Quotes about happiness can help us focus on the good aspects of life. Having a lighthearted, grateful attitude can make life’s challenges easier to endure. When you are searching for fulfillment, these happiness quotes will help you focus your energy on what is most important to you.
Use these happiness quotes to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down. Let them guide you to a place where you are looking forward to the future and not dwelling on the past. True happiness quotes will illuminate the dark parts of your life and set you free from constant worrying. These quotes on happiness can help you focus on what is most important in life.
8 Happiness Quotes to Inspire You
1. “Once in a while, amidst all your bad days, you’ll have a good day. A great day even. Make sure you remember those days. Keep them safely in your pockets, maybe even a jar on your desk because you need to know that there are and will be better days. You need to remember how on those days you felt warm inside, like you’ve just drunk a hot cup of tea; like a small fire was ignited inside of you. Hold on to that warmth. And never let it go.”
2. “You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it’ll be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.”
– John Green
3. “An amazing thing happens when you get honest with yourself and start doing what you love. Your life literally slows down. You stop wishing for the weekend. You stop merely looking forward to special events. Begin to live in each moment and you start feeling like a human being. You just ride the wave that is life, with this feeling of contentment and joy. You move fluidly, steadily, calm and grateful. A veil is lifted, and a whole new perspective is born.”
4. “Don’t rush and never settle. If it’s meant to be, it will be.”
5. “Everything in life is art. What you do. How you dress. The way you love someone, and how you talk. Your smile and your personality. What you believe in, and all your dreams. The way you drink your tea. How you decorate your home. Or party. … How your writing looks. And the way you feel. Life is art.”
– Helena Bonham Carter
And a Few More …
6. “The decision to be positive is not one that disregards or belittles sadness that exists. It is rather a conscious choice to focus on the good and to cultivate happiness – genuine happiness. Happiness is not a limited resource. When we devote our energy and time to trivial matters and choose to stress over things that ultimately are insignificant, from that point, we perpetuate our own sadness and lose sight of the things that really make us happy and rationalize our way out of doing amazing things.”
– Christopher Aiff
7. “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering – these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love – these are what we stay alive for.”
– Dead Poets Society
8. “For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don’t enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are you’re not going to be very happy. Someone [who] bases his/her happiness on major events like a great job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, isn’t going to be happy much of the time. If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness.”
– Andy Rooney
These quotes on happiness will help you to see the positive in your life every day. Even when things are difficult, you can hang onto the promise of future happiness. Often, happiness means letting go of the things we can’t control. Quotes about happiness can give you something to hold onto. These happiness quotes are selected to uplift your mood and to make you smile. Spread these happiness quotes to your friends and family if they need a lift.