Does your intuition feel blocked often, like you don’t know what decision to make or where to turn next? It feels as though you can’t get a clear picture on the future, like you don’t know your vision or purpose in life. Or, you may also feel that you can’t get out of the daily grind or see the bigger picture for your life.
You just feel a bit lost and disconnected from yourself, and may reject all spiritual notions simply because you cannot see past the mundane chores and responsibilities of daily life. If this sounds like you, you might have a blocked third eye chakra. The third eye chakra, or the sixth chakra, is located between the eyebrows, right above the bridge of the nose. This chakra represents the combination of all the chakras below it, and allows us to use our vision and intuition to bring positive change and momentum into our lives.
Below, let’s talk a bit more about the third eye chakra, and what you can do to get it unblocked.
IF YOUR INTUITION FEELS BLOCKED, THIS MAY BE WHY…
The Sanskrit name for the third eye chakra is “Ajna”, which means “command” or “perceiving”. It literally represents all the elements in their purest form, a culmination of all the energies of the chakras. We can infer from the Sanskrit name that this chakra can help us to take charge of our lives by trusting our intuition, or highest self.
Characteristics of the third eye chakra:
- Perception of subtle dimensions and movements of energy
- Psychic abilities related to clairvoyance and clairaudience especially
- Access to mystical states, illumination
- Connection to wisdom, insight
- Motivates inspiration and creativity
Ultimately, the third eye chakra represents our ability to trust that voice telling us where to turn next, and to use our natural talents to progress in this world. The third eye chakra blends the functions of all the chakras below it. When balanced, we will feel the subtle energies of the universe guiding us along and enabling us to pursue our highest vision for our lives.
A second function of the heart chakra deals with balancing our natural biorhythm, as it sits right in front of our pineal gland, which helps to regulate sleep and wake times.
SIGNS OF A BLOCKED THIRD EYE CHAKRA:
A blocked third eye chakra can make you feel unexcited and disengaged from life. It can also make you feel as if you have no purpose, and can’t get out of the daily grind even if you tried. Being out of sync with the third eye means that you have either an underactive or overactive sixth chakra. You either feel too in-tune with the current reality, which therefore depresses you, or so disengaged from the world that you get lost in fantasies and visions in order to escape. If you have an overactive third eye chakra, you have a hard time separating reality from fantasy.
The following are symptoms of an imbalanced third eye chakra:
- Feeling stuck in the daily grind without being able to look beyond your problems and set a guiding vision for yourself
- Overactive third chakra without support from the rest of the chakra system may manifest as fantasies that appear more real than reality, indulgence in psychic fantasies and illusions
- Not being able to establish a vision for oneself and realize it
- Rejection of everything spiritual or beyond the usual
- Not being able to see the greater picture
- Lack of clarity
A blocked third eye chakra can seriously affect your motivation and zest for life, which will lower the vibration of all your other chakras. A third eye chakra blockage can make it difficult to see the meaning in life, and feel grateful for the experiences that you have during your time here. This blockage usually means that some of your other chakras have blockages, as the energy of these moves upward through the third eye and ultimately through our crown chakra. Upon opening this chakra, you will find that you regularly have visions and can see beyond this earthly realm into the higher dimensions. You will trust yourself more and make decisions based on that “inner knowing.”
Some common physical symptoms of blockage include:
- poor vision
- high blood pressure
- compromised immune system
EMOTIONAL SIGNS OF THIRD EYE CHAKRA BLOCKAGE
- vivid dreams
- skeptical of everything
An imbalanced third eye chakra can lead to two extremes; either being so consumed with the negatives in this reality that you feel depressed, or feeling disillusioned and lost in fantasies. If you feel that you have a blocked third eye chakra, read on to find out how to clear this blockage so you can live from your intuition and feel comfortable with listening to your higher self.
WHAT TO DO ABOUT A BLOCKED THIRD EYE CHAKRA
Clearing the third eye chakra involves a lot of energy healing and learning to listen to what your heart truly wants.
A few beginner steps to clear the third eye chakra include:
- Let go of the ego. Learn to live from compassion, understanding, and the energy and vibration of love. Forgive yourself and go within to heal negative energy and old, destructive thinking patterns.
- Get rid of as much stress as possible. Being overly stressed too often can negatively affect this chakra, so see where you can reduce stress in your life.
- Incorporate purple colors into your life to help boost this chakra’s energy. Wear purple clothing, eat more purple foods, such as purple cabbage, red onion, beets, etc, and place purple items around your home.
- Do different types of energy healing, such as aromatherapy, sound therapy, crystal healing, etc.
- Meditate on this chakra. Imagine the purple lotus flower in the middle of your chest, and hold this image in your mind. Remember to breathe deeply, and practice positive affirmations as well.
When you open and balance your third eye chakra, you may notice the following symptoms:
- Seeing life clearly and accurately
- Knowing what you want in life and how you will get there
- Heightened intuition
(C) POWER OF POSITIVITY, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: