Sometimes, a bad mood will strike for no apparent reason, and we feel like just crawling in bed to hide away from the pain and challenges of everyday life. However, we can’t just escape the obstacles and hang-ups that inevitably occur in life; we have to meet them head on, and deal with the bad moods whenever they arise. This doesn’t mean that you can’t feel negative emotions, but rather, learn how to understand what those feelings mean, and work through them in a positive manner. We hope the following quotes will help you to gain perspective and keep your cool whenever you feel in a bad mood.
11 Quotes To Remember When You’re In A Bad Mood
1. At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.
Life often unfolds very differently than how we imagined it. Next time you feel in a bad mood, just learn to work through it and accept the current reality. The more you fight it, the more the same situation will keep reappearing until you’ve learned the lesson. Let go, and let flow!
2. “She was brave and strong and broken all at once.” – Anna Funder
You don’t have to fight your feelings or put on some front – accept your feelings. It’s okay to be broken and fall down sometimes; bad moods don’t last forever, though, so remember this the next time one strikes. You still have incredible strength and fortitude even in times of despair; being human means feeling a wide range of emotions, so don’t beat yourself up for it.
3. Don’t judge. You don’t know what storms someone has just walked through.” – Kristen Butler
This one goes for yourself, too. Don’t judge yourself too harshly; you’ve made it this far in life and overcome incredible obstacles, so give yourself credit. A bad mood doesn’t make you a bad person.
4. Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity.
Do you feel that your bad mood came about due to your environment or people you surround yourself with? Remember that you can decide who or what to surround yourself with, so remain mindful of your energy around certain people or places. Distancing yourself from negativity can easily help you to uplift your moods.
5. When life is stressful, do something to lift your spirits. Go for a drive. Go two or three thousand miles away. Maybe change your name.
Okay, so maybe you don’t have to do anything this extreme, but the underlying meaning here is to not allow life to control you. Don’t allow your circumstances to dictate your mood – you get to decide what type of life you want to live. If your current situation makes you feel anything less than alive and puts you in a bad mood frequently, then change something! It’s never too late to make a radical lifestyle change.
6. Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.
Time doesn’t stop for anyone, so enjoy your life while it lasts. Bad moods come and go, but you can still find beauty in even the darkest of places.
7. Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun, regret nothing, and don’t let people bring you down.
In short, cherish every moment. Don’t let your bad mood become a bad week, month, or even year. Stop, smell the roses, and open your eyes to the neverending, beautiful miracle all around you.
8. Positive people also have negative thoughts, they just don’t let those thoughts grow and destroy them.
Before your thoughts give you a bad mood, monitor them to see if your thoughts truly reflect how you want to feel. You can transcend those heavy thoughts and bring positive energy to them so that the bad mood doesn’t even affect you in the first place!
9. Nothing soothes the soul like a walk on the beach.
Nature heals. If a bad mood strikes, try to spend some time outdoors – the fresh air, sunshine, and gentle breeze will wash away your troubles!
10. I have a lot to be thankful for.
Gratitude will quickly diminish any negative thoughts inside your mind. Thankfulness for life attracts abundance, which means that bad mood won’t last long if you remain in your heart space and choose to see the good in all situations.
11. Life is better when you’re laughing.
Above all else, remember not to take life so seriously. Laughing literally stops a bad mood in its tracks, so don’t forget to laugh today!
(C) Power of Positivity, LLC. All rights reserved
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: