21 Actions That Show Your Partner Isn’t Interested Anymore

21 Actions That Show Your Partner Isn’t Interested Anymore

partnerRelationships
positivity

ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m not interested in trying to work on people’s perceptions. I am who I am, and if you don’t take the time to learn about that, then your perception is going to be your problem.” – Jim Brown, Former NFL Football Player

As we are all well-aware, a relationship is a two-way street; there has to be a mutual and foundational understanding for the entire thing to work out. If this foundational mutuality does not exist, the relationship will likely deteriorate to a point where it is beyond repair.

Perhaps the most difficult scenario is when one person in the relationship is unable to make things work despite all their best efforts. Understandably, this person will often safeguard their emotions by unconsciously enabling denial. “Ah, it’s only temporary” or “He/She will come around.” This is not always the case, however, which is the point of this article.

ADVERTISEMENT

We’ll discuss a number of signs – 21 to be exact – that may indicate that your partner isn’t interested anymore.

21 Signs Your Partner Isn’t Interested Anymore

Here they are, in no particular order.

1. They are always “too busy”

Two people in a healthy relationship always make time for each other, almost without exception. This is evident during conversation; when they will quickly disengage and fire some random, unmerited excuse about having to do “something important.”

14457266_10153828530432371_8492424073668726177_n

2. They’re around more when they want something

Many humans are inherently selfish creatures, but a disinterested partner becomes a bit more selfish than most. They have no problem ignoring you 90 percent of the time, but that remaining 10 percent is when they “really need” something. Anger ensues.

ADVERTISEMENT

3. They’re non-communicative

Communication that is non-existent or highly-sporadic is a clear sign of disinterest. After all, who doesn’t want communication with a person they care about?

4. They always talk about themselves…

When there is communication, the topic of discussion always seems to focus on them. This is perhaps most evident when they are on a tirade of something burdensome, like work.

5. …while taking little interest in your life

“How was your day?” is a phrase no longer incorporated by the disinterested one. Instead, they remember they’re disinterested and either shut down or redirect the conversation back to numero uno.

6. They’re very controlling

This is borderline abuse, plain and simple. See, they’re not actually interested in you, but they are interested in controlling you. It’s despicable behavior that should signal the victim to run the other way.

7. They’re incessantly blameful

Continuously blaming someone else, without merit, is most often an intentional act to push someone away. It’s cowardly and, again, borderline abusive.

8. They’re frequently disrespectful

Ugh…yeah… someone that isn’t interested anymore can get downright nasty in their mannerisms and other behaviors. Again, this is their character flaw, not yours.

ADVERTISEMENT

9. They seem to change you…for the worse

It’s not uncommon for someone on the receiving end of a disinterested person’s mischiefs to feel changed. As a result, you may find that you smile less, are more lethargic, and so on. A very unfortunate realization, indeed.

10. They disregard your value

This one truly is troubling. A person that is (1) lacking basic decency, and (2) categorically disinterested will have no trouble in devaluing someone else; even someone they used to “care” about.

11. They don’t bother including you

Oh, you used to hang out with each other’s friends? Not anymore. They got a promotion and didn’t tell you? Shouldn’t be a surprise…they’re already disengaged.

12. They’re heavy on the excuses

Similar to empty apologies, excuses are thrown around when we lack any motivation in abstaining from such behavior. A person that’s interested doesn’t issue meaningless excuses.

13. They seem less concerned about your welfare

When we truly care for someone else, we make it a priority to concern ourselves with their welfare. Heck, even a stranger can sympathize or empathize with someone else. This is disrespect to the highest degree.

14. They begin ignoring your inner circle

This doesn’t always take place, but ignoring/disrespecting/avoiding your inner circle is an intentional act. It’s effective at provoking anger.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
ThankThank you! Your free book preview is in your email. If you don’t see it immediately, please check your spam or promotions folder.