Everyone is bound to get off track sometimes, and when it happens to you, you’ll want to give your mind a reality check. Staying on track requires determination, dedication, self-discipline, and lots of effort. While it’s hard work, staying on task will help you reach your dreams and find success.
If you’re distracted and focusing on things that don’t matter long-term, you must switch your mindset. You’ll want to give yourself a reality check right away to prevent wasting time or energy. Being brutally honest with yourself and learning to let go of things that don’t matter will make the difference.
While it might seem easier to let things slide, it won’t help you become who you want to be. Plus, you won’t reach your goals or achieve success, which is a hard truth to accept. Time passes, whether you work hard or slack off, so make sure to make the best choice.
Fifteen Quotes For a Reality Check
If you stay focused on the essential things in your life, you’ll be able to look back and feel good about what you accomplished. These quotes can give your mind the reality check it needs to refocus when you get off course. Choose the quotes that resonate within you the most, and write them in a place you’ll see often.
1. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
When people look at something, everyone might see something different. When it comes to staying on track and focusing on the right things, you must know the good in everything.
The next time you need to refocus, consider what you see when looking at things. If you see negativity and distraction, try looking at it another way until you see something different.
2. “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” – John C. Maxwell
You only need average perception and responses to be an average person. However, if you want to become successful and achieve your goals, you must develop a different perception.
Don’t think the same way everyone else does, or you’ll get stuck in the same rut as them. Instead, think about things differently and respond positively to failure so that you can overcome it.
3. “No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.” – Ansel Adams
No one else should tell you how to perceive things or what you should create and produce. Follow your dreams and stay on the path that leads you to the things you’re passionate about. Be true to who you are, holding nothing back despite what other people want for you.
4. “There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.” – Douglas H. Everett
It is possible to turn your dream world into reality. All it takes to make it happen is staying on track and giving yourself a reality check whenever necessary.
While some people might tell you to stop living in a dream world and face reality, you can continue doing both. Please don’t listen to the negativity of others when it comes to making your dreams come true.
5. “The reality of life is that your perceptions – right or wrong – influence everything else you do. When you get a proper perspective of your perceptions, you may be surprised how many other things fall into place.” – Roger Birkman
The way you think about things influence what happens in your life. Whether your perceptions are correct or not, they determine how things work out.
If you find that things aren’t going the way you wanted them to, take a moment to consider your perception. Then, give yourself a reality check and acknowledge that your thoughts are the reasons things aren’t working out in your favor.
6. “Our thoughts not only reveal what we are, they predict what we will become. We will soon be the sum total of our thoughts.” – A.W. Tozer
Your thoughts say more about you than anything else, as they reveal the real you. As Tozer explains, they predict what you will become because your thoughts tend to come true.
If you’re always thinking negatively, remember this quote so that you can change your thought process. Then, the things you want most in your life will start coming to you.
7. “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” – Martha Graham
Everyone will have an opinion about you, and some of them might be negative. Either way, don’t worry about their thoughts because all that matters is what you think of yourself. When you can remember this wisdom, you’ll have an easier time staying on track.
8. “Every person has a different view of another person’s image. That’s all perception. The character of a man, the integrity, that’s who you are.” – Steve Alford
Each person’s perception of one another is different, especially regarding their image. What matters in life is your character and integrity, as those qualities truly define who you are. Ignore what people think about your image and focus on being a good person instead.
9. “Miracles happen every day, change your perception of what a miracle is, and you’ll see them all around you.” – Jon Bon Jovi
When you’re looking for the good in the world around you, it might be necessary to change your perception. As Bon Jovi explains, miracles occur every day if you’re looking for them. Once you change your mindset, you’re sure to see them all around you. This reality check helps you see this truth.
10. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” – Corrie ten Boom
It doesn’t help make the situation any better when you spend time or energy worrying about things. Instead, it causes you to waste your energy today and ensures a bad tomorrow. Remember this quote and switch your mindset right away if you ever worry too much.
11. “I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it’s up to me.” – Brad Pitt
You determine how your day will go and what happens in your daily life. The only way you can choose positivity and success is by giving your mind a reality check whenever necessary. No one else can help you make the most of your life if you aren’t willing to do it yourself.