The world can be a dark and scary place at times. It can make us sad and even question ourselves. However, a good mindset can make even the worst parts of life more tolerable. A positive mindset will also help us accomplish our goals in life, even when they seem unattainable. Here are 15 quotes for inspiring positive thinking that can help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
15 Quotes for Boosting Your Positive Thoughts
1. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” ~ Stephen King
You need to have a positive attitude to accomplish things in life. Many people never even start due to insecurity or a negative mindset. To get things done, you need to first believe that you can do whatever you set out to do. After that, the next steps are easy.
2. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” ~ Maya Angelou
We cannot eliminate negative people and negative thoughts from our universe completely. However, we can choose how to react to it. Some people decide to let the negativity affect them. Other people choose to remain positive. While remaining positive, they may even make the other person a little happier with their own internal sunshine.
3. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” ~ Mary Lou Retton
These quotes for inspiring ourselves and others regularly remind us exactly what the power of positivity can do for our lives. When you have a positive attitude, you are encouraging good things to happen in your life. Good things are drawn to a positive mindset. You will also see the world differently. When bad things will happen, positive thinking will help you look at the silver lining and turn the bad into good.
4. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
We live on a beautiful planet as long as we look at it through the right lens. Take advantage of how scenic the mountains and the oceans are. Marvel at the different colors in a rose garden. Look to nature to experience all of the different animals we are lucky enough to share the planet with. This attitude will make us look at every day as though it was a blessing. In this way, we will be able to transcend earthly limitations and join the stars.
5. “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” ~ Richard M. Nixon
Many people only get down on their knees and pray when they are going through a hard time. It’s important to pray when things are good as well. It’s important to be grateful for your blessings instead of dwelling on the bad. When something bad does happen, you need to pull yourself together no matter how difficult it may be. Learning how to handle the bad things that happen will make the good that much better.
6. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” ~ Milton Berle
There is a common saying that we should open the door when opportunity knocks. However, that’s taking a really passive attitude toward the situation. Why should we wait for a chance to come to us? If there is something we want, we need to go for it and create our own opportunity. When we are proactive, things will happen quickly.
7. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.” ~ Mark Twain
We need to surround ourselves with supportive people who encourage us and our dreams. There will be toxic people out there who tell you that you are a fool for going after your goals. These people are just negative and probably sad about the direction their own life went. Surround yourself with happy people who, like quotes for inspiring positivity, will encourage you to be your best and aim high.
8. “The most successful people in life are the ones who ask questions. They’re always learning. They’re always growing. They’re always pushing.” ~ Robert T. Kiyosaki
You should never become complacent. You can always learn more, accomplish more, and help more. It doesn’t matter how old you are, you should continue to be the best person you can be. Every day, you should strive to do something to make yourself and the world a little better.
9. “Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you never know who would love the person you hide.” ~ C.S. Lewis
Many of us aren’t comfortable being ourselves in front of others. However, it’s important to be our true self. When we are true to ourselves, people will learn who we really are- not the persona we use in public. This will increase the likelihood that we develop true relationships. We will also feel more comfortable in our skin. If some people don’t like it, they weren’t meant to be in our lives.
10. “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” ~ Bob Marley
There will be moments in life that test us. While it may seem difficult at the time, these moments are actually how we learn just how strong we are. To get through these moments, we need to overcome negativity and focus on the problem at hand. The negative thoughts will only distract us.
11. “Change is a part of life. Sometimes it’s positive, and other times less so. But regardless of what form it comes in, you have a choice: you can either ride the wave of change, or let it crash upon you as you struggle to remain afloat.” ~ Tony Robbins
Change is a part of life. We may change jobs or move or change relationships. It’s up to us whether we embrace it or not. While change is scary, it could be something great. Look at change as an opportunity to make your life even better instead of wallowing in fear.