Parenthood is an amazing part of life, and these lovely quotes about parenthood help affirm that. While no one is ever fully ready to be a parent, it is one of life’s greatest experiences. You will find yourself while learning to raise your child.
These lovely quotes about parenthood will help you remember that parenthood is an amazing opportunity. Being a parent is a blessing, and if you can always remember that, you’ll bask in it. This isn’t to downplay the hard times, however, it’s simply to remind you of the good parts.
While parenthood is amazing, it is still hard sometimes. During the hard moments, it can be harder to remember all the great parts of it. That’s where these lovely quotes will help because they’ll remind you of how special parenting is.
Fifteen Lovely Quotes About Parenthood
Read these lovely quotes to remind you of how precious is the gift of children.
1. “No one is ever quite ready; everyone is always caught off guard. Parenthood chooses you. And you open your eyes, look at what you’ve got, say “Oh, my gosh,” and recognize that of all the balls there ever were, this is the one you should not drop. It’s not a question of choice.” – Marisa de Los Santos
Parenthood isn’t something you can ever be ready for. Unless you’re already a parent, you will never know what to expect, no matter how much you prepare. Parenthood can be planned or it can be unexpected, and either way, you won’t be fully ready.
You don’t have to be reminded that it is one of the only things in life that you can’t mess up. There is no redo when you mess parenting up, so you have to work hard to do it right. Even so, it is the most beautiful and amazing experience. Parenthood is hard, but it’s worth every difficult moment.
2. “Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, every movement, and action affects. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than a parent.” – Bob Keeshan
No matter what you do or say, your child is watching and learning from you, which is quite flattering. Never forget this because you want them to grow up and be the best they can be. So, be conscious of the way you behave so that your children have the best possible role model.
3. “I don’t remember who said this, but there really are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.” – Anne Lamott
As Lamott reiterates, you learn about parts of your heart that are only available when you have a child. The love you will have for them is incomparable to anything else and will bring you more joy.
4. “A mother is a person who is seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
As a parent, you will make sacrifices such as this one. You won’t be upset about it, you’ll simply be happy that everyone else has pie. These parental sacrifices tend to make you happier because, in return for your sacrifice, your children will be happy. The lovely quote reminds us that we must be selfless in our parenting.
5. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew Jacobson
Parents tend to believe their children can do anything, and they are correct. If a child has a parent who believes in them, then they will go on to be successful.
6. “Parents need to fill a child’s bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can’t poke enough holes to drain it dry.”- Alvin Price
As a parent, it is your job to raise your child’s self-esteem. You are capable of raising their self-esteem so much that anything the rest of the world says won’t affect it. Along the way, you will feel happier as you see your child developing in this way.
7. “In the external scheme of things, shining moments are as brief as the twinkling of an eye, yet such twinklings are what eternity is made of — moments when we human beings can say, ‘I love you,’ ‘I’m proud of you,’ ‘I forgive you,’ ‘I’m grateful for you.’ That’s what eternity is made of: invisible imperishable good stuff.” – Fred Rogers
As a parent, you’ll experience many of these shining moments that Rogers refers to. All the small things are what will make your parenting journey the best one possible. It’ll bring good feelings to both you and your child.
8. “The most beautiful thing in the world is to see your children smiling and knowing that you’re the reason behind their smile.” – Unknown
When you do something that makes your child smile, it is an indescribable feeling. This is the ultimate happiness for a parent. It makes all the hard times well worth it, and it’ll awaken your spirit.
9. “Affirming words from moms and dads are like light switches. Speak a word of affirmation at the right moment in a child’s life and it’s like lighting up a whole roomful of possibilities.” – Gary Smalley
When you use affirming words with your child, they will bask in it. It will help them see their potential. Plus, it will make them confident enough to try new things and pay attention to new opportunities.
10. “When you look at your life, the greatest happiness is family happiness.”- Joyce Brothers
Out of all the things in your life that make you happy, your family is the greatest of all. They are there for each moment and you will make your best memories with them.
11. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
It’s hard to understand how much your parents loved you. The only time you will truly realize it is when you have children of your own.
While you are loving your children, remember how much your parents loved you. This is the type of love only parents will understand and feel.
12. “The affection of parents makes infants feel safe in this dangerous world and gives them boldness in experimentation and in exploration of their environments.” – Bertrand Russell
A parent is a child’s comfort, especially for infants. They trust you more than anyone else in the world, and you give them the basis for exploration. When they feel safe, they’ll learn more as they explore and experiment.
13. “For me, being a mother made me a better professional, because coming home every night to my girls reminded me what I was working for. And being a professional made me a better mother because by pursuing my dreams, I was modeling for my girls how to pursue their dreams.” – Michelle Obama
Becoming a parent is life-changing, but that change is a benefit in all aspects of your life. You will become better at all things you do because you have a child who is watching. Let them see you work hard and achieve your goals. Then, they’ll know how to do it themselves when the time is right.
14. “The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.” – James E. Faust
As stated before, the love a parent feels for their child is indescribable. It can’t be measured because there is no limit to it. Even when your child disappoints you, you will still love them through it all.
15. “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” – Robert Breault
Parents with multiple children sometimes worry that they won’t have enough love to go around. Once the multiple children are brought into the world, however, parents see that this isn’t the case.
Since there is no limit to a parent’s love, there is enough love to go around no matter how many children they are. Parents can love all children without taking love away from any of the other children. It’s an amazing and miraculous concept, but it has been repeatedly proven.
Final Thoughts on Lovely Quotes About Parenthood Never to Forget
After reading these lovely quotes about parenting, you are probably feeling lucky. Parenting is special and amazing, even during the hardest moments.
You are so special to your children, and you are their safe space. This is an amazing feeling because it’s an honor you won’t get from anyone else in life. Knowing that they rely on you, watch you, and go to you for comfort is a blessing.
Always remember that parenthood is a unique opportunity and a blessing that can’t be replaced. You’ll discover a love you never knew you could have and it can make you happier than you ever thought possible. Remember these lovely quotes about parenthood and you’ll always remember how blessed you are.