There aren’t many other feelings that compare to being broken hearted. It’s a feeling that is indescribable and different for each person. While it may be different for everyone, the emotion is something that everyone can relate to.
With that being the case, there have been many who have spoken on the topic. Those who have experienced a heartbreak know the struggle of returning to normal afterward. Luckily, they also know how to get through it and how you can try to feel better.
Many quotes for the broken hearted have come from those people speaking about the topic. Even if the quotes can’t help you feel better, they’ll at least allow the comfort of knowing you aren’t alone.
Quotes for the Broken Hearted
1. “As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything.” – Marilyn Monroe
Love oftentimes leads to heartbreak, unfortunately. You have to keep trying, though, because otherwise, you’ll never find your person.
Eventually, someone will come along who won’t break your heart. You just have to be patient and be willing to try again when the time is right.
2. “Pain has a crucial role in our lives because it acts as a learning lesson which makes us wiser and more adequate in dealing with life’s idiosyncrasies. When we engage with our suffering completely, we reach a place where pain transforms into acceptance and love.” – Unknown
Without heartache, you wouldn’t grow wiser as you get older. You have to experience it to truly be able to handle life’s unexpected changes.
Instead of pushing the pain away, accept it, and work through it. If you can do that, the bad feelings of heartache will fade. In their place, you’ll experience full acceptance of what happened and the ability to love again.
3. “When it comes to love and loss, acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, make them love us, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time.” – April Mae Monterrosa
It’s a hard part of life, losing someone you love. Unfortunately, you can’t force someone to feel something that they don’t feel.
Work on moving forward and stop wasting time on someone who isn’t meant to be in your life. Love yourself instead, and happiness will soon follow.
4. “The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.” – Margaret George
Sometimes self-care is all you need to start the moving on process. The hot bath will help you relax and detox while taking time for yourself. Then, the good night’s sleep will allow your mind and body to rest and be refreshed the next day.
5. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the stars.”
You’ll inevitably cry when you get a broken heart. The thing is, you have to stop crying eventually.
If you don’t, you won’t be able to see all of the good through your tears. You could also miss what the future might hold.
6. “Let’s hope that for every time that we get hurt or break our heart, there is something somewhere being written to make up for it, to make the happiness due even bigger and laughter even merrier, for after all good things must happen to good people.” – Mansi Soni
Things will get better, and you will be happy again. Think of all the opportunities and experiences that you will have in the future. Good things will happen again, and they’ll be better than you ever imagined.
7. “And anything that might hurt me would just make me stronger in the end.” – Elizabeth Eulberg
You’ll get through the pain of heartbreak, and you’ll be stronger because of it. Live in the moment and focus on feeling better each day. It’ll happen sooner than you think.
8. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.” – William Faulkner
While Faulkner views this as a sad moment, it should give you some hope. While the love didn’t last and you’re feeling sad now, you’ll soon forget the heartache.
9. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
When things don’t work out, it’s because there is something better in the future. As Hale said, this is a sign that you are worth more than you’ve been experiencing.
10. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” – C. JoyBell C.
Hate sticks with you. It’s a feeling that can be all-consuming, and one that doesn’t leave your mind. If you’re feeling that way about something or someone that has hurt you, it won’t get easier.
Instead, you have to let go of the hate. By doing so, you are allowing yourself to forget about what hurt you. Only then can you move on and get past the pain.
11. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse
When you have your heartbroken, it’s a learning opportunity. You’re learning more about what you want in a partner and more about yourself. With this, you’re growing into a person who can love more fully.
12. “There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream – whatever that dream might be.” – Pearl S. Buck
While most of these heartbreak quotes are about love, there are still many other causes. No matter what has caused your broken heart, the pain isn’t any easier. It will get better, though, and you’ll be happy again.
13. “When you are standing in a forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
It’s hard to see to the other side when you are engulfed in heartache. You may think that you can’t get through it and that you’ll never be happy again.
When others tell their heartbreak experiences, you may realize that you will feel like yourself again. If other people can do it, so can you.
14. “Someday you’re gonna look back on this moment of your life as such a sweet time of grieving. You’ll see that you were in mourning and your heart was broken, but your life was changing.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
You’ll look back on this sad time of your life with fondness. Once you’re at a good place in life, you’ll realize that you wouldn’t be there if you hadn’t had your heartbroken. While change may be hard, it’s always leading you somewhere better.
15. “To be rejected by someone doesn’t mean you should also reject yourself or that you should think of yourself as a lesser person. It doesn’t mean that nobody will ever love you anymore. Remember that only ONE person has rejected you at the moment, and it only hurt so much because to you, that person’s opinion symbolized the opinion of the whole world, of God.” – Jocelyn Soriano, in Mend My Broken Heart
Just because someone else didn’t want you doesn’t mean you aren’t worthy of love. It doesn’t mean that you are any less or need to change who you are. You’ll find true love and be happy again one day with someone who loves you for who you are.