How we begin our day usually sets the stage for how the rest of it will unfold. Many of us rush through our mornings and entire days, not giving a lot of thought to how we treat our bodies or what we put in them. Starting each day hydrated can make a huge difference in how your day goes, however, as eliminating toxins can allow your body to become rejuvenated and feel lighter. Better yet, adding lemon to your water will only increase the benefits you feel from nourishing and hydrating your body properly.
Lemon contains a lot of antioxidants and can repair the immune system naturally with vitamin C, bioflavonoids, citric acid, calcium, magnesium, pectin, and limonene.
Warm lemon water hydrates and oxygenates the body while also balancing our pH levels.
Adding lemon will also improve digestion, which will further help to eliminate toxins. Experts recommend drinking half your weight in ounces of water each day, but unfortunately, most people don’t drink near enough water for their age or weight.
Drinking lemon water may improve your relationship with water, since it will make each glass refreshing and add flavor to an otherwise tasteless beverage. Just make sure to add half of a freshly squeezed lemon to your water each morning, and continue this habit each time you have a new glass of water.
Adding lemon to your water will also provide nutrients like vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium, and fiber.
On another note, have you been trying to give up coffee? Warm lemon water might just serve as a suitable replacement, as many people who have tried to give up coffee have done so successfully by replacing it with lemon water. So, as if that isn’t enough to make you want to drink lemon water, we have some more benefits listed for you below!
11 Lemon Water Benefits You Didn’t Know About
1. Lemon water can lower your risk of having a stroke, according to the American Heart Association
2. It will give you clear skin and reduce signs of aging, including wrinkles
3. Detoxes and cleanses the system according to a study on lemon water’s ability to improve the liver’s functions
4. Lemon water can boost your mood due to the plentiful antioxidants and nutrients present
5. Brings your body’s pH levels back into alignment
6. Relieves pain in the joints
7. Alleviates hangovers
8. Keeps you satiated longer
9. Improves digestive health
10. Lemon water freshens the breath
11. Improves respiratory health
Here are a few more benefits, if you still need more convincing:
- can prevent UTI’s.
- improves adrenal health
- regulates metabolism
- enhances brain power
- strengthens immune system
- cleans the sinus cavities
- improves intestinal health
- eliminates high fevers
- prevents kidney stones
- improves breathing
- alleviates headaches and migraines
- can help with weight loss
Here are a few more interesting facts about lemon:
- Lemon is among nature’s top seven potassium sources. The mineral potassium promotes mental clarity and healthy blood pressure. If you pair lemon with something salty, it can help to regulate the body’s water balance.
- You can use lemon as an insect repellent.
- It can be used as a mouthwash; just add hot water.
- A tablespoon of lemon juice only contains 4 calories
During this time period on Earth, many people have started waking up to nature’s amazing healing powers, and have substituted old habits for much healthier, wholesome ones that actually improve their vitality. Drinking lemon water is just one of many ways to improve your health, and you can use lemon in a variety of other ways as well, such as in a salad dressing, sprinkled on a fruit salad, or even frozen to make healthy popsicles!
Many people want to improve their health, and luckily, they don’t have to look much further than their own kitchen to do so. What you eat can either promote sickness or health, so why not do your mind, body, and soul some good and opt for health instead of disease?
The smallest habits we form can inspire the greatest change, and adding a little lemon to your water in the mornings doesn’t take much time or effort. The hydration from the water plus the nutrients and antioxidants from the lemon make this drink a powerhouse when it comes to improving your health. Let us know how you like it!