Do you feel emotionally disconnected from yourself often, and have no idea how to tune back into just “being you”? It feels as though you live in your head too much, and feel cynical about the world around you. You feel disconnected from your body, and don’t have a true, meaningful relationship with yourself.
You just feel a bit lost and detached from your body and spirit, and may reject all spiritual notions simply because you can’t see past the illusions presented to you in this reality.
If this sounds like you, you might have a blocked crown chakra. The crown chakra, or the seventh and final chakra, is located at the top of the head or slightly above the head. This chakra represents your connection to Spirit, or the realms beyond this earthly plane that we currently live in.
Below, let’s talk a bit more about the crown chakra, and what you can do to get it unblocked.
If you feel emotionally detached, this may be why…
The Sanskrit name for the crown chakra is “Sahasrara,” which means “Thousand petals.” It’d most commonly represented by the color white, which symbolizes our connection with the Divine, God, Source, or whatever you prefer to call it.
Characteristics of the crown chakra:
- Awareness of higher consciousness, wisdom, of what is sacred
- Connection with the formless, the limitless
- Realization, liberation from limiting patterns
- Communion with higher states of consciousness, with
- Ecstasy, bliss
Ultimately, the crown chakra represents our ability to transcend our limitations, and believe in things beyond our sight or comprehension. It also represents our ability to connect with all of life, and become fully aware of ourselves and how we fit into the bigger picture.
The crown chakra blends the functions of all the chakras below it. When balanced, we will feel totally connected to the Universe and all its inhabitants, and trust in our hearts and intuition that something out there will come to our aid when we need it most.
A second function of the crown chakra deals with opening ourselves up to higher states of consciousness, which can be done in part by healing our pineal gland.
SIGNS OF A BLOCKED CROWN CHAKRA:
A blocked crown chakra can make you feel disengaged from life and disconnected from yourself. It can also make you feel cynical and wary of any sort of spiritual notions. Being out of sync with the crown means that you have either an underactive or overactive seventh chakra. You either feel totally disconnected from your body and spirit, or feel so connected to your higher self that you lose touch from reality. If you have an overactive crown chakra, you might appear to others as flighty, or not grounded.
The following are symptoms of an imbalanced crown chakra:
- Disconnected from Spirit, and cynical about all spiritual matters
- On the contrary, an overactive crown chakra could manifest as a disconnection from reality
- Paying too much attention to your thoughts and not feeling connected to your body or spirit
- Too attached to the spiritual world (if you have an overactive crown)
- Greed and materialism
- Boredom and frustration
- A sense of elitism
- Sleep disorders
- Learning disabilities
A blocked crown chakra can seriously inhibit your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, while also connecting to the higher realms. A crown chakra blockage can make it difficult to believe in anything beyond what you see before you, which might make you cynical and narrow-minded in terms of other people’s beliefs and experiences. This blockage usually means that some of your other chakras have blockages, as the energy of these moves upward through our crown chakra.
Upon opening this chakra, you will find that you can connect successfully to the higher realms, and will gain comfort from the messages you receive. This will make you more grateful and aware of your current life here on Earth.
Some common physical symptoms of blockage include:
- Neurological disorders
- Nerve pain
- Thyroid and pineal gland disorders
- Recurring headaches, migraines
- Schizophrenia and delusional disorders
Emotional signs of crown chakra blockage
- Isolation and loneliness; inability to connect with others
- Lack of direction
- Inability to set or maintain goals
- Feeling disconnected spiritually
An imbalanced crown chakra can lead to two extremes; either being totally uninterested in this reality because you have found connections in higher realms, or being out of touch with yourself and your body, which leads you to feeling cynical and depressed. If you feel that you have a blocked crown chakra, read on to find out how to clear this blockage so you can enjoy life to the fullest, and really get a sense of belonging in this world and beyond.
What to do about a blocked crown chakra
Clearing the crown chakra involves a lot of energy healing and learning to tap into the higher realms through your intuition and connection to yourself.
A few beginner steps to clear the crown chakra include:
- First, you need to work on opening the other chakras, so that you can remain balanced throughout your spirit. Then, once you have done this, meditate or use positive affirmations such as “I am Divine” in order to open your crown.
- Reconnect with nature as much as possible. We have lost our connection with ourselves because we have turned our backs on nature, so try to spend as much time with Her as possible.
- Incorporate white colors into your life to help boost this chakra’s energy. Wear white clothing and place white objects around the home.
- Do different types of energy healing, such as aromatherapy, sound therapy, crystal healing, etc.
- Turn off electronics and other distractions as much as possible so you can really tune into yourself and listen to what Spirit is telling you.
(C) POWER OF POSITIVITY, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: