Whether it’s your or your friend’s special day, birthday quotes can help with the celebration. If you don’t know what to say or how to celebrate, these birthday quotes are the perfect option. The quotes will help you remember all you have to celebrate, and they’ll give you a meaningful message to share.
Using quotes about birthdays will give you something to write on a birthday card. Or, you can send the birthday quotes in a text message. Whichever way you choose to share the celebratory messages, the quotes are sure to bring a smile to the receiver.
With these quotes, you can make the next birthday you celebrate a special one. Once you’ve found the perfect one to use, make sure to use it for the celebration.
20 Birthday Quotes to Help Celebrate the Special Day
1. “A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Pulsifer’s advice for celebrating a birthday is spot on and can help you in many ways. Spend some time reflecting on the past year, but don’t fixate on the memories. Make sure you also set upcoming goals and know where the next year is heading for you.
2. “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” – George Meredith
Birthdays are a way of counting all the years you have lived, but it is more than just the number. Make sure each year is meaningful and fulfilling. By making the years count, you’ll experience a joyful life full of happy memories.
3. “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” – Sammy Hagar
While every day is a chance to start over, the day of your birth is even more significant. Your birthday can be your chance to start over each year.
Starting over doesn’t mean that you have to give up what you have now. Instead, it means making life-changing adjustments to your life. Choose an area of your life that doesn’t bring joy, and start new to improve your life.
4. “Birthdays come around every year, but friends like you only come once in a lifetime. I’m so glad you came into my life. Best wishes on your special day.” – Unknown
If it’s your friend’s special day, then this is one of the best birthday quotes to use. The quote will let your friend know how special they are and how much you enjoy having them in your life.
You can share it as a text message or write it on a card. Either way, your friend will love your well-wishes, and it’ll bring a smile to their face.
5. “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling you to eat more cake.” – Jo Brand
If you’re looking for an excuse to indulge in a sweet treat, this quote is the one for you. Use your special day (or your friend’s special day) as a reason to eat a little more cake. Even if you don’t celebrate another way, eating cake will make it a special day.
6. “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be again.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Let your birthday remind you that you’re older and wiser than you’ve ever been before. Plus, let it serve as a reminder that time isn’t slowing down. You’ll never be younger than you are right now, so embrace each moment and live life to the fullest.
7. “May you live all the days of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
Waking up each day doesn’t mean you are living life. If you become passive in life, you’ll no longer enjoy the little moments or fully celebrate the more significant experiences. Follow Swift’s advice and make sure you live each day.
8. “Whether you live to be 50 or 100 makes no difference, if you made no difference in the world.” – Jarod Kintz
At the end of your life, your age doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is the difference you made in the world. Use your birthday as a chance to focus on making a difference.
While you don’t have to rush out on the day of your birthday, make it a point to start thinking ahead. Spend part of your birthday celebration thinking about your future and what you will do to make a difference in life.
9. “Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of ‘you to the world.” – Unknown
On your birthday, the best way to celebrate is to celebrate you. You are a valuable person to everyone around you, so celebrate the unique person you are. Do the things that make you happy and spend time with the people who mean the most to you.
10. “I didn’t know it at the time, but the day you were born would be one of the best days of my life! Happy Birthday to my best friend!” – Unknown
This quote is another one perfect for your best friend. Their special day is a celebration for you, too, because it’s the day a special person was born. This quote can help celebrate their day as it serves as a moment of excitement and love for everyone.
Each year on your birthday, remember this positive quote reminding you how to live life to the fullest. You can also use this quote in a message to a friend or loved one. The words will help with celebrating the special day.
12. “The great thing about getting older is you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” – Madeleine L’Engle
Even as your age increases, you still keep all of your past experiences within you. You’re still the same person, but you grow and develop as you get older. This quote can help you embrace the past while celebrating the present.
13. “The year you were born marks only your entry into the world. Other years where you prove your worth, they are the ones worth celebrating.” – Jarod Kintz
On your birthday, celebrate the year past. Make each year one worth celebrating, and remember this quote on your special day. It’ll help you embrace your day as you look forward to proving your worth in the year to come.
14. “Today, you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness.” – Debasish Mridha
View your special day as a stepping stone of knowledge and wisdom. With each life experience and each year that passes, you develop a little more. When you view your birthday this way, it helps you celebrate the joy and happiness accompanying enlightenment.
15. “I didn’t know it at the time, but the day you were born would be one of the best days of my life! Happy Birthday to my best friend!” – Unknown
This is another birthday quote for a close friend. When you fill out their birthday card or send them a message on their special day, this quote is the perfect one to include. It’ll show them how valuable they are to you, and it’ll bring a smile to their face.
16. “You were born and with you endless possibilities, very few ever to be realized. It’s okay. Life was never about what you could do, but what you would do.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
On your birthday, remember that it doesn’t matter if you did everything that you possibly could. There’s never enough time to do everything, so don’t let it bring you down.
Focus on the things that you did do and the ones that you’ll do in the future. When you think this way, it helps bring joy to your special day.
17. “I believe that no matter what condition you are in, when someone close to your heart remembers your birthday and wishes you a happy birthday, you feel happy.” – A. Singla
If you remember this quote, it helps you celebrate your special day or a friend’s birthday. When you remember that a birthday wish makes all the difference, it’ll take on a whole new meaning. Embrace the well-wishes you receive, and don’t forget to wish others a happy birthday, too.
18. “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made.” – Robert Browning
This birthday quote helps you embrace growing older rather than dreading it. As Browning explains, the best is ahead of you, and you’re sure to experience joy.
19. “A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.” – Amit Kalantri
Each birthday you have is a chance to celebrate another year of life and the year that just passed. It’s also a chance to update your life and improve the areas you aren’t satisfied with. Remember this quote so that you can embrace years past while striving to do better.
20. “A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.” – Unknown
While a year seems like a long time, it isn’t that much time. It’s one trip, so embrace every bit of it and enjoy your experiences. Remember this quote and start making meaningful memories as you celebrate your day.
Some people view birthdays as just another day in their life, but these special days should be celebrated. Use these birthday quotes to help celebrate so that you can embrace birthdays the way they should be.
Whether you use the birthday quotes yourself or share them with someone else, these are the perfect messages. Use the quotes as a reminder of all that you have to celebrate and bring a smile to the face of your loved ones.