Each person is different and has unique qualities and characteristics, and these things are the reason others love someone. You should see yourself in that same light and embrace your differences. These quotes on loving yourself will help you understand how important this is because you deserve self-love.
When you can love yourself, you’ll be able to give more love and affection to those around you. Without self-love, you won’t have as much to give, as these quotes on loving yourself will explain. To fully embrace your life and those who are important to you, you have to accept yourself.
Loving yourself may be hard sometimes, but you must learn how to do it despite anything else. You have to love yourself during the hard times as well as the good times. When things aren’t going as planned, you should focus on self-love even more, to help get you through.
If you can do this and focus on loving yourself, you will become stronger and braver. You will see that you can do anything and accomplish whatever you set your mind to.
Fifteen Quotes on Loving Yourself
If you ever find yourself struggling with self-love, remember these quotes on loving yourself.
1. “You were born an original work of art. Stay original always. Originals cost more than imitations.” – Suzy Kassem
Everyone is different, and those differences are what make you special. You are meant to be who you are, so embrace every unique thing about yourself.
Stay true to yourself and never waver in who you are because you are special. The real you is worth much more than the you who tries to fit in with everyone.
2. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
As long as you accept yourself, you will be beautiful. When you are comfortable in your skin and comfortable with yourself, your beauty will shine through. Don’t worry about what other people think of you. Instead, only work to approve yourself.
3. “When admiring other people’s gardens, don’t forget to tend to your own flowers.” – Sanober Khan
It is normal and okay to admire what other people have and the lives they live. Don’t let that admiration turn into envy, however. Instead, put your energy into loving yourself so that you can grow and develop, too.
4. “No other love no matter how genuine it is can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love.” – Edmond Mbiaka
You can try to love other people and have them love you, but you won’t feel content unless you love yourself. Self-love is the most fulfilling love, and it will help you accept and give love to others more positively.
Don’t let the love you have for yourself waver. Accept who you are, forgive yourself for mistakes, and love yourself always.
5. “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.” – Unknown
Loving yourself isn’t selfish. Instead, it is the only way to truly love anyone else.
So, if you want to love someone completely, you have to learn to love yourself. When you love yourself, you will be able to give fully to another person.
6. “Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” – Thaddeus Golas
Love yourself for whatever it is you choose to do in life. Likewise, love yourself for having feelings, too, as Golas explains.
By loving yourself for what you are doing and feeling, you will be living a life that you love. Plus, you’ll always feel good about yourself, and you won’t question who you are.
7. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
If you want to live a blessed life, learn to love yourself. You will love the life you live, and you will be full of joy and happiness.
If you don’t love yourself now, your life will seem to be without meaning. When you choose to love yourself, however, it will be full.
8. “Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others. Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion.” – Margot Anand
As stated before, loving yourself isn’t selfish. It doesn’t make you self-absorbed or narcissistic, either, as Anand explains. Plus, it doesn’t mean that you will disregard other people and their feelings.
Instead, it means that you know your self-worth and that you love and respect yourself. This will make you more aware of other people and their feelings. Plus, it will make you kinder and more thoughtful, too.
9. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
Everyone has a different story, and life goes in unexpected directions. Own what has happened to you and where you have been.
Then, accept all the things that didn’t go as planned. When you can do this, you’ll love yourself along the way, making you braver and stronger than ever.
10. “Respect, Love, and Value yourself. Always remember to be good to yourself by taking care of yourself. Make yourself a priority and know that it’s okay. Don’t feel guilty for loving yourself first! You’re just as important as anybody else.” – Stephanie Lahart
You have to take care of yourself, and this means showing yourself love and respect. Taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your loved ones. You shouldn’t feel guilty for doing it because you are just as valuable as those around you.
11. “You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.” – Teresa Collins
It will be impossible to live up to your potential if you don’t love yourself. Negative self-talk and constantly doubting yourself will stand in the way of your goals and dreams. Make sure you love yourself so that you can accomplish more in life.
12. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – Sandra Bierig
No one is perfect, and everyone has imperfections. Value these imperfections you see in yourself because they are what makes you unique. When you value the imperfects as much as you value perfection, you’ll find that you have truly accepted yourself.
13. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Unknown
Love yourself because you deserve it just as much as anyone else. You show love to those who are important to you, and you must show affection to yourself, too.
Remember that you can’t give to others if you are lacking. So, take care of your well-being so that you can take care of others. You deserve it just as much as you believe other people deserve it.
14. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
You can’t give genuine love to others if you don’t love yourself. Taking care of yourself is what leaves you fulfilled and capable of giving so much to someone else.
If you want to give your all to someone, make sure to take care of yourself first. It is the only way to truly love others because you have to have something left to give.
15. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
Every unique characteristic you possess is a gift and should be treated as such. There is a reason that you are the person you are, and it is imperative to acknowledge this.
Get to know and love yourself and learn all the things that make you different and special. You will find that you become much happier when you do this, and life will seem so much brighter.
As you go through life, remember these quotes on loving yourself. You deserve your love just as much, if not more than anyone else does. Always remember that you have to love and accept yourself if you want to truly give love to someone else.
Taking care of yourself and your well-being is essential to living a happy and fulfilling life. Make the time for yourself, and work on thinking positively about yourself.
When you can love yourself, so many more great things in life will become possible for you. Recall these quotes on loving yourself if you ever struggle, and you’ll be reminded of how much you deserve it.