Life can be challenging sometimes. When we are having a difficult time, it’s wonderful to be able to turn to quotes about happiness to change our perspective. Happiness quotes refresh the mind and spirit and remind us of what is truly important. Searching for quotes about happiness will put your mind in a brighter place. When you find the best quotes about happiness, you’ll be able to relate to their uplifting words.
These happiness quotes come from a wide variety of sources, from literary and historical figures to current celebrities. Each of these people has shared a bit of wisdom in the form of quotes about happiness. The best happiness quotes are those that resonate with our situation. Find your happy thoughts here in these quotes.
17 Inspiring Quotes About Happiness That Will Bring You Joy
1. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.”
2. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
3. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.”
4. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
5. “There’s nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.”
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
6. “You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.”
Lauren Oliver, Delirium
7. “I’d far rather be happy than right any day.”
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
8. “I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. Nothing else.”
Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek
9. “I do not miss childhood, but I miss the way I took pleasure in small things, even as greater things crumbled. I could not control the world I was in, could not walk away from things or people or moments that hurt, but I took joy in the things that made me happy.”
Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane
10. “A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one’s neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.”
Leo Tolstoy, Family Happiness
11. “The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life.”
Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
12. “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”
Martin Luther King Jr.
13. “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”
Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
14. “You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drummer. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.”
Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
15. “I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness.”
16. “I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it because it is very true.”
17. “I am very happy
Because I have conquered myself
And not the world.
I am very happy
Because I have loved the world
And not myself.”
These 17 quotes about happiness will uplift you and give you a reason to push forward when life seems difficult. The best happiness quotes give us hope when we need it most. Enjoy turning to these happiness quotes when you are in need. Share them with your friends if they need a pick-me-up.
(C)Power of Positivity, LLC. All rights reserved