If you want to experience life satisfaction, reading contentment quotes can help you get there. Contentment means that you have ease of mind and regularly experience a state of happiness. It can be hard to stay content when you’re feeling down, but these contentment quotes can help you remember that your life is good.
Feeling satisfied with your life requires that you learn how to be happy. If you find happiness in everything you do, you will become content with whatever you get in life. Even when things don’t go as planned, you can still experience contentment.
While many people think that financial wealth leads to a contented life, it isn’t always true. As long as you enjoy your life right now, you will experience satisfaction regardless of how much money you have. Plus, even the wealthiest people can become dissatisfied with their life.
Fifteen Contentment Quotes to Remember When You’re Down
When you’re feeling down, the best contentment quotes are ones that remind you that happiness is essential in your life. Happiness requires that you live in the moment without worrying about what the future holds for you. If you live this way, you’ll learn to be content with what you already have, helping you embrace all of your blessings.
No matter what is going on in your life, you have plenty of blessings to be thankful for. Focus on the good things in your life each day and, before you know it, you’ll make gratitude a habit. If you always think of the items and people you have in your life, you’ll experience happiness.
Please don’t dwell on past misfortunes because it’ll only disrupt your peace in life. Everyone has things from their past that they aren’t proud of, so let them go and focus on what you have now. If everyone wasted their time and energy ruminating about the past, no one would feel fulfilled.
2. “Contentment is a state of happiness and satisfaction. The choices we make are our own decisions for how we want to live our life.” – Ellen J. Barrier
With contentment, you’ll find that you love your life. You will be okay with how things are going, and you’ll be thankful for what you have. Plus, you’ll understand that your decisions are a reflection of how you live your life.
3. “If you’re not content with the small things, then you won’t be content with the big things.” – Anthony Liccione
Being happy with the small things in life will help you be more comfortable overall. Plus, as Liccione explains, it’ll help you be more content with the significant experiences in your life. Learn to embrace all the small blessings because they’ll help you find happiness.
4. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” – Dale Carnegie
Many people think that happiness only comes to certain people or in specific places. However, this idea is false because none of it matters in the end. When it comes to contentment in life, it all depends on the way that you think.
5. “To be content doesn’t mean you don’t desire more, it means you’re thankful for what you have and patient for what’s to come.” – Tony Gaskins
It’s okay to want more out of life. You should have goals and dreams, and you should always work towards something. However, embrace what you have right now, too.
Learn to love your life right now, even as you work to better yourself and improve your circumstance. Practice being patient for the future, and live your life in the present moment.
6. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
Believe in yourself, accept yourself, and aim for contentment in life. If you can do those things, you won’t need approval from anyone else. You’ll know that you are a valuable and worthy person that deserves happiness in life.
7. “It’s almost impossible to be satisfied in your own life if you’re constantly looking at what someone else has.” – Rachael Cruze
Don’t worry about what others have, and don’t spend your time looking on with envy. Embrace what you have and learn to appreciate what is right in front of you. If you stop looking at others, you won’t have much reason to experience dissatisfaction in life.
You can’t change the past, so regret won’t help you experience happiness. Living in fear of the future won’t help you, either, because you’ll begin to dread the things to come. Instead, let go of regret and anxiety so that you can focus on your present happiness.
9. “Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.” – Gautama Buddha
If you can’t appreciate the things that you already have, then you won’t experience contentment. When you want to experience fulfillment, look around at all of your blessings. Your thoughts determine your happiness level, so keep thinking about gratitude.
10. “When we cannot find contentment in ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
You can’t find contentment in an outside source. Instead, it would help if you found peace and happiness within, or you won’t find it anywhere at all. If you’re feeling down right now, don’t seek solace anywhere but in yourself.
11. “Gratitude and love are always multiplied when you give freely. It is an infinite source of contentment and prosperous energy.” – Jim Fargiano
If you want to experience contentment, remember this quote from Fargiano. You can give as much gratitude and love as you want, and you won’t run out or feel depleted. Instead, you’ll experience contentment and positivity in your life.
12. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” – Frank Clark
You won’t ever be satisfied if you don’t start to appreciate what you have right now. If you’re always wishing for more rather than embracing what you have, try to make a change. Otherwise, you’ll always feel like something is missing from your life.
Additionally, don’t assume you’ll feel better when you reach a specific goal. That type of mindset will only leave you dissatisfied no matter how many goals you reach. If you aren’t feeling fulfilled now, you won’t be when you achieve your dreams, either.
13. “Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside.” – Unknown
If you’re searching for happiness, you don’t have to look very far. It’s a waste of time to look anywhere else because your happiness already lies within you. Searching anywhere else will only lead to further disappointment, so start within first.
14. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
How you feel about your life right now depends on your mindset rather than what you’re going through. You can go through a hard time and still experience happiness and peace. Likewise, you can go through an exciting time in your life and experience unhappiness.
As Washington explains, your circumstances don’t determine how you feel about your life. When you’re feeling down, remember this quote to help you shift your mindset. Once you start thinking positively again, you’ll begin to experience happiness.
15. “Having contentment and gratitude in the present moment is the surest way to achieve success.” – Bryant McGill
Embrace the moment you are in right now. Avoid thinking about the past or worrying about the future. If you can live in the moment and focus on positivity right now, you’ll experience peace in your life.
With peace and contentment, you’ll be more focused on the essential things in your life. You can tackle any obstacle and overcome setbacks. Because of these things, reaching a state of contentment means you’re more likely to achieve success.
When you’re feeling down, it’s hard to focus on all of the great things you have in your life. Use these contentment quotes to help you remember why you should be happy. When you can focus on the present and embrace the people and things that you have, you’ll experience happiness in life.
These contentment quotes come from people who have been in your position before. They felt the same way that you do now, and they learned to overcome. Remembering these contentment quotes will help you shift your mindset and become content with your life once again.