Your self-esteem connects to many factors, one of them being your thoughts and feelings about the circumstances around you. We feel good about ourselves when we are successful at something, achieve our goals, or feel as if we have done something good for those around us. However, at the same time, the world attacks us with so many negative images. We may feel that we are never “enough” – not smart enough, not attractive enough, or not worthy enough. Sometimes we need uplifting quotes to help recognize our worth.
The following uplifting quotes remind us that we must first love ourselves to have a positive outlook on life. We tend to be more successful if we have a healthy self-esteem. When life tends to throw lemons at you, look to these inspirational quotes to remind yourself that you ARE enough and that you do have a particular purpose.
Why is it a good idea to have healthy self-esteem? How do uplifting quotes help?
Life is never easy, no matter what your circumstances are. Some wealthy people are very lonely, even though they have no financial worries. Then there are people with no money that are blessed with loving friends and family, and they find joy in this fact.
When we have healthy self-esteem, and we have a personal joy in our lives – regardless of how “good” or “bad” the experience might be – we are better equipped to cope with the tougher situations in life. Sometimes uplifting quotes help us to see how to handle these issues.
In short, having healthy self-esteem will help you to stop overthinking situations and possibly blaming yourself for any negative things that happen. We can recite uplifting quotes when we feel anxious about life.
Next, you will tend to stop utilizing others to validate your worth. You must know your worth; it cannot be assigned to you based on the opinions of others. Your own idea about yourself is most important. Use the following uplifting quotes to realize your self-worth.
Furthermore, the more self-esteem and love you have for yourself, the more likely you are to believe that you deserve good things in life. You’ll see an increase in your motivations, and you’ll see yourself start to accomplish more personal goals. Say one of these uplifting quotes to yourself daily to lift your spirits.
Finally, when your self-esteem is healthy, you’ll find yourself overall much happier than before. You’ll find joy in areas you didn’t think possible. You might even share some of these uplifting quotes with others you suspect are having difficulty in their lives.
20 Uplifting Quotes to Renew Your Self Esteem
Keep the following citations in mind when life throws a curveball your way! Reminding yourself that you are “enough” by reading and reciting these uplifting quotes is a great way to bolster that healthy self-love that will only add to your happiness.
1. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. (Buddha)
We often give our appreciation to our family, friends, and relationships. However, what do we give to ourselves? When we don’t have healthy self-esteem, we tend to seek our validation in others. While it is always nice to have a pat on the back for our accomplishments, we should learn to tell ourselves that we have done a great job. Focus on this uplifting quote as a reminder to love yourself.
We must first love ourselves to love others.
2. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. (M. Scott Peck)
Do you detest when somebody wastes your time? Put a stop to it. Ask yourself. What do I do with my own time? Am I vegging out in front of the television, or am I putting my spare time to good use?
When we truly value ourselves, we utilize our possessions for good. Only when we truly appreciate ourselves can we be of use to others. Sharing an uplifting quote such is this is an excellent reminder that we must love ourselves to give love to others.
3. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. (Mark Twain)
This is an uplifting quote from one of the great, outspoken individual who was often right in his assessments of others. While we don’t always associate him with uplifting quotes, Twain is correct – a man who does not hold himself in high regard will often find that he is quite uncomfortable with himself and with others.
Learning to love oneself often means accepting yourself for who you are – physically and emotionally, even mentally! We all have shortcomings, but we can learn to celebrate them as unique trademarks of ourselves. These uplifting quotes remind us that our imperfections are actually what make us who we are.
4. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself. (Harvey Fierstein)
Again, celebrate the things that set you apart as something that makes you individual. Never let others define who you are. Are you a Star Wars “nerd”? Perhaps you are a health food “nut”? Those words are meant to categorize you as something odd, but take pride in the things you enjoy! Never, ever let anyone make you feel “less” because of your interests!
5. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world (Lucille Ball).
No one gives us an uplifting quote better than America’s favorite redhead! When you love yourself, everything else will take care of itself.
Sometimes, we have to put ourselves first. We have to learn how to press forward for the things we want. We keep trying because we love ourselves.
6. Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Individualism is a great thing! There is no one person on this earth exactly like you or me! That’s a wonderful thing! Only you can bring certain ideas to the company meeting. Only you can sing as well as you do. And only you can encourage the people around you in your special way! No matter what you do in life, no one else can perform that task the way you can. Be proud of who you are – you are an original.
7. If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person. (Fred Rogers)
You might feel small–or even insignificant. But with this uplifting quote, you can rest assured that your presence makes an impact on others. Indeed, you might be more valuable to someone than you can imagine.
8. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on. (Maxwell Maltz)
Have you ever tried to drive with the emergency brake on? You just drift along! Life is not meant for us to simply drift through! We are meant to just meander through life! We are meant to enjoy a rich and full life.
9. When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. (Jean Shinoda Boler)
Part of self-love is making time for things we enjoy, such as reading, playing sports, or listening to music. We need to give our minds a break from work and worry sometimes; a hobby is a great way to do just that.
10. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Ralph Waldo Emerson, a man with a great mind, gives us this uplifting quote. We hold high power – the power to love ourselves and to draw happiness from a positive self-assessment.
11. When you adopt the viewpoint that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self-judgment, that any criticism you level is self-criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world. (Harry Palmer)
Whew! That’s a mouthful, but this uplifting quote is worthy of inclusion. Let’s break this one down. Own your thoughts, and be confident in them. Don’t judge yourself too harshly. And don’t be overly critical of yourself. Overthinking is detrimental to your mental well-being. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes–just as you would find forgiveness for others.
12. Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others. (Parker Palmer)
When you think of yourself and your unique skill set as a gift to those with whom you are in contact every day, you realize that your talents are a gift to those around you. It is a gift only you can provide.
13. Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?
We should never allow others’ opinions of us to determine our worth. We should do that ourselves.
14. To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness. (Robert Morley)
Before you can give or receive the love of others, you must believe you are worthy of entering into a loving relationship. But how? By loving yourself, first and foremost.
15. Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions. Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it. (Tina Fey)
When you love yourself, you can do what you feel is best for yourself. The opinions of other people are irrelevant, as long as you cause harm to nobody else.
16. Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. (Brene Brown)
Have you made mistakes in life? Do you struggle with guilt or shame? Shed the self-loathing or embarrassment. Your errors are human. Moreover, they serve as part of your unique story. Own them, and you can carry them as a badge of honor.
17. So then, the relationship of self to others is the complete realization that loving yourself is impossible without loving everything defined as other than yourself. (Alan Watts)
To feel a rise in your self-esteem, you must also love yourself wholly. Furthermore, you must open your heart up to others. Life’s most exceptional experience is in giving and receiving affection.
18. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. (Shannon Adler)
Live the life you dreamed of! Write your own story. Don’t feel obligated to follow a path that someone else sets out for you. That will lead to regret in the long run. Be confident, bold, and assured and become stronger with every goal you reach.
19. Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you. (Rob Liano)
Use your God-given skills to achieve all that you hope to accomplish on this earth. This uplifting quote is a valuable reminder that each of us possesses unique talents. Nobody can take those away from us. Thus, it would be a shame to turn your back because you fear the outcome.
20. To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives. (Denis Waitley)
Failure is part of life. Bounce back from every misstep with your head held high. You’ll grow by learning from the experience and boost your self-confidence.