If you were born before the year 2000, then you probably feel like the world we live in now just doesn’t compare. Who can forget listening to CD’s that our best friends burned for us, watching all the 90’s cartoons, or waiting for someone to get off the phone so we could use the Internet? Ahh, simpler, more positive times, how we miss them so. We hope this list of all the things that existed before the year 2000 will bring you a sense of nostalgia and take you on a trip back to the good ol’ days.
Here are 30 things people born after the year 2000 will never understand:
1. Burning songs on a CD
2. The days of ring pops and developing film
3. How excited we got when this rolled into the classroom
4. How we could watch The Sandlot over and over and it would never get old
5. Picking up our pictures at Walgreens when they were developed
6. Signing into your account on Windows
7. People born after the year 2000 will never know the excitement of buying a new toy at Toys R’ Us or going to Blockbuster on a Friday night.
8. Our massive Pokemon card collection
9. Our version of video games
10. The days long before the Wii
11. Playing video games on a Sega
Happy 27th Birthday Sonic! Easy to remember this date for me as it was my Birthday yesterday and it’s my Son’s tomorrow ? This is one of my most prized possessions, Sonic the Hedgehog sealed blister packet. #sega #mastersystem #retro #retrogamer #retrogaming #retrogames #retrocollector #retrocollective #retrocollectiveus #sonicmania #videogames #8bit #nintendo #segagenesis #nerdlife #sonic #nes #megadrive #gameroom #mancave #Gaminglife #nerd #90s #90skids #geek #genesis #nineties #shelfie #sonicthehedgehog #sonicboom
12. Who these people/cartoons are
13. The truth behind this statement
14. Watching everything on VHS
15. How long it took to put our favorite songs on a CD
16. The horror of this image
17. Playgrounds that were actually fun
18. People born after the year 2000 will never understand having to get off the phone to use the Internet.
19. One of the best shows on Nickelodeon
20. One of the best party favors you could get in the 90s
21. Playing 4 square at recess