Sometimes it can be a challenge to remain positive and upbeat when so much of what we see every day is negative. Even without news feeds streaming bad news, each and every one of us will have a bad day some time. So when life gets you down happiness quotes can help you find your center and regain your inner balance.
Starting each day with quotes about happiness will help frame your thoughts and enable you to spread light and happiness throughout your day. Positivity is contagious so read these happiness quotes to give you a little extra boost to help radiate positivity and spread happiness all around.
20 Magical Quotes About Happiness to Help You Radiate Positivity
Quotes to Remind You to Let the Past Go
Hanging on to the past is counterproductive. As long as you learn from your mistakes and make a commitment not to repeat them, there is no value in reliving your blunders. In fact, remaining focused on past mistakes and failures can do you more harm then good. Use these quotes about happiness to remind you to start each day fresh.
- “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” — Steve Maraboli
- “When things go wrong, don’t go with them.” — Elvis Presley
- “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today” — Will Rogers
- “We do not heal the past by dwelling there. We heal the past by living fully in the present.” — Marianne Williamson
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” — Charles Dickens
Quotes to Remind You to Embrace Yourself
Every once in a while, we all need happiness quotes to give us a boost to our self-esteem and remind us to stay authentic to ourselves. By reminding yourself that who you are matters, you can help other people embrace themselves, too!
- “Do not become a stranger to yourself by blending in with everyone else.” —Dodinsky
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E.E. Cummings
- “I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we can do.” — Brené Brown
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” ? Diane Von Furstenberg
Quotes to Remind You to Love Your Life
Quotes about happiness can help give us a little boost to reflect on all the wonderful things in our lives. When our cup of happiness is full we exude positivity and become a beacon for more good things to come into our lives. In fact, the happier that you are the happier you will become.
- “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen it before.” — Maya Angelou
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
- “There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.” — Buddha
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” — Echart Tolle
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” —Willie Nelson
Quotes About the Simple Things
Quotes about happiness don’t have to be about grand things or wise concepts. Sometimes happiness is a cup of coffee, the purr of a cat, or a good book. When we reach to our favorite quotes about happiness to remind us of the simple things in life, we reinforce our joy and positivity.
- ”Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Marthe Troly-Curtin
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” — Charles Schulz
- “You can do it.” — Coffee
- “I’d rather be happy than right any day.” — Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
- “This morning, with her, having coffee.” — Johnny Cash, when asked for his description of paradise.
Surrounding yourself with quotes that bring you happiness, or making a daily habit of finding an inspiring quote to begin your day, will increase your joy and mental positivity. When you start with a dose of positive motivation you are better prepared for whatever may come your way — good or bad. Fortunately, when your thoughts are aligned with happiness you will find that your days and life are full to bursting with positivity, and you will radiate joy.