Love is something that has preoccupied humanity since the beginning of time. Whether you’re in love right now or not, love is a powerful feeling that can completely overwhelm even the most level-headed thinkers. The best love quotes remind us of all the many reasons being in love is the greatest feeling in the world.
Quotes About Love
The best quotes about love highlight the passion and beauty of being in love, remind us that there’s hope after heartbreak, and keep us grounded in the idea that love is always around us and within us. Read on for 31 quotes about love.
1. “You will always gain something by giving away your love.” — Reese Witherspoon
Some of us are afraid to let go when we start to feel something for someone else. However, it is the act of giving in to this feeling that allows us to find the freedom we’re seeking.
2. “His soul and mine are made from the same thing.” — Emily Brontë
Soulmates are called this for a reason. Your soulmate is really just the other half of your soul.
3. “Everything that you are is the only thing that I will ever need.” — Ed Sheeran
Quotes about love like this one remind us that love is the only thing we need. Love shows us how deeply, passionately, and truly we care for someone else.
4. “I’m in love with her, and that’s my beginning and my end to everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
F. Scott Fitzgerald knew what it felt like to fall in love. Though we all have lives outside of our partners, quotes about love like this describe how all-consuming the feeling of falling for someone is.
5. “Love recognizes zero barriers.” — Maya Angelou
Love and relationships are certainly not easy. However, when love is real, it can overcome any barrier.
6. “Love is the name we give to one single soul that inhabits two different bodies.” — Aristotle
As you fall in love, you’ll realize that your partner isn’t just your significant other; they’re the other half of your soul.
7. “We’re most alive whenever we fall in love.” — John Updike
Falling in love isn’t easy or perfect. Though it may come with a side of heartbreak, the act of falling completely in love is what it is to feel every inch of our humanity.
8. “There is no other charm that equals the tenderness of the heart.” — Jane Austen
Our hearts are tender and vulnerable things. No gift compares to the beauty of giving someone your heart.
9. “The heart has reasons of which our reason knows nothing.” — Blaise Pascal
There’s a reason we lose our heads when we fall in love. There’s really no logic to the act of falling in love. It just happens as it does whether we are ready for it or not.
10. “Love is friendship when that friendship catches fire.” — Ann Landers
Falling in love with your friend may seem like a strange idea to some, but many of history’s most successful relationships started as friendships.
11. “Love yourself above everything else and wait for the rest to fall into place.” — Lucille Ball
We all hope to fall deeply and madly in love one day, but this type of love most comes after we find the greatest love of all: self-love.
12. “If you fall in love, don’t blame gravity.” — Albert Einstein
Funny quotes about love like this one remind us that falling in love is something that just happens without rhyme or reason.
13. “If you find a person that you love in life, hang on to the love you feel for them.” — Princess Diana
Love can be a fleeting feeling. If you feel a certain way for somebody, it’s important to hold on to this love as it may one day disappear.
14. “I’d miss you even if you and I never met.” — The Wedding Date
While quotes on love like this may make no sense to those that aren’t in love, this quote reminds us how powerful the connection between soulmates is. Even if you never met your significant other, you’d definitely feel as though there is an absence in your life.
15. “Saying ‘I love you’ is more valuable than any amount of money.” — Frank Sinatra
Many of us search for a way to find meaning and value in life. While many of us dedicate ourselves to our careers, having someone to share love and life with is something far more valuable.
16. “Everything and all I do is for you.” — Bryan Adams
Love comes in many shapes and sizes. Regardless of what love looks like for you, true love is unconditional and selfless. If you’ve found a partner like this, consider yourself blessed.
17. “Don’t look to find someone to live with. Look for someone that you can’t live without.” — Anonymous
When it comes to love relationships, you may be tempted to settle for something or someone simply because you are lonely. However, take this quote to heart.
Rather than put up with a partner you can get through life with, find someone who you can’t seem to do life without.
18. “If you end up living a hundred years, I hope to live to 99 so I don’t ever live a day without you.” — Winnie the Pooh
As one of the most brilliant minds of our time, Winnie the Pooh embodies true love in this adorable quote. When we’re truly in love, we can’t imagine going a day without the person we are in love with.
19. “Love stories don’t have endings.” — Richard Bach
Through life’s good and bad times, one thing should remain true: love has no end. The love we feel for one another never ends. While it may change shape or transform as relationships change, love is boundless and endless.
20. “There isn’t anything I won’t do for you to feel how much I love you.” — Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan reminds us of the importance of showing how we feel and being true to ourselves.
21. It’s better that we love and lose than to never experience love at all.” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
Things may not go as planned in our lives. We lose those we’re close to at times. While this type of heartbreak can leave deep wounds, it’s better to know the highs and lows that come with love than to never have felt anything at all.
22. “Being brave requires us to love others unconditionally, without expecting something in return.” — Madonna
So often, heartbreak is a result of our expectations not holding up in the face of reality. To truly love someone, we must be brave and accept that unconditional love doesn’t expect to get something in return.
23. “You’ll know that you’ve fallen in love when your reality is better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
Being in love is like finding cloud nine. You’ll never want to come back to earth now that you’ve found your happy place.
24. “It’s great to have that one person you get to annoy until the end of time.” — Rita Rudner
While love is candy, flowers, and hearts at times, other moments show us that love can be filled with silly things that make us fall more and more in love with one another.
25. “The best thing we have in life is to hold on to one another.” — Audrey Hepburn
Nothing in life is guaranteed. Audrey Hepburn’s quote shows us that we should hold our loved ones close as long as we can.