Recognizing the fake people in your life may seem hard, but these revealing quotes on fake people will help. Unfortunately, there are fake people around you nearly every day of your life. It is important to identify these people to look out for yourself and know who to trust.
Many people will call themselves your friend, but some of them may be fake. The quotes on fake people discussed below will make that fact clear to you, as unfortunate as it is.
Luckily, once you have learned to identify fake people, your life will become easier. You will know who to watch out for, and you will be able to weed out the fake people.
Revealing Quotes on Fake People
1. “Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean you are your friends. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.” – Unknown
Many people will say they are your friend or pretend to be your friend. They will spend time and laugh with you and act like they are interested in your life. This doesn’t mean they are truly your friend, however.
When things aren’t going well, pay attention to who is still around. You will notice that some of the people who pretend to be your friend aren’t there when you need them. These are the fake people in your life.
2. “Fake people hate honesty. It’s the lies that keep them feeling good about themselves and their lives. So, share your true feelings about their actions and watch how they fade away.” – Unknown
As this quote explains, fake people do not like honesty, and they lie often. Their lies make them feel better, and they don’t like it when people call them out.
If you want to identify the fake people in your life, share the truth. Tell them how you feel about their behavior. When you do this, the fake people will disappear, and the real people will stick around.
3. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
Everyone will pretend to be your friend when things are going well, and when you have something to offer. However, once that is gone, and you need some support, the fake ones won’t be there anymore. Watch for those who are there when you are in trouble and pay attention to who isn’t.
4. “Before you count your friends, make sure you can count on them. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.” – Rashida Rowe
Don’t consider anyone your friend unless they have proven it, as Rowe explains. As many of these quotes on fake people explain, you will have many people around when you can offer something.
Only count the friends who are there when you have nothing to offer and when you are in need. Those are the ones you can count when you list your true friends, not the ones who don’t show up.
5. “It is only the great-hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly can never know what true friendship means.” – Charles Kingsley
If you notice someone in your circle tends to be mean to others, behaving like a coward, keep an eye on them. These types of people cannot be real friends, and they tend to be fake. Don’t let your guard down, and be careful with the information you share with them.
6. “Always be careful of your friend who loves your enemy; you either trust such a fellow for your life or for your death!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
Your real friends won’t support your enemy, and they surely won’t love them, as Yeboah says. If you have a friend who adores your enemy, they are fake even when they know the situation.
They may take anything you tell them or anything you do and use it against you. Even if that weren’t their intention, to begin with, it would likely come up with your enemy.
7. “Fake friends will believe the gossip about you, but real friends know better and stand up for you.” – Unknown
When rumors are spread, those who don’t believe them and who stand up for you are your true friends. On the other hand, the ones who believe the rumors are fake friends. If they were real, they would have shut the rumors down and never considered their validity.
8. “I prefer to surround myself with people who reveal their imperfection, rather than people who fake their perfection.” – Charles Glassman
People who pretend to be perfect are fake, which is obvious since no one is perfect. They aren’t showing their true character but are instead covering things up to portray perfection. Those who own their flaws and don’t pretend they don’t exist are the real people in your life.
9. “A true friend cares about what’s going on in your life. A fake friend will make their problems sound bigger. Be a true friend.” – Unknown
When you tell a friend about something going on in your life, they won’t downplay it. On the other hand, Fake people will not only downplay it but will make it sound like their problems are worse. They won’t allow you to vent or confide in them without making the conversation about themselves.
10. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.” – Richard Burton
Fake friends will try to bring you down, no matter how they have to do it. If you sense that someone in your life isn’t building you up or making you feel good, they are likely fake. A real friend will support you, help you, and make life positively exciting when you are with them.
11. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them, but they are always there.” – Habeeb Akande
When things are good, many people will be surrounding you. They will be there for the excitement and the fun but disappear when you need them the most. This is the biggest way to see how you will know the difference between fake people and real friends.
12. “I’d rather hang out with real people, and real people don’t have to boast.” – Charles Glassman
As Glassman explains, people who boast aren’t real. Real people don’t boast because they don’t feel the need to make themselves look good. So, if you spend time with people who boast, keep in mind that they may not always be truthful.
13. “True friends will always find a way to help you. Fake friends will always find an excuse.” – Unknown
In a time of need, your real friends will do whatever they can to come and help. On the other hand, fake people will give you an excuse about why they can’t help. You can always recognize the fake people in your life when you need someone to help you.
14. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
When you are working your way up in life, friends will not get in the way. They will help you, support you, and encourage you always to do better. A fake person, on the other hand, will try to stop you from doing positive things.
A fake person may do this by literally interfering with what you are working on. Or, they may do this by encouraging you to give up or to do something different instead. Watch out for these types of people because they will always make it seem like they have your best interest in mind.
15. “Fake people are only nice when it’s convenient for them, or they usually have a hidden agenda. Genuinely nice people go out of their way to help others, and they have an honest heart. Stick with the ones who never let you down and keep their promises. You can’t fake that.” – Unknown
When fake people want something, they will behave in a way that will likely get them what they want. They normally always have a selfish reason for being nice. Plus, they usually never help others unless it will benefit them, as well.
Fake people are everywhere, and many of them will try to disguise themselves as your friend. With the wisdom found in these quotes on fake people, however, they will be revealed.
Keep these quotes in mind as you assess the people in your life. Remember to be careful around those who are fake or tend to have some of the qualities mentioned in these quotes on fake people.