Life is a little easier when you feel calm and don’t have intense anxiety. If you want to change and experience serenity in your life, these inner peace quotes can help. Inner peace quotes help you push away negativity, even in the face of hardship.
When you experience peacefulness and serene thoughts, you become more content with your life. These inner peace quotes will help you find a way to relax your thoughts when nothing else helps. They can also prevent anxiety from creeping in at all.
Inner Peace Quotes to Make You Feel Calm
As you read these inner peace quotes, stay open to serenity. When you’re open to good feelings, you’ll quickly feel calm and less anxious.
1. “You should feel beautiful, and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.” – Stacy London
If you want to achieve inner peace, you must make sure that you feel safe and secure. Feeling beautiful and safe requires surrounding yourself with things and people that make you feel calm.
Even if you try to avoid it, you’ll run into conflict throughout your life. However, it isn’t the conflict that disrupts your sense of peacefulness. The way you handle the battle is the only thing that influences your state of mind and feelings.
Remember this inner peace quote, and you’ll handle your next conflict a little better. When you know that you’re in control of the way you feel, you’ll begin to act in a manner that helps.
3. “No person, no place, and no thing has any power over us, for ‘we’ are the only thinkers in our mind. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds, we will find it in our lives.” – Louise L. Hay
It’s easy to blame external circumstances for our feelings of anxiety, but it’s not that simple. The only thing that has control over you is your mind. Eliminate negative thinking so that you can find harmony and balance in your life.
4. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” – Buddha
Feeling resentful causes a disruption of peace because it creates a toxic mindset. Resentment forces you to focus on being angry at someone.
With those negative feelings, you won’t feel calm, and your anxiety will skyrocket. Learn to let go of resentment so that you can find peace in your life.
5. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” – Saint Francis de Sales
When you slow down, you’ll feel calm and have less anxiety. Don’t hurry, and you’ll feel more relaxed as you go about your daily tasks. With relaxation and less anxious feelings, you’ll do everything in a calm spirit.
Even when things don’t go as planned, remember this inner peace quote. It’ll help you slow down during upsetting moments, allowing your mind to return to a calm state.
6. “The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace. A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being that places harmony in one’s life.” – Peace Pilgrim
If your goal is to feel calm and have less anxiety, start by simplifying your life. When you simplify, you’ll feel harmonious and notice an improvement in your overall well-being.
7. “Happiness can only be achieved by looking inward & learning to enjoy whatever life has, and this requires transforming greed into gratitude.” – John Chrysostom
You can only find inner peace and happiness within, so don’t waste time looking anywhere else. When you look within, you can enjoy the great things you already have in your life.
8. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Finding inner peace requires more than just saying that you want it. You must also believe that you can achieve it, and you must be willing to work for it.
9. “How we perceive a situation and how we react to it is the basis of our stress. If you focus on the negative in any situation, you can expect high stress levels. However, if you try and see the good in the situation, your stress levels will greatly diminish.” – Catherine Pulsifer
You will always experience unexpected situations in life, and the way you react makes all the difference. Focus on the positives in seemingly bad experiences, and you’ll feel calm and have less anxiety.
10. “To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.” – Jill Bolte Taylor
Even the most peaceful people experience hardships and obstacles. If you want to find peace amidst chaos, look within to find the calm mindset that you need.
11. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
You can’t control the way other people behave, so don’t let it disrupt your peace of mind. No matter what the other person does, you can choose positivity over everything.
12. “When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again.” – Roy T. Bennett
If you always do the right thing, you won’t have to worry about something as much. Whenever you choose to make it, go with what you think is right, and you’ll always experience peace.
13. “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” – J. Donald Walters
Running from your problems will only disrupt your peace and make you feel unsettled. Face your issues, instead, so that you can work your way through and find peace again. You’ll feel better once it’s over, and the anxiety will ease.
14. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William S. Burroughs
When you want to feel calm, try sitting quietly and easing your thoughts a little. The answer will come to you when your mind is clear, so remember this quote to help ease your mind.
15. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past, if you are anxious, you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
Anytime you feel anxious, check your thoughts and see what you’re thinking about. Chances are, you’re thinking about something that hasn’t happened and might not ever happen. Reel your ideas in and focus on the present instead.
16. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
It’s not always possible to change your circumstance, but you can reflect and find out how to make it work. Whenever you feel stuck in an unfavorable situation, focus on learning more about yourself on the deepest level, as Tolle explains. Then, you’ll find that you feel calm and have less anxiety.
17. “Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are.” – Hafsat Abiola
If you try your best and allow everyone else to contribute, too, you’ll experience inner peace. When everyone works together, everything else seems to fall into place.
18. “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past and is, therefore, the means for correcting our misperceptions.” – Gerald Jampolsky
Anytime you hold a grudge or harbor anger toward someone, you hinder your ability to feel calm. Learn to forgive others, and you’ll have less anxiety and feel better overall.
19. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Wayne Dyer
You won’t find inner peace if you don’t accept life as it is right now. Life won’t always work out the way you want it to, but you must learn to process reality.
20. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” – John F. Kennedy
For inner peace to last, you must continually change your mindset. Every time something in your life changes, you’ll have to process and change, too.
Final Thoughts on Inner Peace Quotes to Make You Feel Calm and Have Less Anxiety
These inner peace quotes can help you feel calm and have less anxiety. Remember your favorite ones and recall them anytime you need help relaxing your mind. With serene thoughts, you’ll feel better and experience happiness throughout your day. Use these inner peace quotes as a way to boost your positive mindset each day.