Papaya is more than just a delicious, healthy treat. It can be used as a beauty and skin care ingredient as well. Unknown to many people, it offers many benefits to your skin.
If you want healthy skin that is free of wrinkles without using harsh chemicals, this fruit is the perfect option. Papaya is a completely safe and all-natural option that can be applied directly to your skin, or mixed with other ingredients before application.
While you can buy skin care products that contain papaya, it is so easy to make your own face mask. Depending on what properties you want your face mask to have, you can use the fruit combined with different ingredients. To make the process of choosing which mask to make a little easier, here is a list of 10 masks that contain papaya benefits.
10 Amazing Papaya Masks For Glowing Skin
1. Honey, Milk, and Papaya Face Mask
If you are looking for a face mask that will bring softness and moisture to your face, this is the way to go. The fruit and honey both contain hydrating properties, while milk contains lactic acid which brightens your skin, reduces the appearance of acne, and evens out your skin tone.
- Cut the fruit in in half.
- Scoop out the insides, and then place the fruit into a blender.
- Puree the fruit.
- Place in a mixing bowl and add 2 teaspoons of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix the ingredients together and then apply it to your face and neck..
- Wash your face to remove dirt, oil, and makeup, and to open your pores.
- Apply it to your face, neck, and any other part of your body that you desire.
- Let the mixture dry and then leave it on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to remove the mask, and then pat your skin dry.
2. Turmeric and Fruit Mask
Turmeric has antimicrobial properties that encourage healthy skin that is wrinkle free. Combined with the fruit, it can work miracles on your skin.
- Put 1/2 cup of the fruit into a mixing bowl and mash it.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix the two ingredients together.
- Wash your face and any other skin that you want to apply the mask to.
- Put a thin layer of the fruit and turmeric mixture on your skin.
- Allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with warm water.
- Rinse your skin with cold water to close the pores, and then pat your skin dry.
3. Cucumber and Fruit Face Mask
This mask uses cucumbers, bananas, and papayas to soothe irritated or inflamed skin. It can help with sunburn or dry skin.
- Cut 1/2 of a cucumber into slices, but do not peel them.
- Place the cucumber slices into a blender.
- Put 1/4 cup of each fruit into the blender.
- Blend together until a smooth paste is created.
- Wash your skin with warm water before applying the mask.
- Apply the mixture and then let it dry for about 15 minutes.
- Using warm water, wash the mask off. You may have to gently scrub some off with a washcloth.
- Then, using cold water, rinse your face to close the pores.
4. Skin Mask With Egg Whites, Honey, and Papayas
- Place half a cup of the fruit into a mixing bowl and mash it up.
- Separately, place an egg white into a bowl and whip it.
- Add the egg to the fruit puree.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the fruit and egg mixture.
- Mix the ingredients together well.
- Use warm water to wash any areas of your skin that you want to apply the mask to.
- Apply the mask and let it sit on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash the mask off and, if you have to scrub, use a soft washcloth to rub gently in outward motions.
- After washing all of the mask off, splash your skin with cool water to close your pores.
5. Cream, Clay, and Fruit Face Mask
This mask made of cream, white clay, and papayas can naturally exfoliate your skin while also tightening, stimulating circulation, and making your skin smooth.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the fruit and put it into a blender.
- Put 1/4 cup of some kind of cream (half and half, heavy cream, etc.)
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of white clay until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Apply the mask to the desired skin areas and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with warm water, then rinse your skin with cold water to close the pores.
6. Fruit and Yogurt Face Mask
This mixture helps reverse the signs of aging by removing your wrinkles. It is very simple, as well.
- Mash the fruit.
- Mix the mashed fruit with yogurt.
- Wash your skin with warm water.
- Put the mixture on your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water to completely remove the mask.
- Splash your skin with cold water to close your pores and prevent buildup.
7. Face Mask Made From Papayas and Avocados
You already know the benefits of the fruit, but in conjunction with avocado, you can also count on a more glowing complexion and better elasticity.
- Mash 1/2 cup of the fruit, and 1/2 cup of the avocado together in a bowl.
- Make sure they are completely combined.
- Wash your skin with warm water, and apply the face mask.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Using warm water, wash the mask off, and then rinse with cold water to close your pores.
