You may know a couple who seem so perfect for one another. They must have seen something in their relationship that confirmed they should always be together. If you asked them, it might surprise you to learn good looks or a “spark” wasn’t what clued them in to the fact they were suitable for one another. They would say that what clued them into knowing they were with “the one” was something much deeper and more reliable.
Eleven Signs Your Partner is The One for You
These are the ten signs these couples would say can show you that you’re with the one you’ll stay with long term.
1 – Respect for one another
Without respect, a relationship won’t last long. Respect is not just admiring the other person but showing regard for their wishes, feelings, and their rights in the relationship. When you respect someone, you value their thoughts and opinions. You’re saying, “you’re the one for me.” A healthy relationship includes respectful initiatives, such as:
- Listening to each other: Listening means you look at your significant other when they talk to you. You allow them to finish their sentences instead of interrupting them. They feel you care about what they say and how they think. Listening shows them you respect them, which is a sign you two are definitely on the right road for a successful relationship.
- Accept advice: If your person takes your advice, this is a sign they respect you. They value your thoughts enough to take them to heart when they decide. Couples who can give one another’s advice show humility.
- Kind words: Respect means you refuse to resort to mockery or name-calling, even during an argument. You choose kind words over rude ones. It takes self-control to explain your frustration during a fight. But if you respect one another, you make the extra effort it takes to be kind rather than rude.
2. Laugh together
Laughter is a powerful bond to a strong relationship. When couples laugh together, it helps them feel more positive about one another. They feel more in love with one another. Here are things you can do to add some laughs to your relationship. Whether you watch a funny movie, tease one another, or go out on a fun date to an amusement park or comedy show. Your ability to laugh together is significant and worth cultivating together.
Besides being a good bond with your relationship, laughter is also good for your health. When you and your significant other laugh together, you’re helping one another stay healthier. Laughter affects your body in many ways, including the following:
- Lower your stress
- It helps your heart health stay healthy by improving circulation
- Boosts your immune system
- Lowers your blood pressure
3. Encourage one another
Words of encouragement go a long way in helping your relationship. Encouragement is affirming the other person’s worth. It’s saying things like these words:
- You are special to me.
- I’m crazy about you
- I couldn’t have done this without you.
- I love you!
- I’m so grateful to you.
- You are all I have ever wanted in a partner.
When your partner tells you these things, you feel motivated to make the relationship work. You see the sparkle in their eyes when they look at you, and it makes you fall in love with them all over again.
4. Don’t always feel “in love”
Contrary to what you’ve heard, being in a relationship doesn’t mean you always feel “in love” with the person. Sometimes you feel mad at your significant other for what they said or did. That’s okay. All relationships have their ups and downs. Love means commitment and keeping your promises. It’s more than a feeling. Instead, it’s an emotional connection to the other person and being the best companion you can be to them. Love is an action more than a feeling. If you notice this in your relationship, there is good chance you with the one you’ll stay with long term.
5. Vulnerable with one another
Being vulnerable means, you’re willing to take emotional risks. You let down your guard to talk about your weaknesses, fears, and disappointments in life. It takes courage to express your emotions with your partner. Vulnerability is essential for the health of your relationship. It gives your relationship more meaning and depth. When you’re both vulnerable, it allows both of you a sense of security and feelings of love. It’s a sure sign you are with the right person. If you’re not experiencing this, you need to see this as a big red flag.
6. Make one another a priority
People who are in love make time for one another. They want to be together. Making your partner a priority speaks volumes to them. Your actions tell them they are your most significant relationship. It’s a clear sign of someone’s commitment to you if they regularly carve out time with you. If this isn’t happening, it could be a sign that something is broken in your relationship, so speak up and find out what’s going on.
7. Resist blameshifting
Happy, strong couples resist the urge to blame one another when they’re upset.
It’s easy to slip into blaming, especially when you’re angry. Usually, several things contribute to your angry feelings. Maybe you had a hard day at work, then when your partner says something that pushes you over the edge. It’s easy to see them as the problem when it was the culmination of it all. In a strong relationship, a couple can sit down and unravel what is going on instead of lashing out at one another.
8. Have trust
Trust is a massive component of a relationship. The best way to earn your partner’s trust is to live your life consistently. Let your actions speak louder than what you say. Earn your partner’s trust by refusing to do these things, including these:
- Lying to them
- Breaking your word to them
- Not keeping your promises
- Not being there for them emotionally or physically
- Not flirting with others
Show your partner you are trustworthy. It will help your relationship grow strong.
9. Create unique rituals
If you find your relationship is a slump, try creating simple rituals to make it more unique. Things like breakfast in bed together or weekend walks around a lake are simple ways to start small but significant rituals as a couple. These are often the simple things that build happiness in a relationship, making it unique for you and your partner. Use little pet names or nicknames to add a special sparkle to your relationship.