Everyone needs some encouragement from time to time, and these quotes of encouragement are perfect for that. If you feel like you need some positive encouragement in your life, these quotes of encouragement will help you find it. No matter why you need to be encouraged, these quotes will give you just what you need.
When life gets hard, you must remember to keep pushing on. You can’t stop just because things aren’t easy or aren’t going as planned. You can reach all of your goals, and you have to have the determination to keep pushing forward.
Picture all the things you want in life and what you want your life to look like. Use that image as your ultimate encouragement and motivation to keep going in life. Don’t disappoint yourself or let yourself down by stopping now.
Fifteen Quotes of Encouragement
While that sounds easy enough, you still may need some help to get there. These quotes of encouragement come from people who have been where you are now. Since they can relate to the way you’re feeling, you’ll find comfort and motivation in their quotes of encouragement.
Everyone lives their life differently, and everyone takes different amounts of time to get things done. Don’t let this hinder your ability to reach your dreams. If you are going slower than others, keep going at your pace and never give up.
2. “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” – Roy T. Bennett
Always remember what Bennett tells you in this quote of encouragement. You are brave, talented, and you can do anything you set your mind to. If you can believe in yourself, you can do anything.
3. “Character cannot be developed in ease, and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
You must overcome obstacles and hardships to develop your character. When things are calm and easy, you won’t be able to grow or develop at all. Embrace the challenges because this is when you become stronger, more ambitious, and successful.
4. “There are moments when troubles enter our lives, and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho
Life is unexpected, and there will always be unavoidable challenges. Each challenge happens for a reason, though, and you may not know the reason right away. Whether it is a learning opportunity or something more, always remember that hardships happen for a reason.
5. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” – Oprah Winfrey
Your past doesn’t matter when it comes to your future. You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and as long as you have faith in yourself, you will get there.
6. “We define ourselves far too often by our past failures. That’s not you. You are this person right now. You’re the person who has learned from those failures.” – Joe Rogan
As explained before, your past doesn’t define who you are now or who you will be in the future. You have learned from your past mistakes, which means you have grown out of the person you were then. Don’t let your past hold you back because each day is a chance to start fresh.
7. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
Don’t give up when things get hard. Keep working toward what you truly want in life and draw inspiration from wherever you can. As long as you love what you do and stay inspired, you will achieve your goals.
8. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
When things get tough, it is truly your time to shine. Airplanes take off with the wind against them, and you can take off with everything going against you. Remember this the next time it seems like everything is against you, and keep pushing forward.
9. “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.” – Maya Angelou
Don’t decide what to do based on what others want to see or hear. Only do what you love and what makes you feel fulfilled, and only do it for yourself, never anyone else. It is great if others enjoy what you do, but the only important thing is that you enjoy what you do.
10. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
If you give up when things get tough, you will never know how close you were to success. As Carnegie explains, important things happen when those who accomplished them felt hopeless. However, these people didn’t give up, and if you don’t give up, you will succeed, too.
11. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
Contrary to popular belief, timing is not everything. The time will never be right to do big things. You have to get started and use what you already have available.
Waiting around for the right time could mean waiting forever or missing opportunities. If you get started right now, however, you will be ready when an opportunity presents itself.
12. “There is nothing to fear because you cannot fail… only learn, grow and become better than you’ve ever been before.” – Hal Elrod
If you can convince yourself that you can’t fail, you will be confident enough to do anything. Instead of thinking of it as failing, think of it as a learning opportunity and time for growth. With each obstacle, challenge, and the new plan comes learning, not a failure.
13. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – Bob Goff
There will always be uncertain times in your life, but you must embrace them. It is during the uncertain times that you will discover new things and new opportunities. Remember that the most memorable and life-changing moments in your life were not pre-planned.
You can figure out the details later but, for now, keep moving even if you are uncertain. You have to figure things out and write your story as you go along, and the title can come later.
14. “You don’t need to be better than anyone else; you just need to be better than you used to be.” – Wayne Dyer
Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Only compare yourself to what you were like before. Work to beat your records or to achieve new things that you haven’t done before. Or, set goals for yourself that you haven’t achieved yet and focus on hitting those.
Comparing yourself to others will only cause you to become discouraged. Remember that your path and your life are much different than anyone else’s. You can’t compare yourself and your life to something so much different.
15. “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
If things don’t work out the way you wanted them to, don’t get too discouraged. Things happen for a reason in life, so tell yourself that things worked out the way they were supposed to.
You’ll never know what would have happened if things had been different. Instead of wondering, count it as a stroke of luck because it got you to where you are today.