8. Acne Treatment With Papayas, Honey, and Lemons
When combined, these three ingredients can help treat acne by nourishing the skin, while killing microbes that cause acne. Additionally, this mixture can help regulate the pH balance of your skin, which helps with more balanced oil production.
- Mash 1/2 cup of fruit with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Put the mask on your skin in a thin layer and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with warm water, and then rinse with cold water to close your pores.
9. Tropical and Citrus Face Mask
Oranges can help regulate the amount of oil that is produced by your skin, making it an ideal ingredient for those with oily skin. When combined, these two fruits can make your skin glow while also clearing blemishes and evening your skin tone.
- In a bowl, mash half a cup of papaya and then squeeze juice from an orange into the bowl.
- Mix the two together.
- Wash your face with warm water before applying the face mask.
- Leave the mask on for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water, and then rinse with cold water to close your pores.
10. Baking Soda and Papaya Face Mask
Baking soda helps to make your skin blemish free by preventing and treating pimples and blackheads. It also provides a high-quality and safe exfoliation to make your skin soft and healthy.
- Mash 1/2 of a fruit into a bowl.
- Add just 1 tablespoon of baking soda and mix it together well.
- Wash your skin with warm water, then pat dry.
- Apply the face mask mixture to your skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water, and then rinse with cool water to close your pores.
Papaya Benefits For Skin
- Smooths the skin
- Safe to use all on its own
- Prevents wrinkles and other signs of aging
- Contains vitamins A and C
- Gets rid of free radicals
- Contains beta hydroxy acid
- Contains flavonoids
- Has anti-fungal properties
- Contains enzymes that work to keep skin smoother and healthier for longer
- Has large amounts of potassium
How Vitamins A and C Are Beneficial to Your Skin
Vitamins A and C are both antioxidants, which remove free radicals from your skin. Those free radicals cause collagen and elastin to break down more quickly, forming lines and wrinkles.
How Beta Hydroxy Acid Is Beneficial to Your Skin
Beta hydroxy acid naturally exfoliates your skin. Not only is it all-natural, but it is also more gentle than many man-made exfoliators. It only removes the top layer of skin cells, leaving your skin looking more radiant and youthful.
The beta hydroxy acid also removes dirt and oil from the skin’s surface. This prevents acne and blackhead breakouts.
How Flavonoids Are Beneficial to Your Skin
Before understanding how flavonoids are beneficial to your skin, it is important to understand what flavonoids actually are. They are chemicals that are produced during photosynthesis, and they strengthen the pathways that send signals throughout your body.
When flavonoids are applied to the skin, the pathways are strengthened between the collagen and elastin. Because of this, your skin is more supported which will result in smoother skin.
How the Papain in Papaya Benefits Your Skin
Papain is only found in papayas and cannot be found in any other fruit. It allows the beta hydroxy acid to work more effectively at unclogging pores, exfoliating and removing dirt, oil, and other impurities from the skin.
The Benefits of Potassium For Your Skin
Foods that are rich in potassium are beneficial to your body in many ways. When you consume it, the nutrient likely doesn’t go to your skin. Your skin does need it, however, in order to look radiant and wrinkle-free.
One of the major papaya benefits is the amount of potassium that one contains. By applying it to your skin, you are allowing your skin to absorb the nutrient that it is usually lacking when you are just consuming it.
How Other Enzymes Benefit Your Skin
While papain is an enzyme found in papayas, there are other enzymes in papayas that are beneficial to your skin, as well. The different enzymes ease irritated skin and inflammation, which leads to smoother, healthier skin with fewer wrinkles. These enzymes can reverse the damage caused by pollution, allergies, and UV rays.
How The Antifungal Compounds Benefit Your Skin
Fungal infections can occur on any part of your skin. While they aren’t common on your face, it is still a good idea to do what you can to prevent this from happening.
Final Thoughts on Papaya For Skin Prep
Now that you know 10 different papaya face mask recipes, and you know all of the papaya benefits, you can feel confident knowing that this all-natural and safe ingredient will help make your skin appear more radiant and youthful. It will prevent wrinkles, lines, and other signs of aging, while also repairing the damage that has already been done.
Depending on the exact benefits you want from your face mask, you can mix the fruit with many other ingredients to add additional properties to your DIY face mask. Even better, you can mix it up and do different face masks each week until you find the one that does exactly what you are looking for in a skincare product.
(C)Power of Positivity, LLC. All rights reserved