Even if you’ve been trying to steer clear of junk food, you can still enjoy this no guilt pizza. If you’ve been getting bored of healthy eating, this pizza recipe will add some variety to your routine. Pretty much everyone loves pizza, but one of the world’s favorite foods comes at a price. The traditional pizza from chain restaurants contains a shocking amount of fat, carbs, and calories.
It tastes delicious, but it leaves most people feeling bloated, tired, and heavy. If you want to savor this popular dish without the food coma, this no guilt pizza recipe will come in handy. It takes a little culinary creativity, but we guarantee your taste buds (and digestion) will thank you for it! This pizza will still taste delicious while leaving you feeling light and vibrant.
Here’s how to enjoy a no guilt pizza
Let’s make pizza!
What you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- Food processor
- Wooden spoon
- Large cooking pot
- Large bowl
- Small kitchen towel
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- Half a large pot of boiled water
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- One tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- Thinly sliced yellow, red and green bell pepper
- A handful of sliced mushrooms
- Red onion
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil to drizzle on top
- Get out your cutting board and cauliflower heads, breaking them up into smaller florets.
- Next, grind the cauliflower up in a food processor until it resembles the texture of rice.
- Then fill a large pot about halfway with water, and let it boil. Cook the cauliflower until it becomes soft and creamy, like mashed potatoes. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked thoroughly, take it off the heat and get out your large bowl and strainer. Place the strainer over the bowl, and pour the cauliflower and water into the strainer.
- Now, grab your wooden spoon and press down on the cauliflower to remove excess water.
- Next, place a medium-sized kitchen towel over the large bowl. Then, pour your cauliflower into the towel, and use your hands to wring out any remaining water. Straining the cauliflower will sure you won’t have a soggy pizza.
- After you’ve done that, pour the water out of the bowl. Then, put your strained cauliflower back in the bowl so you can make your pizza crust.
- Mix up the cauliflower a bit, then add in 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Next, add 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1/2 tbsp pepper, 1 tbsp dried basil, 1 tbsp dried oregano, and 2 tsp salt.
- Then, add in the egg and mix all ingredients liberally until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a piece of parchment paper, and use your hands to create a pizza crust shape. Make sure to round out the edges and press down on the dough to make it uniformly even. Lay the parchment paper on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 mins at 400 degrees F.
- The dough should look slightly crispy and brown on top. After letting it cool for about 10 minutes, pour your marinara sauce on the crust. Use a small spoon to spread it evenly across the top.
- Add the remaining cups of cheese on top of the sauce. Sprinkle it evenly across the surface, and don’t forget the edges!
- Now for the fun part in making your no guilt pizza. Grab your cherry tomatoes and lay them sideways around the perimeter of the pizza. Start at the edge of the sauce, and work your way inwards with the other ingredients.
- Lay the yellow bell pepper slices next, then the green and red ones. Remember to layer them in circles since it’s easier to fit all the ingredients this way.
- Now, add the sliced mushrooms for the next circle of ingredients. The red onions should make up the last layer, with the basil right in the middle. Sprinkle any additional spices that you prefer, and top it off with a few olive oil drizzles.
- Now, bake the pizza again for about 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut slices with a knife or pizza cutter, and enjoy this delicious no guilt pizza!
This pizza packs a ton of flavor without all the heavy carbs and fat. While it still has cheese, this no guilt pizza recipe uses much less cheese than chain restaurant pizzas. Much of the calories from this type of pizza comes from the thick dough and layers upon layers of cheese. Because it has the gluten-free dough and only a little cheese, this pizza is much healthier than traditional recipes.
Plus, most restaurant pizzas have very few vegetables, but this one is loaded with them! Mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and basil have a ton of antioxidants and nutrients. The cheese and egg add protein to the pizza, while the olive oil provides healthy fats. Also, the fresh herbs on top have healing benefits such as fighting free radicals and boost immunity.
Overall, this pizza doesn’t take long to make and provides a healthy, delicious meal for the whole family. It can even last for a few dinners if everyone doesn’t gobble it up the first night, that is.
Final thoughts: this no guilt pizza is perfect for people on low-carb diets
Most people love pizza, but unfortunately, this popular dish comes with the side effect of bloating and weight gain. To make it healthier, you can make this no guilt pizza recipe at home with a few simple ingredients. It will take a little time to prep, but the result will make an effort well worth it.
The cauliflower crust cuts out a lot of extra calories from traditional dough made with gluten. It also contains tons of fresh veggies and herbs, keeping your taste buds happy and your body healthy. If you make this, let us know how you like it.