Life should be enjoyed and lived to the fullest, but sometimes you might not want to. There will be times in your life when you lack the motivation needed to live your best life. These quotes on motivating yourself will help remedy that, though, and get you back on track.
You may find that you have no desire to go out and live life and work toward your dream. Or, you might feel like giving up after facing adversity. If this is the case, these quotes on motivating yourself to live your best life can help change that.
If you don’t work on living your best life right now, then you are standing in the way of personal happiness. To live a happy, fulfilling, and meaningful life, you must keep moving forward even when you don’t feel like it. You will face obstacles and hardships, but pushing through them will help motivate you.
Fifteen Quotes on Motivating Yourself (and leading your best life!)
As you go through life, remember these quotes on motivating yourself. By doing so, you can live your best life even when things aren’t going perfectly.
1. “Instead of complaining about your circumstances, get busy and create some new ones.” – Ralph Marston
Spending your time complaining about what has happened won’t get you anywhere. Instead, put that energy into creating a new set of circumstances for yourself. You make the decisions in your life, so decide to do what will make your life better.
2. “If you organize your life around your passion, you can turn your passion into your story and then turn your story into something bigger―something that matters.” – Blake Mycoskie
Figure out what you are passionate about, and then organize your life around that thing. Doing what you are passionate about is what matters in life, and you can turn your passion into something great. This is your story to create and tell, so make sure it’s a good one.
3. “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.” – Oprah Winfrey
You are meant to live your life going after your calling. Put your time, energy, and resources into what you are good at and what you are meant to do. This is the best gift you can give or receive, so don’t hold back on it.
You will feel most alive as you work toward what you were called to do. It is the reason you are on the earth and the thing that will make you happiest.
4. “People who use time wisely spend it on activities that advance their overall purpose in life.” – John C. Maxwell
Don’t waste your time on things that don’t matter, don’t fulfill you, or don’t advance your purpose. Choose to do the things that will benefit you and help you learn or grow. If you always work toward bettering yourself, you will surely live your best life.
5. “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Unknown
You can’t get to the top without working for it, and nothing will ever be handed to you. Keep moving forward and, before you know it, you will be through the hard part. The hard work you put in will result in an easier time later on.
6. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
If you fight through hardship and adversity and keep moving forward, you will be immensely rewarded. Feeling sorry for yourself or complaining will only waste time that could be spent on living your best life. Do as Obama suggests, and press on through everything that comes your way.
7. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
The current moment should be designed with a happy future in mind. Don’t wait for happiness to come to you, but instead, get out there and start creating it right now. Do whatever it takes to create the life you dream of, and happiness will come naturally.
8. “I would argue that nothing gives life more purpose than the realization that every moment of consciousness is a precious and fragile gift.” – Steven Pinker
If you realize what Pinker realized then you will embrace each moment for the gift that it is. As he explains, this realization will help you see how precious life is and that you should cherish each moment. This realization will help motivate you to live your best life and live in the moment.
9. “Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
Whatever it is that you want to do, you must work for it. You will encounter obstacles and hardship, but keep moving forward and working toward your goals. No matter what those goals are, the only way to reach them is through action.
10. “Every day, it’s important to ask and answer these questions: “What’s good in my life?” and “What needs to be done?” – Nathaniel Branden
Asking yourself the questions Branden suggests each day can help you live the life you want to live. First, focus on the good things in your life. If it helps, write them down every day so that you can focus on them more intently.
Then, once you have reflected on the good things, think about what needs to happen next. Figure out what will make your life better, and then decide to do those things. Between reflecting on the good and determining what needs to be done, your life will improve.
11. “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Unknown
While many of these quotes on motivating yourself are about being active, this one suggests the opposite. Sometimes you must take the time to sit quietly and calmly and allow happiness to come to you. You can’t always chase after it.
If you spend time doing this, you will suddenly know all the good that you have in your life. Give yourself time to moments like this.
12. “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Doing anything other than living life, experiencing everything you can, and embracing new things means you are wasting your precious days. Embrace every experience that comes your way, and avoid living in fear. If you can do those things, you will live the best life intended for you.
13. “You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.” – Andrew Murphy
Break down the walls you have built for yourself, and you will begin to live your best life. Let your guard down and go after what you want or need in life. You are the only person holding you back, so make the changes you need to live the life you dream of.