Inspirational Quotes for Turning Gratitude into a Lifestyle
We live in a fast-paced world. A breaking story today can quickly turn into old news tomorrow. If we’re not careful, the same can be true for our lives.
While we all want more out of life, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be satisfied with what we do have. When we appreciate the things we have in life, we can stay positive and allow better things to enter into our lives. Keep reading for 20 inspirational quotes about life.
1. “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
A major part of gratitude comes down to realizing who inspired us to live the life we do. Reading inspirational quotes like this one show us that the reason we have certain goals in life is because we’ve seen others live their own truth.
These inspiring people even support us when we no longer believe in ourselves. When our light goes out, we know we can turn to these people in our lives to get us back on track.
2.“Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Much like the world’s most beautiful flowers, gratitude allows us to blossom into the best version of ourselves.
3.“Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” – Anonymous
Short and sweet, this is one of the simplest inspirational quotes that still packs a punch.
When we choose to focus on gratitude, we realize what really matters in life. Instead of becoming disheartened with we don’t have (but think we should have), gratitude transforms the way we see our lives.
4. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
Ever met a person that lived like their soul was on fire? This zeal for life comes from living a life of total thankfulness. That’s the power of gratitude that all the best inspirational quotes teach about.
Grateful people are happier people. By recognizing all the blessing we have in life, we’ll be more satisfied with what we have.
5. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
This contentment with life will allow us to build a better future. Instead of being fearful of the unknown, we can see that we have nothing to lose, everything to gain, and everything to be thankful for.
6. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
It’s easy to say “thank you” but it doesn’t mean as much as actually showing someone we are thankful for them. Instead of responding to someone’s acts of kindness with a “thanks”, it’s important to learn how to show we are thankful.
This can be done by writing a thank-you card, giving someone a handshake or hug, or returning the favor later on down the road.
7. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
While it is impossible to be happy all of the time, living a life dedicated to cultivating this spirit of happiness can be done as we begin to practice gratitude on a consistent basis.
As we find ourselves meditating over our blessings in life, happiness will almost always be an added consequence.
8. “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” – Karl Barth
Gratitude doesn’t need to be complex or extravagant. By living every day with joy, we can express how thankful we are to be living the life we have.
9. “No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” – Alfred North Whitehead
We are all participants on this journey of life. While we all want to do things on our own, we do rely on the assistance and support of others at some point in life. For these people, we must be grateful.
10. “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
In life, richness isn’t found in the amount of money one makes. To truly be rich, one has to recognize the beauty in their own life and give thanks for it.
11. “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” – Lionel Hampton
When someone does something special for us, it’s hard to forget. These actions of love make their way to our heart and stay there forever.
12. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Every good thing in life begins with being grateful. Love, trust, happiness, joy–they all require us to see the value in others and ourselves and to be thankful for these things. With the help of inspirational quotes like this, we learn how to cultivate the positive things in life.
13. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
In life, it’s easy to forget how good we have it. While bad things happen sometimes, everyday that we’re alive is a good day.
14. “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson’s inspirational quotes about life teach us that there is never a wrong time to be kind. This is true in life and it’s certainly true when we show gratitude to others.
15. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – Gilbert C. Chesterton
What’s happiness without gratitude? While material things can give us momentary pleasure, we really need to make time to express gratitude if we hope to ever truly be happy.
16. “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
Those of us that believe in the law of attraction know that we attract the same energy we put out. Inspirational quotes like this one show us that by expressing grateful energy, we’ll be able to attract the best things in life.
17. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
Willie Nelson is full of inspirational quotes like this one that show how effective gratitude is for curing feelings of sadness. When we focus on everything good that has happened to us, it’s hard to stay down.
18. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
Looking for the best inspirational quotes about life? Always turn to Buddha.
Buddha knows what it means to be grateful. Instead of becoming overwhelmed with what has happened, we have the opportunity to focus on the positives in our lives.
19. “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
There’s a certain sense of wisdom that is found in living a life of gratitude. By finding a way to apply inspirational quotes to our lives, we can begin to be thankful for everything in life, and grow as people.
With more thankfulness in our lives, the happier we feel.
20. “Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.” – Edwin Arlington Robinson
We often express our thanks after someone does something for us. However, when we realize how much we can impact others, this leads to a greater sense of gratitude.
Final Thoughts on Gratitude
These inspirational quotes about life serve to show us how we can completely transform our lives by practicing gratitude on a regular basis. Many people mistakenly adopt the idea that they will be happy once they accomplish more in life or have enough money to buy their dream home, car, or something equally as valuable. However, this isn’t the case.
When we learn to be thankful for and content with what we have, we disrupt the idea that we can’t find happiness as we are. As we become more grateful in life, we learn to appreciate all of our blessings–both big and small.