“Thoughts Become Things… Choose The Good Ones!” – Mike Dooley
Attitude is everything, and if you’ve got a good one, you can be sure that your positive thinking will lead to positive results in life. But how do you keep that positive attitude up at all times?
Consider this cheat sheet a go-to resource to keep your psyche ship sailing straight!
1. Find the why: If you’re experiencing a challenging situation, ask yourself why this is happening. From there, you’ll be able to figure out how to change your current course based on your actions up to this point.
2. Plan the next step: After you find the why, look at the how and plan the next step to be sure that avoidable situations are prevented the future.
3. Say Something Nice: Whether to a friend, family member, or random person in public, it’s surprising how much better you’ll feel when you say something nice to someone. It’ll change their day and keep yours going the right way!
4. Choose LOVE: If you’re receiving negative energy from someone, it does not mean that you have to reciprocate. Send them blessings, say a prayer for them, or help them get out of their own funk by simply choosing to show love.
5. Laugh: When caught up in a tense or negative situation, one of the quickest ways to diffuse the energy is to have a good laugh. Stop right in the middle of the mayhem and tell a good joke or plain out start laughing! Let the good vibes rush through your body and to those around you – you deserve it.
6. Pray: Whether it’s through prayer, meditation, or chanting, the positive energy created by getting in touch with your spirit is momentous. You can often receive answers to your questions and solutions to your problems when you just take a moment to listen to what the divine in you has to say.
7. Find gratitude: If somethings not going your way, one of the first things you can do is think of all the things you are grateful for. Surely you have got it better than many right now, regardless of your situation. And if you can’t think of anything right away, just be grateful to be alive!
8. Vision Board: When you’re going through a rough patch, refer to your vision board and remind yourself just why you’ve made the decision to be a positive person. You have goals and want them to be met – the journey toward success is much greater enjoyed when you’re happy about it.
9. Remember the positive: Although sad times occur, it doesn’t mean you have to stay depressed. Think of all of the good times you had, and where you would want to be today had the sadness never occured.
10. Get Happy: It may sound cliche, but keeping sadness at bay is a lot more doable when you’re allowing yourself to get happy daily. Follow the Power of Positivity on Facebook for daily “get happy” moments that will surely keep your happy meter fully charged!
11. Avoid the blame game: Your thoughts plus your choices affect your life. If you’ve overreacted, that’s not someone else’s fault. You are a mirror, and what you say to others, you actually say to yourself.
12. Stay in control: Just because you may not be where you want to be, the finish line may be right around the bend. You’ve got this!
13. Maintain a high level of emotional intelligence: Keep a strong awareness about how you feel in situations, and allow yourself to control how you react through self-realization. There is a lot of strength in stepping outside your own box to learn about how you act and react. In other words, keep calm and carry on!
14. Be the victor, not the victim: Choose what you want to become, not what happened to you. You may have been affected, but it’s in the past now and you can make a decision to do what you can, where you are, with what you have!
15. Embrace Adversity: Believe that you are a STRONG person who can handle anything that is thrown your way. Affirm that adversity is easily overcome through my positive thinking mindset and welcome the challenges that arise.
16. Seek opportunity: Every problem has a positive opportunity ingrained deep inside it. There’s always a certain amount of value in any situation, and it’s your choice to learn from it and GROW
17. Focus on Solutions: “Followers focus on problems. Leaders focus on solutions.” If life goes array, there’s nothing you can do about what has already happened. Look ahead to the solution, and how you can get there.
18. Read scripture: Regardless of religion, many positive principles remain the same throughout the world’s sacred books of knowledge Whatever book or teacher you prefer, study it often. It’s going to wire your brain to follow positive thinking principles and deliver success!
19. Personal Development: With the wide range of personal development products available, there are many avenues to attain a steady state of positive thinking. Pick yourself up a book or DVD (The Magic is a great example) and prepare to start making positive thinking a staple in your daily routine!
20. Recall achievements: If everything is going wrong, look at what went right! Sometimes one of the best things you can do to bolster self-esteem is to remember how far you’ve come to get to where you are now!
21. Eliminate black and white thinking: Positive thinking involves a lot of gray area. It’s not all or nothing in life, and there are times you’ll take one step forward to find yourself being knocked two steps back. It takes a large spectrum of experience to get to where you’re going – allow all situations to propel you!
22. Affirmations: The importance of positive affirmations will always be a main ingredient to attracting more health and abundance into your life.
23. Breathe: Practicing breathing, especially when bothered, can provide many positive benefits. Prana breathing is especially effective when feeling stressed or anxious. A count of four during the inhale, and a count of eight on the exhale repeated for a few minutes will surprisingly bring you calm and relaxation by slowing your heart rate and allowing your brain to process more fully.
24. Stay around positive energy: Neurons that fire together wire together, so it is vastly important that you flood yourself with positive sources of energy. Take a moment to consider your daily habits – are they helping you along on your journey or are they stressing you out? If not, find ways to integrate more positive ways of living into your daily routine
25. Avoid alcohol: Many people like to have a few drinks now and then, but it’s not great to overdo it. The bad decisions, headaches, and health problems that follow will cause more problems than it’s worth. If you need a fix, find a holistic alternative and allow your body to thrive naturally.
26. Do a good deed: Performing a good deed or random act of kindness is a great way to switch into a positive mindset. First, you’re thinking of doing something good for another person, place, or thing – then you’re carrying it out and seeing the positive energy that it spreads, which in turn makes you feel good. Double win!
27. Know that your source of positive power is bigger: If you’re dealing with struggles, remember that the positive source of power is far greater than any problem can ever pose. You can choose to become what you desire – don’t let what happened to you in the past hold you back.
28. Align your beliefs with your feelings: Your feelings are a direct representation of your beliefs about the person or situation. Ask yourself “why do I believe this to be true?”, then connect the dots and discover what’s true for you!
29. Forgive someone: Sometimes there are memories or past experience that may gnaw away at you and hinder your positive thinking. Get in touch with that person you need to forgive and let it happen. Let them know that you understand and forgive them the way God (Universe, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.) would. When you forgive others, it’s a gift you truly give to yourself!
30. Ask for forgiveness: Sometimes you’re on the other side of the spectrum, and you’re the one who needs forgiveness from someone else. Ask for it – you’ll be surprised at the positive response. As explained above, they’re not only forgiving you, but letting go of trapped negative energy in their own body which is truly a gift to themselves.