Everyone has dreams, but only some people chase them. Life sometimes gets in the way of chasing dreams, especially if you feel like you must put them on the backburner. You might even make excuses about why you can’t go after what you want.
If you make excuses about why you can’t focus on chasing dreams, these quotes can help you. The words of wisdom can help you remember why chasing dreams is so important in your life. However, even if you don’t make excuses, these quotes can help any dreamer stay motivated.
Chasing dreams can help you live the life you want to live, rather than the life someone else wanted for you. Plus, chasing your dreams can help you experience happiness and fulfillment as you work toward something that you find meaningful.
Fifteen Quotes That Explain the Importance of Chasing Dreams
These quotes that explain the importance of chasing dreams will also give you inspiration and motivation. You can use these words of wisdom to help you refocus and overcome obstacles along the way, too. As you work on something you’re passionate about, these quotes will help you remember how important it is to be a dreamer.
1. “You must go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up, and everything has meaning.” – Barbara Sher
Everyone wishes for things, but you don’t have to sit back and keep wishing that your life was different. When you know what you want in life, go after it because it’s the only way to make it happen. Once you take the first step toward achieving your dreams, your life will take on a new meaning and become more fulfilling.
2. “Living in your comfort zone can even be more stressful than pursuing your dream. So why are you accustomed to your stagnant life?” – Oscar Bimpong
When you live in your comfort zone, there is no hope of reaching your dreams. If you know you won’t ever get where you want to be, you’ll constantly feel stressed out. You’ll always wish for more, and you will likely feel envious of those pursuing their dreams.
While it might be easier to stay in your comfort zone, you won’t feel better about it. Remember this quote the next time you’re tempted to pass up an opportunity or experience. Go after what you want, or you’ll always find yourself wishing for more but feeling stuck where you are now.
3. “Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” – Gloria Steinem
If you don’t have big dreams to chase, you won’t feel excited about the possibilities ahead of you. With wishes for the future, you’ll always find a sense of excitement in your life. The excitement will keep you feeling motivated and inspired as you start planning and tackling each step.
4. “Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost legendary. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge
The most critical aspect of reaching your dreams is pushing on despite obstacles and setbacks. You can’t give up when things get hard, or you won’t ever get to where you want to be. Persevere and keep trying so that you can live the life of your dreams.
It doesn’t matter how talented or intelligent you are when it comes to chasing your dreams. While those aspects can help, they won’t make everything happen for you. You must keep chasing your dreams and trying again until you’ve reached your goals.
5. “Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious, and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.” – Stephen Hawking
As you chase your dreams, you’ll begin to make sense of the world around you. You’ll understand why things happen the way that they do, and you’ll be curious about the universe. With understanding and curiosity, you’ll always push through, even when things get complicated.
Don’t give up on your big dreams when things get tricky because that’s the most crucial time to keep trying. No matter what, you can always take a step in the right direction, as Hawking explains.
6. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your destiny.” – Albert Ellis
You’re in control of your life, even when unexpected things happen. When problems arise, you must recognize that you are responsible for them. You can’t blame others for your problems because you can make a change in your life at any moment.
While other people and things can affect your life, they don’t control it. No matter what happens, you control your actions, thoughts, and behavior. As you chase your dreams, remember that you control your destiny, and no one else can take it away from you.
7. “Know without a shadow of a doubt that what you want most is coming straight to you.” – Katherine Hurst
Have faith that everything you want in life will come to you. As long as you keep chasing your dreams, you can rest assured you’ll achieve them.
8. “It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth – and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up – that we will begin to live each day to the fullest as if it was the only one we had.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
You never know when your last day on earth will be. Don’t waste a single day doing meaningless things that don’t make you feel fulfilled. Embrace each day that you have, and take a step to reach your goal every time.
If you can remember this quote by Kubler-Ross, you’ll remember the importance of chasing dreams. Don’t let a single opportunity or experience pass you by that you might regret later.
9. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” – Seth Godin
When you fail at something, at least you can say that you started and gave it a shot. Then, you can try again, learning from your mistakes as you go along. However, if you never get started, you’ll never have learning opportunities guiding you toward your dreams.
10. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
Your dreams might take a while to accomplish, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get started. The time passes no matter what you do with it, so make the most of the time. If you don’t chase your dreams, you waste time instead.
11. “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance – and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.” – Oprah Winfrey