. When we go forward with gratitude for the blessings we have been given, we can put negative thoughts in perspective.
When you build mental resilience using these positivity quotes, you will have an easier time focusing on what is truly important in life.
Positivity quotes are a great way to focus your And, they can help you pinpoint some negative thinking that may be holding you back. So when you keep these positive quotes in mind, you will be able to face the challenges in your life with a fresh attitude.