Many of us search for happiness without realizing that happiness isn’t as far as we might think. While life has its fair share of highs and lows, we can all find joy in every moment. Be happy!
The Best Quotes About Being Happy
The best quotes about being happy reveal the truth: happiness is something each one of us has to cultivate for ourselves. Even in the darkest of situations, we can find that bright light inside of us to keep the flame of happiness burning. The following 31 quotes about being happy show you how to find happiness for yourself:
1. “Freedom is found in doing things you like. Happiness is found in liking everything you do.” –Frank Tyger
We won’t always get to do what we want in life, but if we can find something positive to appreciate everything in life, happiness won’t be far away.
2. “Be happy with all that you have. Get excited about everything you want.” — Alan Cohen
Gratitude is at the heart of happiness. Once you love what you have, you’ll have room to be excited about all the goals you’re working towards in life.
3. “Life’s a journey. If you start falling in love with the journey, you’ll feel this love forever.” –Peter Hagerty
Life is only enjoyed once you learn to start appreciating and loving every aspect of the journey.
4. “Much of the anxiety that we feel doesn’t happen as a result of too much work. We feel this anxiety from never finishing what we start.” –David Allen”
Stress is prevalent in today’s world, but we have the ability to reign in this anxiety. Work to follow through on all your personal projects and work responsibilities to improve your happiness.
5. “Looking to others to fulfill you will leave you forever unfulfilled. Be content with everything you have and rejoice in how things are. Once you see there’s nothing lacking, your world will belong to you.” –Lao Tzu
Though we tend to look outside ourselves for fulfillment in life, this will never make us happy. Look to yourself and understand that everything you have is everything you need.
6. “Anyone that wants to be happy must set a goal to command their thoughts, liberate their energies, and inspire their hopes.” –Andrew Carnegie
Happiness must be manifested. By setting out to create happiness through your thoughts and actions, you’ll find it.
7. “One’s capacity to find happiness in things and objects is only a cover for the more important range of psychological and emotional needs, like the need for love, respect, expression, and understanding.” –Alain De Botton
Don’t make the mistake of sacrificing your essential connections in life for material objects–this will rob you of happiness.
8. “Happiness isn’t a place that one can travel to, own, earn, wear, or consume. Happiness is an experience that one can gain by practicing grace, gratitude, and love.” –Denis Waitley
We create our own happiness by being graceful, gracious, and loving.
9. “Happiness isn’t a station one arrives at–it’s a way of traveling through life.” –Margaret Lee Runbeck
Many of us make the mistake of spending our time trying to find something that makes us happy. By cultivating a positive mindset, we can learn to live in happiness.
10. “One finds joy not in finishing something but in the process of doing it.” –Greg Anderson
Learn to live joyfully rather than waiting to reach a goal you think will make you happy.
11. “Reflect on each of your blessings rather than past misfortunes.” –Charles Dickens
Happiness is at the heart of gratitude. As such, counting your blessings will improve your joy.
12. “Even the happiest lives aren’t without some measure of darkness. However, it’s far better to accept what comes with equanimity and patience.”–Carl Jung
Happiness isn’t a cure-all for life’s troubles. Even as you strive to be happy, remember to have patience when the sad and dark times do happen.
13. “Though one door may close, another will open. We often look to the closed door and we miss the one that has opened for us.” –Helen Keller
Quotes about being happy like this one show us how focusing on the negative aspects of life will cause us to miss out on our greatest treasures.
14. “One finds happiness by appreciating what they have, not necessarily having what they want.” –Unknown
We won’t always get everything we want in life. However, the more we grow to appreciate everything we have, the easier it will be to achieve happiness.
15. “True happiness comes from one enjoying themselves.”–Joseph Addison
Self-love is the key to true happiness.
16. “Happiness is a state of consciousness that comes from achieving one’s values.” –Ayn Rand
Living life in a way that aligns with our values is key in our journey of living a happy life.
17. “Many of us are as happy as we decide to be.” –William Adams
Oftentimes, the only thing standing between our happiness is our decision to live that way.
18. “Happiness is wanting whatever you get while success is getting everything you want.” –Dale Carnegie
Though we all strive to be successful, it is possible to be happy in every circumstance.
19. “Money doesn’t bring creativity and happiness. Your happiness and creativity bring money.” –Sam Rosen
Many people believe that happiness is found in a certain amount of financial success. However, it is by being happy and harnessing one’s creativity that one will reach true success.
20. “Happiness is experienced through loving life.” –Robert McPhillips
Falling in love with life may be harder than it sounds, but learning to love and live in the moment is the truest form of happiness.
21. “Give me the serenity to accept what I can’t change, the courage to change what I can, and the sense to understand the difference.” –Reinhold Niebuhr