If you are like me, sometimes you just want to skip the gym, sit at home, and eat a slice of chicken or pizza because workouts can be very demanding and tiresome. In addition, sticking to a strict diet and training routine can be hard, especially if you don’t have a gym partner.
However, that doesn’t mean that you should give up on your dream of becoming fit and healthy. Sometimes what you need is a little motivation to get you going. A few motivational words and phrases can make you work extra hard and stick to your training routine.
Below are 10 quotes to give you workout motivation:
1. We are What We Repeatedly Do. Excellence then is Not An Act but A Habit. – Aristotle.
Perhaps one of the best workout motivation quotes, this quote speaks volumes . To put it simply, you cannot get the results that you want unless you get used to working out. For example, if you exercise your abs on Wednesdays, you have to be at the gym every Wednesday to get the best results.
2. You Miss 100% of the Shots That You Don’t Take. – Wayne Gretzky.
Sometimes you have to feel guilty to make the right decisions. This workout motivation quote encourages you to act instead of procrastinating. For example, if you have heard that press-ups are a great way to build the chest you want, you have to try it to find out if its true.
3. If You Want Something You’ve Never Had, You Must Be Willing to Do Something You’ve Never Done. – Thomas Jefferson.
So you want better lats, but you have never tried pull-ups. It won’t happen. You should be ready to do at least 10 pull-ups everyday if you want to get ‘perfect’ lats. This quote prepares you for the unknown and lets you know that not everything you do will be familiar.
4. Nothing Will Work Unless You Do. – Maya Angelou.
Let’s say that you want to lose 10 pounds in three months – it won’t happen if you just sit around and avoid eating. You have to create a strict exercise routine and follow through with it; for example, if it’s running, make sure that you jog every morning or evening – depending on your schedule.
5. Strength Doesn’t Come From Physical Capacity. It Comes From An Indomitable Will. – Mahatma Gandhi.
Unless you have an internal desire or drive to get the results, you will never be motivated to go to the gym. Therefore, before you start something, make sure that is what you want.
6. Don’t Count the Days, Make the Days Count. – Muhammad Ali.
If you start counting the days, you will never be focused on the actual training. You will just be waiting until the end of the month to pay your gym subscription fees. Instead, just focus on one day at a time. Make sure that you do everything you are supposed to do today, and think about tomorrow the following day.
7. Do What You Have to Do Until You Can Do What You Want to Do. – Oprah Winfrey.
If you want to win an Olympic gold medal for sprinting, you can’t do it if you are overweight. You have to go the gym and lose the extra pounds. Sure, it will be painful, but it will be worth it in the end.
8. It Doesn’t Matter How Many Mistakes You Make or How Slow You Progress, You Are Still Ahead of Everyone Who Isn’t Trying. – Tony Robbins.
Don’t go to the gym after one day and expect to be as ripped as Arnold Schwarzenegger was in his prime. It might take you months or weeks to notice any visible change, so be patient and stick to your training routine. Remember that as long as you are doing something, you will eventually get results.
9. The Difference Between the Possible and the Impossible Lies in the Person’s Determination. – Tommy Lasorda.
This workout motivation quote is meant to remind you that impossible is only a word. It doesn’t matter how you look right now if you are ready to hit the gym to get the body that you want.
10. To Give Anything Less Than Your Best is To Sacrifice the Gift. – Steve Prefontaine.
Consider your workout goal as a gift and strive to get that gift. This workout motivation quote encourages you to give it your all. Never compromise to get what you want.
I hope that these workout motivation quotes have given you the energy to go out there and do your thing. Just remember that the best motivation comes from within.
(C)Power of Positivity, LLC. All rights reserved