Life isn’t perfect, as much as we’d like it to be, and everyone experiences times of emotional turmoil. While hard times are not easy to deal with, you can recover from them. Healing from emotional trauma can lead to a better, happier life and a more peaceful mindset.
As long as you keep moving forward while positively handling your emotions, you will get through. This isn’t as hard as you think, as these quotes to help people will explain.
20 Quotes to Help People Recover from Emotional Turmoil
These quotes contain wisdom from those who have been through it before. Use their insight and tips to help you recover from your emotional turmoil so that you can be happy again.
1. “Sometimes painful things can teach us lessons that we didn’t think we needed to know.” – Amy Poehler
Anytime you encounter hardship, think of it as a learning opportunity. There would be a lesson in everything that happens, even if you didn’t realize you needed it. Pay attention and watch for these lessons to help you recover from emotional distress.
2. “Although the world is full of suffering; it is full also of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
Bad things happen in life, and there is nothing you can do to change that fact. The good this is that overcoming it will follow. This means that each time something bad happens, you can look forward to a new beginning.
This isn’t to say the emotional turmoil disappears. It simply means that things will get better. You will overcome anything that comes your way, so remember this quote in times of emotional turmoil.
3. “Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.” – Unknown
Going through emotional turmoil can empower you to be the best version of yourself. Only through pain and hardship and you learn who you indeed are and what you are capable of. This is how you will know how strong you are and what will lead to recovering.
4. “Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary. The people we trust with that important talk can help us know that we are not alone.” – Fred Rogers
There is nothing that you can’t talk about. Talking will help you feel less overwhelmed and upset, and you will begin to process the situation better. Go to those you trust and tell them your true feelings, which will help you recover.
5. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Kahlil Gibran
Feeling pain isn’t a bad thing. The pain will help you understand what you are going through and what you need to do next. Embrace the pain and allow yourself to feel it if you want to recover.
6. “The trick to healing from suffering, I think, is deciding that the pain was worth it.”- Aella
As you go through emotional turmoil, think back on all the good times you encountered. If it is hurting so much now, that means it was a happy experience, at least for a while. Remind yourself that the pain was worth the experience and the memories.
7. “No matter how far life pushes you down, no matter how much you hurt, you can always bounce back.” – Sheryl Swoopes
It doesn’t matter what happens in life. You can always overcome it and move forward. You will come back better than you were before the turmoil. Just keep moving forward, and you will see what you can achieve.
8. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.”- Joseph Campbell
No matter how bad you are feeling, you have to find joy in life. Learn a new hobby that you are passionate about, or see your peaceful place in life. Whatever brings you happiness, embrace it and allow it to take over the pain.
9. “We’ve all been hurt in some way. Don’t think of the marks left behind as scars. View them as tattoos to wear with pride, reminders of your strength and growth.” – Karen Salmansohn
Painful emotions happen, but you can’t view them as a bad thing. Each hardship you go through makes you stronger and helps you grow. So, remember that as you overcome turmoil because it is something to be proud of.
10. “The place of true healing is a fierce place. It’s a giant place. It’s a place of monstrous beauty and endless dark and glimmering light. And you have to work really, really, really hard to get there, but you can do it.” – Cheryl Strayed
When you are overcoming something, you will go through a wide range of emotions. This is a good thing, and you will experience things you never thought possible.
From good things to seemingly dark things, you can get through it and overcome anything. Keep pushing forward because even when it seems endless, you will get through.
11. “It is when I struggle that I strengthen. It is when challenged to my core that I learn the depth of who I am.” – Steve Maraboli
You can only get strong when you are challenged and experience struggles. This is how you will build yourself and learn who you indeed are.
12. “Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.” – Jerry Cantrell
You must talk to others if you want to heal and recover from emotional turmoil. Talking about what is bothering you will help you understand it and overcome it. Don’t talk to just anyone, though. Talk to those who truly care about you.
13. “It has been said that time heals all wounds. The truth is that time does not heal anything. It merely passes. It is what we do during the passing of time that helps or hinders the healing process.” – Jay Marshall
The time passes, whether you heal or not. Don’t let the time go by without working toward recovering from the emotional distress. Use the time to do what will make your life better and improve your well-being.
14. “While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.” – Samuel Johnson
Don’t try to divert your emotions or suppress them. This won’t help, especially in the beginning stages of grief. Allow yourself to feel your emotions naturally and go through them so that you can find happiness again.
15. “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” – Walt Disney
Bad things happen, but happiness and goodness will return. Please don’t give up, because there is always a chance for joy to return, and it will. Keep moving forward and work through your emotions while remaining hopeful for the future.