Dogs are special animals, and they make one of the best pets, as these quotes on dogs will explain. They will give you love and loyalty, and they will make your life brighter.
You can always count on your dog, and sharing secrets won’t be an issue. Since your pet can’t speak, anything you say or do in front of them will remain between the two of you. You can’t ask for a better friend than that in life.
If you have a dog, you already know how special they are. They are excited every time they see you, and they will always leave you feeling loved and appreciated. Plus, they can brighten your day no matter what is going on.
When the stress of your daily life seems to be overwhelming, take a step back, and change your thoughts. Try thinking of your pet or your favorite dog, instead. Then, remember these quotes on dogs so that you can have some joy in your day.
Quotes on Dogs
1. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton
When humans make mistakes, other humans tend to have a hard time forgiving them. A dog, on the other hand, has no issues with forgiveness.
Dogs will love you no matter what you do, and they will never hold anything against you. If humans could be this way, there would be much less hate in the world, as Clinton explains.
2. “I like dogs. You always know what a dog is thinking. It has four moods. Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating. Also, dogs are faithful, and they do not tell lies because they cannot talk.” – Mark Haddon
Dogs have less variety in their emotions than people do. It is easier to figure out their mood because of this. Plus, you can always trust your dog with your secrets since they can’t tell anyone what you say.
3. “It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” – John Grogan
Dogs make everyone around them happier and open hearts to love. They can bring a smile to most people’s faces, and they can draw people together, too. People gravitate toward dogs because of the joy they bring, causing humans to gravitate toward one another.
4. “When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” – Anthony Douglas Williams
5. “The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” – Samuel Butler
No matter what you do in front of your dog, it won’t nag you or laugh at you. He will think your behavior is fine and will, in turn, behave foolishly, as well. This is why having a dog around is often better than having another human around.
6. “After years of having a dog, you know him. You know the meaning of his snuffs and grunts and barks. Every twitch of the ears is a question or statement, every wag of the tail is an exclamation.” – Robert McCammon
Pet owners learn to understand and know their dogs well. The sounds and behaviors will become an unspoken communication between you and your pet. Before you know it, you will know just what your pet wants or needs as soon as they try to communicate it.
7. “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as much as the dog does.” – Christopher Morley
Dogs are great listeners. They love to hear your voice, and they also love the attention they get when you are talking to them.
No matter what you are saying, your dog will appreciate the conversation and listen intently. Even better, you won’t have to worry about being judged as you speak openly and honestly. Plus, your secrets are safe with your dog, and you’ll never have to worry about them telling.
8. You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.” – Jill Abramson
When you are having a bad day, you likely already know that a moment with your dog will cheer you up. No other coping mechanism seems to work as quickly as time spent with your pet. So, the next time you could use a boost, make sure to head home for some cuddle time with your dog.
9. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.” – Louis Sabin
Dogs don’t care what you own or how much money you have. All that they care about is being loved and having a human to spend their time with. Remember this, and you will always feel like you have everything you need or want because you have your dog.
10. “Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.” – Emily Dickinson
Your dog sees most of the things you do and hears everything you say. Even still, they do not tell anyone what they have seen or heard because they can’t speak. This is why many pet owners feel it is better to spend time with dogs instead of people.
11. “Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation, and almost as good for the soul as prayer.” – Dean Koontz
Feeling the fur of your pet is therapeutic and will help you think more clearly. It will ease your mind and calm your heart, no matter what the problem is. Spending time cuddled up with your pet is the perfect way to take care of yourself.
12. “For me, a house or an apartment becomes a home when you add one set of four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love that we call a dog.” – Roger Caras
A pet dog adds a special touch to your home. They make it feel cozy, and they will make it seem full of life and love.
13. “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith, and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
Dogs are truly loyal to their owners and to those that care for them and love them. They idolize their humans and show faith, trust, and love to them always. Even so, they don’t demand much in return.
As Caras explains, this is an amazing deal that humans have made. They receive so much unconditional love and loyalty from their pet and only have to give scraps in return.
14. “A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart, and he will give you his.” – John Grogan
As stated in one of the other quotes on dogs, pets don’t care what you have. They don’t care if you have an advanced education or barely any education at all. As love as you give them love, a dog will love you and be loyal to you.
15. “Fall in love with a dog, and in many ways; you enter a new orbit, a universe that features not just new colors but new rituals, new rules, a new way of experiencing attachment.” – Caroline Knapp
A dog will completely change your world. They will open your eyes to a new lifestyle, and you’ll develop new habits and routines that revolve around them. Plus, you will become attached to your pet in a way you never knew was possible.
As these quotes on dogs explain, you can receive so much joy from having one around. If you already have a dog, then you already know this. These quotes on dogs will be a nice reminder of how lucky you are, even if you already know.
If you don’t have a dog, these quotes on dogs may convince you to run out and get one. They will be your best friend and your most loyal companion. You will be able to trust them and count on them in all phases of life.
Whether you have a dog or not, however, these quotes on dogs can bring you joy. Remember them when you need a boost of happiness in your life, and make sure to share them with others.