As you go through life, you’ll have plenty of chances to keep it real or pretend to be someone else. These quotes can help inspire you and give you the confidence to stay true to yourself in every instance. Being authentic is essential in life and can improve your personal and professional relationships.
When you keep it real, you’ll feel better each day because everyone is unique and on a unique path in life. The differences between each of us are what keep things interesting in life. Plus, your unique qualities are what make you special.
Staying true to yourself allows you to live life to the fullest potential and experience meaningful moments. If you keep it real, it’ll improve your sense of self-worth and the quality of your life as a whole. It also helps you gain clarity about your life and yourself, making it easy to focus on the essential parts of life.
When you show who you indeed are, it ensures you attract other honest people in your life, too. These quotes can help remind you why you should be yourself each day. Consider writing down the quotes that resonate within you to reference throughout your day.
Fifteen Quotes That Remind Us to Keep it Real, Always
1. “Share your weaknesses, share your hard moments, share your real side. It’ll either scare away every fake person in your life, or it will inspire them to finally let go of that mirage called “perfection,” which will open the doors to the most important relationships you’ll ever be a part of.” – Dan Pearce
When you share your weaknesses and difficult moments, you can ensure everyone in your life cares about you. If people are only in your life because they believe you’re perfect, you aren’t building healthy relationships.
By showing all of yourself rather than just the highlights, you might inspire others to be authentic, too. Then, you can build healthy relationships based on who you indeed are.
2. “I have reached a point in life where I feel it is no longer necessary to try & impress anyone. If they like me the way I am, good, and if they don’t, it’s their loss.” – Corazon Aquino
Not everyone will like you, and there is nothing wrong with that. No matter what persona you portray, you won’t impress every person around you anyway.
Instead, be yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Either the other person will like you, or they won’t, but at least you can honestly say you kept it honest.
3. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
Not only is your time in life limited, but it’s passing regardless of what you decide to do. If you constantly worry about what other people want you to do, you’ll waste your life living for someone else.
4. “The easiest way to gain someone’s trust is to deserve it. This should be pretty easy, assuming you’re just being you and being real. Minimal effort too.” – Ashley Lorenzana
If you exhibit honesty, other people will have no problem trusting you. When you want to gain trust, you must do things to deserve it first. Plus, you won’t ever have to worry about honest people getting angry or losing their faith in you.
As Lorenzana explains, it shouldn’t be hard to gain trust as long as you show people who you truly are. Plus, life gets a little easier when you aren’t lying or hiding who you are.
5. “Just keep being true to yourself, if you’re passionate about something, go for it. Don’t sacrifice anything, just have fun.” – Blake Lewis
When you aren’t true to yourself, you miss exciting opportunities and experiences. Go after the things you’re passionate about, and don’t miss out just to fit in. This life is yours to live, so don’t spend your time chasing things that don’t matter.
6. “Tell people how it is, be real, and be honest. If you see something wrong, make sure you speak up. Being this way will naturally eliminate the snakes and fakes.” – John Maiorana
When you keep it real and say what’s on your mind, it eliminates toxic people from your life. You don’t want fake people or anyone who wants to hurt you in your life.
Toxic people don’t like honesty, meaning they will leave your life without any effort on your part. You’ll attract other honest people into your life by living in reality and being yourself.
7. “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Hare
If you want to become a better version of yourself, the first step is to be yourself. Don’t change who you are or hide certain things about yourself. Instead, embrace what makes you different and learn from your mistakes as you go along.
8. “Flattery does not encourage the perfect flow of love in the vein of your relationship. Be genuine and speak out what you feel for each other without hiding the painful truth.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
While it’s easy to tell people what they want to hear, it won’t get you anywhere. False flattery does nothing for your relationship. However, speaking your mind and being honest with people will help build something meaningful.
9. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Everyone is unique and should feel free to be themselves. As Roosevelt explains, you don’t only have the right, but you must keep it real. Your differences are the things that set you apart and allow you to reach your full potential.
Don’t miss out on finding and pursuing your destiny by trying to be like everyone else. Use your uniqueness to better yourself and improve your life.
10. “Sadness is a part of life; Love is the heart of life; But facing pain and to come out strong is the real art of life.” – Wrushank Sorte
Don’t hide your feelings in hopes that they disappear or no one notices. Sadness, love, and every other emotion are a part of life. Face what you’re experiencing and deal with it, and you’ll become stronger because of it.
11. “I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself.” – Bobby Brown