Genuine prosperity is not something that money can buy. Instead, it is achieved by having a clear view of what is important to you.
Those things that matter most are what is going to make you prosperous in life. Whether it is your friends, family, pets, learning, or self-care, that is important, you have to put those things first.
No amount of cash can make for genuine prosperity. Whatever makes you truly happy and benefits your life in ways money can’t are what you should watch for.
Inspirational Quotes About Genuine Prosperity (not money)
1. “The things that matter most in this world are those that carry no price tag, for they can neither be bought nor sold at any price.” – Suze Orman
Material things are not what matters most. At least, they shouldn’t be what matters most.
The things that should be most important to you should be free. These items could be friends, family, pets, learning, or anything else that you cannot purchase at a store.
2. “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
It doesn’t matter how far away from your loved ones you are; they are still there inside of you. They are with you each moment of each day.
If possible, give them a call to tell them that you are thinking of them. Write them a letter or send a picture.
Remember, just because they can’t always be with you doesn’t mean you are alone. The things that matter most are always with you in your heart and soul.
3. “There’s a saying. If you want someone to love you forever, buy a dog, feed it, and keep it around.” – Dick Dale
Pets are one of the most important things in life. They can help you feel like you aren’t alone, ease your sorrows, or just offer constant and faithful companionship.
As Dale said, dogs will love you forever. Dogs are especially loyal, so if you have one, you are prosperous in ways that finances cannot guarantee.
4. “You’re not rich until you have things money can’t buy.” – Unknown
You could have all the money in the world, but if you don’t have other types of riches, you’re not truly rich. Experiencing true prosperity is when you have things in your life that matter that didn’t cost currency. This could be close friends, supportive family, or anything else that makes you feel happy and content with life.
5. “Time is one of our most valuable possessions. Use it wisely. Remind yourselves often that things that matter most should not be left to the mercy of things that matter the least.” – O. Leslie Stone
One of the things that make for true prosperity is time. This seems to be something that most people are lacking, so making the most of the time you have is essential.
Time can be used to strengthen relationships, learn something new, get to a task you have been putting off, or simply taking some time for yourself. All of this is important, and having time will give you the chance to get it done.
6. “Stick to the basics, hold on to your family and friends – they will never go out of fashion.” – Niki Taylor
Buying material items can be a bad idea for multiple reasons. First, these items don’t truly matter in your life. Second, material items eventually go out of fashion and have to be replaced.
On the other hand, friends and family never go out of fashion. They never need to be replaced due to being outdated or not matching the newest décor style.
Instead of spending on the material items, show your true prosperity by focusing on those who matter most.
7. “Animals are such agreeable friends—they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
You will never feel judged by your pets based on what you have, what you’re doing, or even what you’re wearing. Focus on your pets, then, because the things you can be judged on in that sense aren’t truly important. Since what Eliot said is true, you’ll never regret the time spent with your pets.
8. “In today’s world, it is deceptively easy to lose sight of our direction and the things that matter and give us joy. How quickly the days can slip by, the years all gone, and we, at the end of our lives, mourning the life we dreamed of but never lived. Poetry urges us to stand once and for all, and now, in the heart of our own life.” – Roger Housden
When working each day to earn a paycheck, it may seem that what matters most is a larger paycheck. When this happens, you may find yourself forgetting or ignoring what makes you happy. Before you know it, so much time has gone by with nothing of value to show for it.
The money isn’t what matters most, however. It is important to continue spending time with those you love, doing what makes you happy. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest, and that can only be done reassessing what you value.
9. “The best portion of a good man’s life – His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.” – William Wordsworth
Being kind and showing love are two of the most important things to be done. When you forget what matters most, just put those two things first, and you’ll quickly be reminded.
10. “I’ve learned that all a person has in life is family and friends. If you lose those, you have nothing, so friends are to be treasured more than anything else in the world.” – Trey Parker and Matt Stone
Even with all the cash in the world, you’ll be alone and unhappy without family and friends nearby. Focus on those people rather than on materialist goods and wealth, and you’ll find that you are truly prosperous.
11. “I live to enjoy life by the littlest things, feeling the grass between my toes, breathing fresh air, watching the wind sway the trees, enjoying the company of loved ones, a deep conversation, getting lost in a good book, going for a walk in nature, watching my kids grow up. Just the feeling itself of being alive, the absolute amazing fact that we are here right now, breathing, thinking, doing.” – Marigold Wellington
The little things in life are the ones that matter most. Having the freedom to feel grass against bare feet or to have a conversation with loved ones is true prosperity. Likewise, being able to breathe in fresh air while watching the wind move the leaves in the trees is incomparable.
These simple things are often taken for granted when they are the things that matter the most. Basking in the joy of these small blessings can leave you feeling rich.
Enjoy being alive, watch children grow, and just keep living without thinking about finances as the way to prosperity.
12. “Dogs don’t make judgments about physical appearance or abilities, and they don’t care how big your house is or what you do for a living. They care about the quality of your character and your capacity to love.” – Elizabeth Eiler
The only things that pets care about are the character of a person how much the person can love them. You can go to them in your pajamas with your hair a mess, and they’ll be just as excited to see you. With this being the case, having a companion in your pet can be one of the only things that matter.
13. “If therefore you shall be remembered for what you did with what you had more than what you had, use what you have to do something distinctive now and leave a notable footprint before you go” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
What you can do with the things that you already have speaks volumes over what you could do with money. Use what you already have to contribute to society. It will pay off more than any monetary investment could.
14. “Talking with my friends and family every day helps keep me grounded and connected to home. They are the most important things to me.” – Colbie Caillat
Just like Caillat, your friends and family can keep you grounded. They are what is most important, and they play a bigger role in who you are than any amount of cash ever could.
15. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
When you go through life with a friend, your fears and worries will not be as scary. Going through hard times alone, however, can cause even small mishaps to seem huge. As long as you have a friend to talk to, you are richer than you think.
Final Thoughts On Quotes About Genuine Prosperity (not money)
When life has you feeling down, remember how prosperous you are. Money does not make for prosperity. Instead, prosperity is based on all the things in your life that matter most.
Think about those you love and those who love you in return. Imagine your pet or spending time in the fresh outdoors. Think about all the things you are learning or the hobbies that you enjoy.
These are the things that will bring you the genuine prosperity that money can’t.