When a woman believes in herself, she is capable of making great changes in the world. As modern women, we know our own worth and we know what we can offer the world. These quotes strong women will inspire you to look at your own life and find areas where you can improve yourself. From such different personalities as Susan B. Anthony and Princess Diana, these strong women quotes will show you how women have made their mark throughout history.
These strong women quotes will help you decide what is important in life and how to go after your dreams. When you take these strong women quotes to heart, you will be empowered to make powerful choices for yourself and for your family.
17 Strong Women Quotes
1. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” – Margaret Thatcher
2. “Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers. You can fill your life up with ideas and still go home lonely. All you really have that really matters are feelings. That’s what music is to me.” – Janis Joplin
3. “Whatever you do, be different – that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out.” – Anita Roddick
4. The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” – Susan B. Anthony
5. “Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, “She doesn’t have what it takes.” They will say, “Women don’t have what it takes.” – Clare Boothe Luce
6. People think at the end of the day that a man is the only answer [to fulfillment]. Actually a job is better for me.” – Princess Diana
7. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
8. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
9. “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
10. “Am I good enough? Yes, I am.” –Michelle Obama
11. “One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.” – Simone de Beauvoir
12. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
13. “A strong woman is one who feels deeply and loves fiercely. Her tears flow as abundantly as her laughter. A strong woman is both soft and powerful, she is both practical and spiritual. A strong woman in her essence is a gift to the world.” — Native American Saying
14. “And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire, and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
15. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved, women who live bravely, both tender and fierce, women of indomitable will.” –Amy Tenney
17. “There’s fire in her. If loved correctly she will warm your entire home. If abused she will burn it down.” –Anonymous
Final Thoughts on These Strong Women Quotes
The quotes strong women in this article were selected to help you become the best person you can be. These strong women quotes will help you shine a light in the darkness of ignorance and fear. They will motivate you to keep your principles clear.
These strong women quotes will also help you build your self-esteem. We can make the world better when we truly believe in ourselves. With these quotes for strong women, we can be an example to our children and ensure they have the strength to succeed in the world.