Sometimes life becomes overwhelming or upsetting, and you feel like nothing can cheer you up. When this is the case, you can read positive life quotes to help you feel happier. These quotes will offer motivation, tips, and support as you work on improving your mood.
When you want to be happier, you should focus on improving your life. Determine which areas cause the most negativity, and then work to change those situations. Work toward your goals, keep learning, and learn to live in the moment.
As you do those things, you will find that you feel much happier. These positive life quotes can inspire you to improve your life and change your mindset for the better. Try to remember your favorite ones as you go about your day so that you remember to stay positive.
Positive Life Quotes That Will Help You Feel Happier
These positive life quotes can renew your joy.
1. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
Happiness can be achieved through positive thinking, liberated energy, and inspired hopes, as Carnegie explains. Ensure that you set your goals to allow you to live this way, and you will surely be happy.
2. “We can have peace if we let go of wanting to change the past and wanting to control the future.” – Lester Levinson
This is one of the best positive life quotes because it is so true. If you want to feel happier, make sure to let go of things you can’t change. The past has already happened, so there is no use in stressing over it or letting it interfere with your present.
Likewise, you can’t control the future, and you can only do the required things to reach your goals. Then, have faith that it will all work out. Since you can’t control what ultimately happens, let go of your desire to control so you can have peace.
3. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” – Greg Anderson
Most of your happiness in life will come from your journey. Enjoy each moment as you work toward your goals and dreams because that is what will matter. While the destination is great and can bring happiness, you have to find joy in the action, too.
4. “Happiness is the experience of loving life. Being happy is being in love with that momentary experience. And love is looking at someone or even something and seeing the absolute best in him/her or it. Love is happiness with what you see. So, love and happiness really are the same thing…just expressed differently.” – Robert McPhillips
If you love your life, you will be happier. Do what you need to so you can love your life experience because if you can, you will be happy. With love for life, you can see the good in all situations and hold on to happiness no matter what.
5. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” – Peter Hagerty
Many positive life quotes are about enjoying the journey instead of only the result. This is because to enjoy life and be happier. You must enjoy even the seemingly small moments. If you can love working toward something, then you will love and be happy forever.
6. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Horace Lorimer
When you wake up ready to get things done, you will feel happier. Positive productivity can make your life less stressful, and you will feel more accomplished. Imagine how much happier you would be in life if you went to bed feeling satisfied each day.
7. “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Don’t hold back in life. Determine what it is you want to do, and live to get it done. Push your limits because that is the only way you will get farther.
As Radmacher suggests, make sure you listen, practice, play, and laugh as you live your life. Don’t do things you will regret, and don’t spend time stressing about the past. If you do all of this and focus on the things you love, you will feel happier.
When you are doing things you enjoy, you are not wasting time. Life is meant to be enjoyed, so you must make time for it. Allow yourself time to do what you like, and don’t convince yourself that it is time wasted.
9. “If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu
The world can be whatever you want it to be if you follow this advice. Don’t count on other people, money, or material ways to make you feel fulfilled and happy. Instead, be grateful for what and who you have, and embrace your life as it is right now.
10. “So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.” – Rainbow Rowell
When your life isn’t perfect, you might want to fix everything all at once. This is impossible, though, and can hinder your efforts.
Instead, work on one improvement at a time. When you do this, you will notice that you become happier all the time.
11. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Unknown
Don’t let the end of one thing cause you to lose all happiness. When you lose something that made you happy, it only means that there is something else for you. Don’t look back at what has ended; instead, look for the next opportunity or experience.
12. “An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging your back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great. So focus, and keep aiming” – Paulo Coelho
Remember this positive life quote when your life gets hard. All of the obstacles and hardships you encounter are leading to something better than you could have imagined.
Even when things get hard, continue to focus and aim at your dreams. Before you know it, you will be right where you wanted and needed to be. Keep faith that it will all work out.