Emotional growth is the process of mental or spiritual development that allows you to grow as an individual. While you can take classes and attend webinars regarding emotional growth, reading inspiring quotes can help you, too.
Striving for emotional growth will encourage you to keep moving in life, helping you reach your goals and better yourself. It would be best if you didn’t stay in a comfortable place for long because that means you aren’t growing.
Twenty Quotes to Help Promote Emotional Growth
Always continue to better yourself because life isn’t supposed to stay still. Use these growth quotes for inspiration and guidance as you work on your personal growth.
1. “Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you. Instead give to yourself that which empowers you.” – Les Brown
There will always be negativity in the world, but you can let that hinder your emotional well-being. When the world threatens to interfere with your growth, turn to yourself for empowerment instead.
2. “In a growth mindset, challenges are exciting rather than threatening. So rather than thinking, oh, I’m going to reveal my weaknesses, you say, wow, here’s a chance to grow.” – Carol S. Dweck
Instead of viewing challenges as a negative situation, think of them as a chance to learn something new. If you view it as a learning opportunity, it will always provide an opportunity for growth, as Dweck explains in this quote.
3. “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
As Maxwell explains, emotional growth will always make you uncomfortable. If you find that you are comfortable, then you aren’t growing. Continue finding things that force you out of your comfort zone, and you will continue to grow.
4. “You’ll never be able to grow if you’re afraid to lose people during the process. Sometimes past relationships don’t belong in new seasons.” – Trent Shelton
Growth sometimes requires that you let go of some people in your life. Some relationships shouldn’t continue into the next part of your life. You outgrow people you once loved, and that is a natural part of life that you shouldn’t fear.
5. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you. They’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
Obstacles and setbacks shouldn’t cause you to freeze and give up. They should help you learn things about yourself as you keep trying and looking for a new plan.
6. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it, and eventually, the confidence will follow.” – Carrie Fisher
There is nothing wrong with fear, as long as you don’t allow it to hold you back. Don’t stop moving forward and trying new things, even if you aren’t entirely confident. Once you do it enough times, you will become comfortable with this lifestyle.
7. “Personal growth is not a matter of learning new information but unlearning old limits.” – Alan Cohen
Growth requires change, and that means letting go of limited ways of thinking. Unlearning old limits and replacing them with new ones is essential to personal development.
8. “Never be afraid to tread the path alone. Know which is your path and follow it wherever it may lead you; do not feel you have to follow in someone else’s footsteps.” – Eileen Caddy
Don’t follow others just because you don’t want to be alone. Follow your own path, and don’t worry about where other people are heading. When you go a different way, you are embracing personal growth.
9. “Life does not always give you what you want, but if you look closely you will see that it gives you what you need for your growth.” – Leon Brown
You will experience disappointment in life, but you will get something much better than what you wanted. Look for the signs of emotional growth as you accept change, and you will see that life gives you what you need instead.
10. “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.” – Kevin Ngo
Don’t get stuck living a life you don’t love because you didn’t focus on growth. Take the time to grow and develop so that you can live the life you have always dreamed of. Never stop improving who you are, and you will live a meaningful and fulfilled life.
11. “The tiny seed knew that in order to grow, it needed to be dropped in dirt, covered with darkness, and struggle to reach the light.” – Unknown
You will experience hardships and dark times during your life, but you can thrive and grow from them. For things to grow, they have to struggle and work their way toward the light.
12. “Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.” – Bruce Lee
For the best personal growth, gather your information from different sources. Take in the things that will work for you, release the things that don’t benefit you, and add anything you want. By following this advice, you will live a life that is unique and true to you.
13. “The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.” – Lao Tzu
Emotional growth requires connecting with your consciousness and become more aware. Try mindfulness meditation and breathing exercises to begin connecting on this level.
14. “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Viktor Frankl
You always have a choice, no matter what the situation is. Even when things happen quickly, you have time to make a split-second decision. If you respond wisely, you will grow and improve as a person.
Make a choice either way because even if it wasn’t the right one, you still learn from it. Learning opportunities are always a chance for growth. If you didn’t choose anything, you missed out on any opportunity, including the chance to learn.
15. “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen, again and again, fear must be overcome again and again.” – Abraham Maslow
While it might be easy to stay in your comfort zone, it isn’t beneficial for your growth. If you want to grow, you must move out of your comfort zone and into the unknown. When you can do that, you have begun your spiritual journey.
16. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
You can search forever and never find yourself, but creating yourself is entirely different. If you create yourself, though, you choose your inspiration and what guides you through life. You become responsible for your growth, and you take control of where your life is heading.
17. “Love yourself enough to create an environment in your life that is conducive to the nourishment of your personal growth. Allow yourself to let go of the people, thoughts, and situations that poison your well-being. Cultivate a vibrant surrounding and commit yourself to making choices that will help you release the greatest expression of your unique beauty and purpose.” – Steve Maraboli
With self-love, you will surround yourself with positivity and let go of anything that interferes with your emotional health. Create a life for yourself that allows you to be true to yourself and live joyfully as you work on your emotional growth.
18. “Real growth is when you start checking and correcting yourself.” – Unknown
You must admit your faults and fix your mistakes whenever you can. If you don’t own up to imperfection, you won’t learn from the experiences, which means you can’t grow. Accept the situation as a learning opportunity, and you can gain emotional insight.
19. “You must change certain thought processes, actions, and surround yourself with the right people that will encourage your growth, enlightenment, and state of awareness.” – Curt Hinson
Life is all about change, and that requires you to change, as well. Change the way you think, take action, and spend time around encouraging people. If you do these things, you will continue to grow emotionally.
20. “Growth can be painful, change can be painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” – Unknown
Emotional growth isn’t always easy, but it will be worth it once the situation is over. Plus, you will feel better once you are beginning to heal. The alternative option is to stay in the painful situation with no end in sight, hindering your emotional growth.
Emotional growth is essential to living a meaningful life. Don’t let anyone or anything hold you back on your growth process. As you develop, it will benefit all areas of your life.
Don’t miss out on opportunities for growth just because you are comfortable where you are right now. Continue striving to become a better version of yourself.