Negative energy can affect every part of your life, from your relationships to your career or wellbeing. The negativity can come from your environment, the people you’re around, or from your psyche. No matter where it comes from, finding a way to decrease negative energy is essential.
Negative energy tends to multiply the longer you let it fester. By decreasing it and focusing on positivity instead, you’ll improve your overall wellbeing. You’ll notice that all parts of your life improve once you start to eliminate negative energy.
Everyone experiences negativity sometimes, but you can’t let it rule your life. It will leave you feeling physically and mentally drained, and it will hold you back on all of your goals. The longer you let the negativity stay, the harder it will be to decrease it.
Decrease Negative Energy by Remembering These 20 Quotes
If you want to decrease negative energy and improve your positivity, these quotes can help you. They’ll guide you as you move forward, and they’re a reminder that everyone has to work to overcome. Find your favorite quotes and keep them somewhere you’ll see them often as a constant reminder to decrease negative energy.
Every second you spend in a state of negativity is a second wasted. Your life is too precious to spend it this way, so finding a way out is essential. As Dillon explains, making an effort to avoid places you don’t want to be can make all the difference.
2. “Negative energies can’t touch you if you are in a state of meditativeness.” – Jaggi Vasudev
If negativity seems to be overwhelming your mind, take a break from everything and spend time meditating. When you meditate, negative energy leaves your body, and positivity takes over. You’ll feel refreshed and ready to tackle anything ahead of you.
3. “Instead of hating, I have chosen to forgive and spend all of my positive energy on changing the world.” – Camryn Manheim
Hatred is a form of negativity that multiplies quickly and consumes your life. Don’t waste your energy hating someone when you could forgive them and focus on other things. Put all of your energy into making a positive difference in the world instead.
4. “The energy you bring, positive or negative, dictates your perceptions, receptions, and radiations.” – T.F. Hodge
Your energy determines your mindset and the way you react to things. Focus on positivity when addressing issues in your life, and you’ll notice that negativity drifts away.
5. “Just think of any negativity that comes at you as a raindrop falling into the ocean of your bliss.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
One drop of negativity won’t wreck your entire life or wellbeing unless you let it. Remember this quote the next time something bad happens and threatens your mindset. Stay positive and acknowledge all of the good things in your life.
6. “Believing in negative-thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.” – Charles F. Glassman
Don’t believe your negative thoughts because they aren’t true. Remember what Glassman says about believing those thoughts, as they can obstruct your road to success. Push the negativity away and replace the thoughts with positive, self-fulfilling thoughts instead.
7. “Negative thoughts stick around because we believe them, not because we want them or choose them.” – Andrew J. Bernstein
As this quote explains, negative thoughts stay because we believe in them. Quit putting faith in those comments, and remember that they aren’t true unless you make them true.
8. “Negativity is the enemy of creativity.” – David Lynch
It’s hard to be creative and come up with new ideas when you’re overwhelmed with negativity. Don’t let it consume your life and hold back your creative processes. Find ways to refocus your thoughts and return to a positive state so that your creativity can return.
9. “Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action.” – Steve Maraboli
The things you put into your mind and soul will reflect in your energy. Surround yourself with and take in positivity so you can decrease negative energy.
10. “Remember my friend to enjoy your planning as well as your accomplishment, for life is too short for negative energy.” – Bruce Lee
You can’t save all of your positivity for moments of accomplishment. Stay positive throughout the entire journey, even in the planning stages. Enjoying the planning will help you keep the negativity away.
Complaining will always breed negativity, so avoid doing it yourself, and avoid people who tend to complain. You can pick up the complaining trait from those you spend your time around, so limit your time with them.
12. “Gratitude turns negative energy into positive energy. There is no situation or circumstance so small or large that it is not susceptible to gratitude’s power.” – Melody Beattie
If you practice gratitude, you’ll surely decrease negative energy. Being thankful leads to positivity, and it makes all situations in life a little easier to handle. Anytime you feel negativity creeping in, remember this powerful quote.
13. “Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness.” – Eckhart Tolle
When faced with negativity, the choice is ultimately up to you. You can choose to walk away from the negative situation or accept it for what it is.
If you don’t leave or accept it, you fill yourself with negative energy instead. The choice is yours either way, and you are the only one that can make a decision.
14. “Creative words generate energy; Negative words drain out energy.” – Robert H. Schuller
Focus on the words that come out of your mouth each time you speak. If they are creative words that offer solutions and other possibilities, they’ll bring about positivity. If your words are negative, they’ll drain you of positivity, as Schuller explains.
15. “Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive, it will take their breath away.” – Unknown
As explained in this quote, negative people live for drama. If you stay positive when you’re around people like that, you’ll stun them and leave them speechless. Remember this quote and try it the next time you’re forced to spend time around a negative person.
16. “If you attach to the negative behavior of others, it brings you down to their level.” – Guru Singh
The behavior and energy of other people directly affect you. If you attach to their behavior, you’ll start exhibiting negative behavior, too. Don’t go down to their level when you could choose positivity instead.
17. “Take a walk outside – it will serve you far more than pacing around in your mind.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
When negativity seems to take over your mind, go for a walk. Walking outside will open your eyes to the beauty and positivity surrounding you. Plus, it’ll take your mind off of whatever is bothering you and causing the negativity.
18. “Always beware of the people you allow in your energy space. Some might contaminate your energy to a point of no return. Meditate, stay prayed up.” – Mitta Xinindlu
The people around you affect your inner energy, so pay attention to those you let in your life. Some people will affect you so much that it seems there is no returning to a different mindset. In those situations, remove that person from your life and try meditating to refocus your thoughts.
19. “If we give something positive to others, it will return to us. If we give negative, that negativity will be returned.” – Allu Arjun
The energy you put out into the world is the same energy that will come back to you. If you want to decrease negative energy, stop giving it to others. Instead, give positive energy to everyone around you so that you can receive the same in return.
20. “Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power.” – Shirley MacLaine
When you realize that you’re thinking or behaving negatively, make a change as soon as you can. As MacLaine explains, dwelling on the feeling will make it worse. Spend time quietly thinking about all of the positivity in your life to push away the detrimental energy and thoughts.
Everyone experiences negativity sometimes, but you must learn to push it away. Use these quotes to help you decrease negative energy and focus on all of the good things in your life. Find your favorite quotes and put them in places you’ll see them often.
The more often you remember these quotes, the more you’ll consciously return to positive thinking. If you let the negativity fester, it’ll only get worse until it seems that you can’t function anymore. Refocus your thoughts and refresh your mind as you work to overcome negative energy.